Post your nitrous setups!

Mike K

WANNA BE FAST
Reaction score
I am just redoing my nitrous system and have yet to even mount the bottle. Lol. I just want to see how everyone else mounted their solenoids and bottles also if you have pics of the switches that would also be appreciated.

Mike

D98GT

STREETCAR
Reaction score
Subscribed to see some good installs. I still have a plate kit that I had for my 2011 that I am considering putting on the 12

waldogt07

forum member
Reaction score
Mine is pretty much a clean simple install......everything is hidden except the plate and the purge.......you can't really see the switches unless you are looking for them and the Bottles are in the trunk and are only seen at shows.....

I also got a bottle heater/bracket for sale if you need one.....

Here are some pics.....Let me know if you want to see anything else and I will take some pics for you.....

Overall Engine Bay Shot....
DSCN0845.jpg

Bottles in the Trunk.....
DSCN0779.jpg

Switch Panel
IMG_3293_picnik.jpg

Gauges.....and the RPM Switch is mounted in the glove box......BAP is mounted in the trunk but behind the panels and hidden.....Switch for the BAP is in glove box as well.....
tnjpg8.jpg

Another Plate Shot.....Solenoids are hidden behind the plate for purge as well....tucked under the other side of the plenum cover.....WE just modified the plenum cover to be able to fit them perfectly....
DSCN0216.jpg

Purge.....Mounted in the center of the windshield so that the purge cloud goes sprays up and over the car.....
DSCN0231-1.jpg

Stage1

forum member
Reaction score
I run a direct port nitrous kit, all the swtiches are hidden and the bottle is in the back..
020.jpg

Waldogt07's set up is flawless and looks fantastic...

Chino

03 Mach 1 & 08 GT
Reaction score
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1325006024.797039.jpg

Zex 125 shot, finishing the install tomorrow. I'll be wiring the Zex window switch, purge and bottle heater. Mounted in the trunk is a 10lb zex bottle and 15lb Pro-flow bottle tied together via a Y fitting. Switches are mounted under the hand brake using the standard arming switch with safety cover, momentary switch for the purge and a circular toggle switch for the heater. Planning to add a couple bottle openers and possibly a direct port setup in the future with Steeda's CMDP that has the nitrous bosses built in.

08StangGT_CS

forum member
Reaction score
I don't have pictures yet but I am currently getting the following installed:

Nitrous Outlet Hardline Wet Kit for 5.0
Nano 4500 Series System set at 950 PSI
Nitrous Outlet (Glow in The Dark) Bottle Pressure Gauge
Nitrous Outlet Switch Panel
Nitrous Outlet NHRA Safety Blow Off Valve
Nitrous Outlet Blow Down Tube
Nitrous Outlet Fuel Pressure Cutoff Switch
Roush Vent Gauge Pod with Autometer GS Electric Nitrous Pressure Gauge

and a NOS Mini-2 Stage Progressive Nitrous Controller.

I'll get pics soon.

Also adding Livenois ported heads and Stage 3 Comp XFI NSR NA Cams.

Any suggestions as to what spark plugs I should use?

Last edited:

Chino

03 Mach 1 & 08 GT
Reaction score
Ive always used NGK or Brisk Racing plugs with no problems in any of my cars. With the nitrous setup I'll be throwing in the NGK Iridium IX plugs I got from Rock Auto

bthornton10

forum member
Reaction score
Mine is pretty much a clean simple install......everything is hidden except the plate and the purge.......you can't really see the switches unless you are looking for them and the Bottles are in the trunk and are only seen at shows.....

I also got a bottle heater/bracket for sale if you need one.....

Here are some pics.....Let me know if you want to see anything else and I will take some pics for you.....

Overall Engine Bay Shot....
DSCN0845.jpg

Bottles in the Trunk.....
DSCN0779.jpg

Switch Panel
IMG_3293_picnik.jpg

Gauges.....and the RPM Switch is mounted in the glove box......BAP is mounted in the trunk but behind the panels and hidden.....Switch for the BAP is in glove box as well.....
tnjpg8.jpg

Another Plate Shot.....Solenoids are hidden behind the plate for purge as well....tucked under the other side of the plenum cover.....WE just modified the plenum cover to be able to fit them perfectly....
DSCN0216.jpg

Purge.....Mounted in the center of the windshield so that the purge cloud goes sprays up and over the car.....
DSCN0231-1.jpg

Nice Set up! Makes me want to keep my car and nitrous kit LOL, but I really want a F150 ecoboost or GT500.

waldogt07

forum member
Reaction score
That looks great. Makes me want to spray my car. LOL

Waldogt07, your engine bay looks amazing! Props to a BAMF setup

Nice Set up! Makes me want to keep my car and nitrous kit LOL, but I really want a F150 ecoboost or GT500.

Thanks......it is fun and makes all kinds of power.....it seems like it gets better every time I spray it......the only thing I need now is a built bottom end and then up the shots....which would make it real fun...lol

Swarzkopf

forum member
Reaction score
uh oh... nitrous install 2.0 here we go :D

LOL

I'm looking forward to a ride in the upgraded GT500 this spring. I'd imagine it's quite a bit meaner now. :D

it seems like it gets better every time I spray it.

I've seen that actually happen with nitrous setups before (specifically on the old pushrod 5.0)- it happened as the engine's compression dropped, providing less resistance when the spray is flowing.

Seer

forum member
Reaction score
LOL

I'm looking forward to a ride in the upgraded GT500 this spring. I'd imagine it's quite a bit meaner now. :D

a little bit, pulley and tuned. Looking at buying an elbow and having the blowers inlet port matched. Need to find someone local to do this.

Most likely throwing on a tvs this spring though.

twisted_GT500

forum member
Reaction score
^^ contact VMP Tuning! They have port matched elbows. You can buy one with a core charge, swap it with yours, then get your core charge back. That's the way I would go if I were you. That way you're getting an established product. They also offer a bad @$$ TVS unit for an amazing price!!

Their TVs is cnc'ed, and flows more, as well as accepting a smaller puller (down to a 2.2" I think)...and it obviously works with their port matched elbow.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back