S197GT's "Lindsay" got a new tattoo (full process))

lostsoul

2014 vett or 2015 stang..
Reaction score
IMG_2148.jpg

IS that a drawing of #8 plug breaking out? hahah

dougie b

Reaction score
ha basically, I wanted to incorporate some cartoon styled car parts on it, and I'm not sure if you can see it in the other pics, but to the right top portion of the grenade are the words "dont jinx it" with an arrow pointed at it

....it was clever at the time ha (Nick don't blame me if your right foot is heavy!)

S197 GT

PINK Casting Director
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
ha basically, I wanted to incorporate some cartoon styled car parts on it, and I'm not sure if you can see it in the other pics, but to the right top portion of the grenade are the words "dont jinx it" with an arrow pointed at it

....it was clever at the time ha (Nick don't blame me if your right foot is heavy!)

The motor's stayed intact without the cover, so we'll see how it affects the performance!

killr3v

Hector G.
Reaction score
That came out badass man! Dougie you have some talent my nig. Congrats Nick!

lostsoul

2014 vett or 2015 stang..
Reaction score
Ill paypal $10 if you put lostsoul and a chicken in there >:)

NotQuik

I can't drive
Reaction score
Looks cool...I was checking out your car down at the 9/11 tribute run. How many hours do you have in your hood?

dougie b

Reaction score
Looks cool...I was checking out your car down at the 9/11 tribute run. How many hours do you have in your hood?

Thanks man, I took my time with the first hood. I had never tried using the paint or even painting a car before so it was a definite "well....f*** it, I'll do it" kind of moment.

I took my time planning the locations of pieces and setting up an overall design, which took a couple extra hours, but overall I believe it was about 20 hours over the course of 3 weeks.....that time has obviously sped up quite a bit. The torch red hood, which IMO shows a huge increase in my skill, took about half the time, although it still needs a couple hours plus clear coat.

I can do more than just radiator covers guys! hoods, mirror covers, trunks, wheel lips, underhood accessories, you name it; I want a design on it!

I'm also working on a semi-secret project, but ill let the S197 guys know I've been looking for an Audi R8 owner.... I have the front end of the R8 sitting in my apartment, waiting to get it ready for a car....but i need the car first. Know anyone that got one? Not even necessarily trying to sell the piece, I would really just like a photo shoot with my hood on the car for self promotion. How bout this.....anyone on this board who can find me an R8 owner or car willing to help me out, you will get FREE ARTWORK for your car.
Thanks for reading guys!
-Doug

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back