Shaker 1000 and strange noise in dash

patriotu

forum member
Reaction score
Hello,

since i live overseas i hope find some good answers here..

I bought my car 2 years ago. Everything was fine until temperatures droped and cold weather came. If the car was parked for2,3 days battery dead. So , bought a new battery , but happend the same. So after some forums research i found that i have to change the cd drive mechanism from my sh1000, wich displayed message CD ERROR all the time, and was not working.

So, i placed the order on rockauto and change it. That happen in spring( because of a loooong shipment from usa to romania) and after change it everything worked perfect. No cd error message, cd works fine , battery hold for ever.

This until ... winter came again...

I keep the car in an unheated garage and a few days ago when i want to start the car , after 3 weeks, battery flat dead. So... i charged the battery,and start the car. Than surprize !!! Big one. Cd player not working and message CD ERROR came back , and if this isnt enough i have a strange noise in dash board ...

So my question is cd driver mechanism is broke again because of cold weather(when i parked the 3 weeks ago cd works fine) and sucked all the battery, or battery was sucked by another consumer and broke the cd drive mechanism ??

And what is that annoing noise , its related with flat battery or with shaker ? Or its just a coincidence ?

Any thoughts ??

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
the batter drain issue is pretty common with these cars.

when I had my 06, I had this issue, only way I found to at all combat it was to make sure the radio was powered off before I shut the engine, that helped. However, there are tons of threads on the site about the drain issue.

as far as the CD player, IIRC, also a fairly common issue when the battery dies, I don't recall the reason or fix, did you search on the issue?

patriotu

forum member
Reaction score
the batter drain issue is pretty common with these cars.

when I had my 06, I had this issue, only way I found to at all combat it was to make sure the radio was powered off before I shut the engine, that helped. However, there are tons of threads on the site about the drain issue.

as far as the CD player, IIRC, also a fairly common issue when the battery dies, I don't recall the reason or fix, did you search on the issue?
Working on it !

ixtlan

Reaction score
It is the air box blend door drive motors. There are 3 of them and mine did the same thing.
Poor design but has since been improved. (Teeth get chipped internally)
The fun part is figuring out which is bad. Two are easy changes One is a Biatch!
Run through your switch settings and you can figure out which is bad.
Search for post "05-gt-blend-door-issue" and have fun.
As far as the CD the battery being low and drained really screws with the Shakers. Charge Battery fully and I would bet your CD issue goes away.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back