spark plugs 2008.?

Gallagher

forum member
Reaction score
i guess spark plugs have changed from 2005-2006 or 07 im not sure but i need to kno i hve a paxton novi2200 SC incooled.. i want good spark plugs... any1 kno??

69Mach1-409

Reaction score
Not sure what year your GT is, but I have an Oct 2007 build 2008 GT and it has the old style plugs.

tmcolegr

It's All About the Build
Reaction score
4.6L 3Vs built before 11/30/07 had HT spark plugs. Look at the build date on your driver's side valve cover - NOT the production date of the vehicle

Gallagher

forum member
Reaction score
i dont have to look to kno they are the diffrent ones... i had them physically taken otu and compared to wat WOULD have gone in if it was say a 2005+ and they were diffrent lol

NastyStang113

Made in U.S.A.
Reaction score
4.6L 3Vs built before 11/30/07 had HT spark plugs. Look at the build date on your driver's side valve cover - NOT the production date of the vehicle

Correct. The easy way to identify new and old style heads is that the old style heads use a BLACK COP while the new style use a BROWN COP.

08StangGT_CS

forum member
Reaction score
Correct. The easy way to identify new and old style heads is that the old style heads use a BLACK COP while the new style use a BROWN COP.

Not entirely true. My car is an 08 with Black COPs and new style plugs. To make sure just pull one and compare. You can also call ford and give them your VIN. They will get you the part number of your spark plug.

NastyStang113

Made in U.S.A.
Reaction score
Not entirely true. My car is an 08 with Black COPs and new style plugs. To make sure just pull one and compare. You can also call ford and give them your VIN. They will get you the part number of your spark plug.

Hmm .. This is the first I've ever heard about this ...

08StangGT_CS

forum member
Reaction score
Hmm .. This is the first I've ever heard about this ...

Yeah a lot of people had the same perception you had about going by the COP color but I've heard of other people in which this is not the case as well. It might be a good baseline indication but I would also use either one of the other two methods to double check.

Royski

forum member
Reaction score
My COP's are black and I have the new plugs as well. We pulled them at the shop to see when I had the N2O installed.

Gallagher

forum member
Reaction score
so again... lol does any1 have a 2008 with NEW cooler heat range spark plugs installed.. lol and if so any suggestion on them

Gallagher

forum member
Reaction score
I did regap them im running about 11-12 psi buit i want new ones anywayas

FalconGTHO

The Reporter
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Is there an over the (parts) counter one piece replacement for stock engines thats NOT Champion? I wouldnt put Champs in a lawn mower. If not, is there a special kind of anti seize to use or just w/e is on the shelf?

tmcolegr

It's All About the Build
Reaction score
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]High Temperature Nickel Anti-Seize Lubricant[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Part Number [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]XL-2[/FONT]
htnicklb.jpg

bullet.gif
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Provides high temperature lubrication up to 2552°F (1400°C)[/FONT]
bullet.gif
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Prevents seizing and galling of metal parts[/FONT]
bullet.gif
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Guards against rust and corrosion caused by chemicals and weathering[/FONT]
bullet.gif
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]For use when replacing oxygen sensors[/FONT]​

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]ns[/FONT]

NastyStang113

Made in U.S.A.
Reaction score
Is there an over the (parts) counter one piece replacement for stock engines thats NOT Champion? I wouldnt put Champs in a lawn mower. If not, is there a special kind of anti seize to use or just w/e is on the shelf?

No, not whatever is on the shelf. The only anti seize that should be used is nickel anti seize. I got my Autolite HTOs at my local Napa.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back