Pypes O/R X for shortie headers put on stock manifold

Styre

It Happens
Reaction score
This may help with the Pypes x pipe leaks. I bought a Pypes off road x pipe cheap. I put it on but it leaked very bad at the manifold. Come to find out it was made for a shortie header. I got my trusty sawzaw and cut my stock flange (on the cat part) about 1 1/2 inches down from the engine side. I made sure to leave enough room that if I had to I could weld it back stock. So I took the peice I cut off and put it inside the Pypes flange and bolted it to the stock manifold. No leaks and it sound good. Hope this helps somebody. I didn't take pictures but I can take a picture of the stock pipe and where I cut it.

Styre

It Happens
Reaction score
100_0498.jpg 100_0496.jpg

What you will do is cut the bell part off the stock cat/h pipe. Measure from the end of the bell about 1 1/2 inches. Cut that part off, you will put the part you cut off in the bell on the Pypes xpipe. It will fit down in it almost flush. Your manifold will seal on the stock bell part like it did with the stock parts. I wish I would have took pictures of that but it's on the car now. When you take your stock stuff off you can see what I did in the pictures I put up. Hope this helps.

wildman97

Reaction score
Did you use the sleeves that came with your x-pipe? Without them it will not seal right.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back