timming chain too tight

maldoj2

Reaction score
i have installed the driver chain side and its reallyvery tight against the compressed tensioner and the passenger side y loose, is this normal ?

19COBRA93

Ford Racing
Reaction score
i have installed the driver chain side and its reallyvery tight against the compressed tensioner and the passenger side y loose, is this normal ?

Have you rotated it around to see if it loosens up? How compressed is the tensioner? Can you post a pic of the whole thing?

maldoj2

Reaction score
i have rotated it around to see if it loosens up iam using the 2v tensions and you can take off the pin that holds the arm in and out but the passenger side seem ok, swicht timming chains and notthing

michael.konor

forum member
Reaction score
Using the 2V tensioners, my drivers side chain is pretty tight against the guide compared to the passenger side. This is with iron tensioners fully compressed and pin still installed.

Pulled the drivers side pin and the plunger actually compressed the chain a little more. Been running the car fine like that since November and up to when I left to come here.

Last edited:

one eyed willy

Pizzle fo shizzle
Reaction score
Make sure you have the chain guides on the correct side, they look similar but have different part numbers and will fit on each side, but they are spaced a little different.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back