Rear Crankshaft Seal Leaks @ 8900 Miles

tmcolegr

It's All About the Build
Reaction score
How many of you have had to replace your rear crankshaft seal? Did you intentionally replace the seal because it was leaking or find the seal to be leaking while performing some other repair in that area - clutch, torque converter, etc? If you replaced the seal yourselves, was it the seal that was actually leaking, the retainer bolts loose, or the retainer leaking where it is sealed to the back of the block.

Upon disassembly we found that my rear seal had spun in the retainer.

rog06gt

Mash it!!!
Reaction score
Looks like your the only one so far? I did ask that question a long time ago in another forum before I decided to put a SC on my stock block, at that time I only got negative answers...
I do remember reading something about possible main cap bearing walking, but I can't remember where...
I'm concerned about the fact that I still have the stock harmonic balancer and that might induce premature wear, especially at the crank seals...
It's all speculation for now, 20000 hard miles since the SC install and no issue so far except for an engine vibration at around 2500-2700, but I'm not alone and it does affect the NA guys as well...
Wish I could be of more help...let us know how it turns out, good luck.
Cheers

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back