Same 3.7 L as in the S197?

tjm73

of Omicron Persei 8
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
your comparing the new v6 to the old v8.. thats silly.

Also there is normally higher potential with a v8 along with better sound and manly tq.. and so on.. Also the main reason real men prefer the v8 over the 6 is BECAUSE most females and rookies and high school'ers opt for the v6.

RET had a stock 3v hit 800rwhp. grated they didnt have it there long, but show me a stock 3v v6 do dat.

You assume I'm comparing the V6 to any V8. I'm not. And anyone that would argue the potential power capabilities of the V6 to be equal or greater to the V8 is a fool. Even a novice nows more displacement offers more potential for power.

Also the main reason real men prefer the v8 over the 6 is...

This is exactly the kind of thing I don't get. The correlation you're making seems to be "buys a V6 = less of a man than one who buys a V8."

There are woman that choose a V8. I guess that means those woman are more manly than other woman then?

Sure many woman and high schoolers buy V6's, but please explain why buying a V6 makes a guy not a "real man". I think it's purely a "my dick is bigger than you're dick" mentality. I doubt you can offer a truly compelling argument for your statement.

Personally, I hope the 2015 cars are indistinguishable from each other as to which model they are other than badge differences (like the GT badge/ running horse badge on the taillight panel).

ford20

forum member
Reaction score
your comparing the new v6 to the old v8.. thats silly.

Also there is normally higher potential with a v8 along with better sound and manly tq.. and so on.. Also the main reason real men prefer the v8 over the 6 is BECAUSE most females and rookies and high school'ers opt for the v6.

RET had a stock 3v hit 800rwhp. grated they didnt have it there long, but show me a stock 3v v6 do dat.
That is an impossible request.
Really....?:popcorneat:
Would you kindly shed some light on this?

You didn't really finish reading did you?

lostsoul

2014 vett or 2015 stang..
Reaction score
There are woman that choose a V8. I guess that means those woman are more manly than other woman then?

I had a feeling that might be brought up but how many woman that do have a 8v went to it because of a mans influance(hubby or bf).

See the issue with you understanding fall back on your liberal progressive ideology. Its that same group of people that do not see the lines between men and women. Its not about having a v6 makes you a shitty less of a person. If anything its more practical to get a v6 or the eco boost. But inside most men is the need and want of power and tits. Its built into our genetic code. I hope that helps clear up the confusion for my mustang brothers..:thumb2:

Fact= Most v6 are bought by obama voters :roflmao:

ejschmidt

forum member
Reaction score
I am by no means an Obama supporter, nor do I feel it necessary to compensate for my manliness.

The right deal came up at the right time, and it happened to be a v6. I decided it was more important for me to have a manual than a v8.

As for suggesting that politics plays into the number of cylinders one owns is about as absurd as a Chris Collinsworth statistic.

csamsh

forum member
Reaction score
Back to the original question of this thread- my friend the engineer at Ford says they're holding the V6 back/detuning it to make the turbo 4 look better. I'd be amazed if it's rated any higher than the current one.

07TGGT

@user
Reaction score
Back to the original question of this thread- my friend the engineer at Ford says they're holding the V6 back/detuning it to make the turbo 4 look better. I'd be amazed if it's rated any higher than the current one.

I agree with you on how Ford is probably detuning it but it will get a higher rating, Ford already said it would.

The EB will outperform it either way. A little more HP, better torque curve, and lighter all equates for better performance.

ejschmidt

forum member
Reaction score
I honestly don't think it needs to be changed either. It's a very good platform as it sits.

tjm73

of Omicron Persei 8
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I agree with you on how Ford is probably detuning it but it will get a higher rating, Ford already said it would.

The EB will outperform it either way. A little more HP, better torque curve, and lighter all equates for better performance.

I have to disagree. The Explorer base engine is the n/a 3.5 V6 with 290 hp & 255 ft-lb. The 2.0 EB is the optional engine with just 240 hp but 270 ft-lb.

I would not be surprised one bit if the 2.3 EB had 305 hp and the 3.7 had 320hp. The current marketing spin for the EB is bigger engine power with smaller engine fuel economy. That spin would still work.

ejschmidt

forum member
Reaction score
I think the addition of the to-be SVO will be a great addition to the Mustang family. It gives Ford a lot of options for their customer base and hopefully can enhance the Mustang community even further.

ford20

forum member
Reaction score
I have to disagree. The Explorer base engine is the n/a 3.5 V6 with 290 hp & 255 ft-lb. The 2.0 EB is the optional engine with just 240 hp but 270 ft-lb.

I would not be surprised one bit if the 2.3 EB had 305 hp and the 3.7 had 320hp. The current marketing spin for the EB is bigger engine power with smaller engine fuel economy. That spin would still work.

Start at 2:00

tjm73

of Omicron Persei 8
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Start at 2:00

Meh. I guess we'll have to wait and see if they hold the line or give it a small boost. Looks like they'll hold the line. But it's not like Ford has never changed their mind before. If the revised config ( assuming it is revised) bumps hp a little bit they'll run it.

i05GT

StreetStangSociety-Pres
Reaction score
Yea I corrected that in my next post. I have a 4.0 V6 that runs all over bolt on 3v V8s.

That's exactly what I would like to know. How? Plenty of v6s around here. Just haven't seen one beat a 3v. Just curious.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back