SVTrojans' New Carpet

svtrojan

forum member
Reaction score
The carpet in my car was kinda funky... previous owner had spilled what I hope was just soda, some jelly beans, two batteries, a lighter, and $4.56 in change. Not to mention a number of rips in the back carpet. So I'm going with new black carpet with the plan of eventually getting everything back to black. Or I may just leave the seats and carpet out and sit in the back seat. Because racecar. :highfive:

Anyone know how to remove the trim around the passenger seatbelt in the back? Looks like I'm going to need to remove that to install the carpet.

DSC02838_zps8d13ff1c.jpg

DSC02835_zpsefef872f.jpg

mfergel

forum member
Reaction score
Wow. I'll need to do this eventually. Not that my carpet dirty but there is a hole worn into the area where the heel of my foot rests by the accelerator.

TGR96

el blanco nino
Reaction score
Well since the carpet is out, why not take this opportunity to put in a roll cage??? Because Racecar! :evillaugh:

svtrojan

forum member
Reaction score
ha ha ha! yeah, no need for that, it's just a daily. I might put in a big e-brake lever so I can feel like Ken Block...

I pulled the rear seat out, no one knows how to remove the trim around the seat belt? Probably just a clip but don't want to pull too much if it isn't.

svtrojan

forum member
Reaction score
Oh and I found $.10 more, this carpet is paying for itself!

NotaHybrid

I'm slow
Reaction score
So much weight savings with no carpet, plus its easier to clean. Just spray it out with a hose :highfive:

amustangrocks

forum member
Reaction score
did you already get the carpet? are you going with the acc stuff? good thread, my parch carpet was trashed from the previous owner from not using floor mats. i`d like to go with black myself

kylecm85

forum member
Reaction score
There is two push style pins around the back rest and on the floor by the trunk opening. Pull those out and easily pull on the plastic panels and they will come out. They are just snapped in.

svtrojan

forum member
Reaction score
So much weight savings with no carpet, plus its easier to clean. Just spray it out with a hose :highfive:

As tempting as it was to leave the bare metal, eventually I decided to go with carpet... maybe someday.

did you already get the carpet? are you going with the acc stuff? good thread, my parch carpet was trashed from the previous owner from not using floor mats. i`d like to go with black myself

Thanks! Yup, went ACC from latemodelrestoration. You can tell that this stuff is thicker than the stock carpet, good quality. I can't imagine getting my carpet as dirty as the previous owner did. When I pulled the rear seats, looked like a yeti had been back there. :piss:

There is two push style pins around the back rest and on the floor by the trunk opening. Pull those out and easily pull on the plastic panels and they will come out. They are just snapped in.

Thanks for all the pointers, eventually found the little bastards. Man, I hate those style pins, always have trouble getting them out.

On to some pictures:

DSC03473_zps00fb3753.jpg

Old carpet... this was after I vacummed it and steam cleaned it!
DSC03477_zpsc947aca6.jpg

New Carpet
DSC03475_zps983227e3.jpg

Trimmin' the carpet
DSC03478_zps78e36eaf.jpg
DSC03479_zpsd10bb5aa.jpg

That's it for today, going to let it bake in the sun a bit before I cut more holes and eventually glue it down. In the meanwhile, perfect time to clean the leathers

fdjizm

Drag Queen
Reaction score
ha ha ha! yeah, no need for that, it's just a daily. I might put in a big e-brake lever so I can feel like Ken Block...

I pulled the rear seat out, no one knows how to remove the trim around the seat belt? Probably just a clip but don't want to pull too much if it isn't.

do it
_JEF7671-X2.jpg

amustangrocks

forum member
Reaction score
ahh, you were holding out on the info and pics :) that looks like a little fitting challenge. course you have the old carpet to go by too. i`d be using my heat gun, but its too big of a pc to rush. thats gonna really look nice. that might have to be on my summer to do list.

svtrojan

forum member
Reaction score
ahh, you were holding out on the info and pics :) that looks like a little fitting challenge. course you have the old carpet to go by too. i`d be using my heat gun, but its too big of a pc to rush. thats gonna really look nice. that might have to be on my summer to do list.

Ha ha ha! yup. It's a bit scary trimming the new carpet, I just cut the center console slit and then started trimming little by little. I'll make some small holes for the seats and seat electric plugs tomorrow. Definitely a great way to change the look of your interior. With all the work you do with leather I'm sure this would be a breeze for ya.

sscobra

forum member
Reaction score
Nice work. I try to always lay the carpet out in the sun if possible when we do ours. It helps get all the folds out and lays flatter when installed. If you can get the interior panels out, the carpet install is easy...lol. Measure 3 times, cut once!

svtrojan

forum member
Reaction score
Definitely easier to do without the interior panels. Got the passenger side all trimmed and installed, I'll tackle the driver's side tomorrow.

Thanks for the contribution hellsbells, but I prefer this one. :nk:
1320545189_medium_zps5ce7c6be.jpeg

svtrojan

forum member
Reaction score
I thought it was blood at first too, but it actually tasted like cherry, so I didn't have to call the cops :2g1c:

Finally got around to finishing it up the other day, although still need to put the shift boot and shift ball on. Otherwise, I took my time with it. Is it perfect? Not really. Does it look good? I like it. Am I proud that I did it myself? Hell yeah.

On to shitty pictures. Might get some better ones tomorrow with better lighting.
DSC03481_zpsbb875625.jpg
DSC03484_zps3f8e9df1.jpg
DSC03483_zpsf4d2405a.jpg

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back