"Service AdvanceTrac"

Digital_Synapse

forum member
Reaction score
So I turned on my car the other night, and I heard a beep, like low fuel, looked down, and the TC was off. A warning came up saying Service AdvanceTrac, and I couldn't click it on or off, just stayed lit. So I took off like a bat out of hell and sure enough, no TC, just spun and spun, and drifted with no problems like stability control was off as well.

Later in the evening I turned the car on again to go home, and everything worked normal.

Anyone else have this happen? Should I service it, or did my computer just have a mini-stroke?

Kingcrabb

forum member
Reaction score
My service AT came on at the track one night a couple times. It did it every time i would have real bad wheel hop. I just cleared it with my SCT and that was that.
Not sure what to really tell you. But i can say iv never had a problem with anything to this day.

Digital_Synapse

forum member
Reaction score
My service AT came on at the track one night a couple times. It did it every time i would have real bad wheel hop. I just cleared it with my SCT and that was that.
Not sure what to really tell you. But i can say iv never had a problem with anything to this day.

Yeah see, I had just turned on my car leaving FreeTails, and the light/chime came on instantly. Then drove it, parked it, turned it off. Few hours go by, turn it on, and its good. :/

cshiznitzj

forum member
Reaction score
I have had my car start applying brake to one wheel when going in straight line without acceleration. Just wigging out. Only happened once but I drive with the nanny off 99% time.

Reaction score
not to hi-jack your post but , has anyone turned their a/t off and try to drift out of a corner, mine seems to cut the engine out for a sec like a/t is on anyways (2012 manual) dont know if that matters , i know i dont have skip shift like the 2011's do, so it made me curious if they might have changed anything. around a corner it seems to cut out.

Last edited:

DarkTrak

Small kine pimpin'
Reaction score
not to hi-jack your post but , has anyone turned their a/t off and try to drift out of a corner, mine seems to cut the engine out for a sec like a/t is on anyways (2012 manual) dont know if that matters , i know i dont have skip shift like the 2011's do, so it made me curious if they might have changed anything. in a stright line you can boil the tires! but around a corner it seems to cut out.

there are 3 TCS/ASC modes.

push button = TCS off/ stability on

Hold brake and double tap button = Sport mode

Hold brake and hold button for 8 seconds = Everything off.

JEWC_Motorsports

S197 Junkie
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
With tc and at off my car will spin the tires around a corner and in a straight line.

Mikes5.0

forum member
Reaction score
Happened to me once on the dyno. I turned the car off then back on and it went away

Lucky you, We had to unstrap my car from the dyno and drive around the corner to get my service light to go off. It was my mistake forgot to tell the guy how to turn both the adv track and trac control off.

Digital_Synapse

forum member
Reaction score
Lucky you, We had to unstrap my car from the dyno and drive around the corner to get my service light to go off. It was my mistake forgot to tell the guy how to turn both the adv track and trac control off.
He should have known.

Decided on new wheels yet? The SVE's are looking hella sexi. :)

Mikes5.0

forum member
Reaction score
Yeah I hope so, the rear offset seems kinda week for a 10in wide (+51) but it looks like it might be flush. I cant wait to get them so I can sell the oem brembo wheels and buy a set of dedicated track wheels.

BMR Tech

Traction Vendor
Official Vendor
Reaction score
You have to be stopped?

Shucks. We always hold the brake for 8 seconds while moving.....

;)

Full_Tilt

forum member
Reaction score
I read something about exhaust mods casing an issue with advance trac. Apparently the pipes can get too close to the sensors and get them too hot.
I wish I knew more detail. I suppose Ill have to look out for these sensors when Im installing my axle backs.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back