Stock Longblock Record Coyote 5.0 specs!

JJ@WMS

forum member
Reaction score
JJ, First off congratulations! What do you think made the biggest difference in going 10's versus 11's? Is it slicks versus drag radials?

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Biggest difference was weather and the second biggest difference was the driver. It was great weather and the car picked up 2mph over its previous best that day, not something that is likely going to be duplicated. It did run 10.97 on the previous run however so its backed up.

We didnt change anything from the previous years 11.12 with the exception of the Barton Shifter. The tune has stayed the same.

JJ, along with my earlier questions... What rpm are you launching and shifting at?

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Launching around 6k and shifting at 7800.

I'd sure be interested to see how it would run with the stock CAI vs. the JLT. ;)

I will bet you would. LOL... I do feel the JLT gives us a bit more up top, especially at the higher rpms, its not much but every little bit helps. :clap:

Thanks everyone,

JJ

Matt D

S197 Pilot
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Car is hauling the mail for sure JJ! But I have to call you out on the stock long block record ;)

302989_10150294650450415_508795414_8091092_173006006_n.jpg

Once you guys knock some weight off and I fix my trans it will be a race to mid 10's on the stock long block :beer:

JJ@WMS

forum member
Reaction score
Car is hauling the mail for sure JJ! But I have to call you out on the stock long block record ;)

302989_10150294650450415_508795414_8091092_173006006_n.jpg

Once you guys knock some weight off and I fix my trans it will be a race to mid 10's on the stock long block :beer:

My car isnt getting any lighter as I dont want to strip it or make it hard to live with. Its also getting traded in on a '15 so it will stay what I call "one day away from being stock again".

As far as the record goes it still stands as far as I'm concerned, it is the fastest and quickest stock longblock 5.0 if you consider its the same motor that came with the car, not something that falls under your category but a great feat on your part nonetheless. :clap:

I am sure we can line up sometime soon just for fun. Take care and talk to you soon.

JJ

Blackblurr2007

forum member
Reaction score
BADASS! wow that is cool. People are scratching there heads saying.. NO WAY! I have 535 to the tire and run 11.68, how is that possible! GOOD job hope to see more!

Blackblurr2007

forum member
Reaction score
My car isnt getting any lighter as I dont want to strip it or make it hard to live with. Its also getting traded in on a '15 so it will stay what I call "one day away from being stock again".

As far as the record goes it still stands as far as I'm concerned, it is the fastest and quickest stock longblock 5.0 if you consider its the same motor that came with the car, not something that falls under your category but a great feat on your part nonetheless. :clap:

I am sure we can line up sometime soon just for fun. Take care and talk to you soon.

JJ
I think hes more saying 5.0 in the 2011 mustang record! Plus he is at near full weight full accesories which makes a big difference for et!!! Yours is badass too! BTW

Boss281

S197 Team Member
Reaction score

Now now, isn't that apples to oranges old friend (young man :) )??? If you pull a 5.0 and stick it in a AC Cobra's 2000lb chassis and run 9s, is that a record you can compare? I'd say no since it's not the original engine/car it came with.

I'm siding with JJ on this one. Stock longblock in the original frame/car as it drove off the dealer's lot. Both are considerable achievements for sure, but it's not 1:1 record comparison.

Make sense to you Matt?

qwikhuh

Official Vendor
Reaction score
I couldn't find this post when I was working on my blog for our new 2013 GT coming in. I will be gunning for you JJ, hopefully we can line them up sometime in the fall :)

Wnt2gofst

Banned
Reaction score
Now now, isn't that apples to oranges old friend (young man :) )??? If you pull a 5.0 and stick it in a AC Cobra's 2000lb chassis and run 9s, is that a record you can compare? I'd say no since it's not the original engine/car it came with.

I'm siding with JJ on this one. Stock longblock in the original frame/car as it drove off the dealer's lot. Both are considerable achievements for sure, but it's not 1:1 record comparison.

Make sense to you Matt?
I have to9 agree. If I pull my engine stick it in a miata and say its a stock loing block is that really fair?

CraigNnem

forum member
Reaction score
I understand what you guys mean & I agree, but MattD has basically the same car, just a different front cap & rear wit a lot of weight reduction, not a totally different platform.

Wnt2gofst

Banned
Reaction score
I understand what you guys mean & I agree, but MattD has basically the same car, just a different front cap & rear wit a lot of weight reduction, not a totally different platform.

If it is a engine swap I just can't count it. Sorry. That like me putting a jet engine in my car and saying I have fastest stock suspension 2012 mustang. Or my other example

Samsung Galaxy 2-better then your iPhone..

Last edited:

kdanner

forum member
Reaction score

Sorry, it's just a crossbreed. Just like mine is.

qwikhuh

Official Vendor
Reaction score

I am a big fan of Matt's car and what he has done but comparing it to JJ's really is apples to oranges. The engine is the same and that is really it. Matt's car is a race car that is streetable. JJ's car is pretty much a bolt on stock 11-12 GT. That said run Matts car at Cecil in November and it will run much harder than 10.8s

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back