Tire Rotation

ScottsVaporGT

Reaction score
Going to do my second oil change and first tire rotation tomorrow (8k miles), but I don't know where to rotate my tires to and where to jack it up. Meaning where do I put the drivers side front...etc. I have tried searching the forum but not picking up the specifics. I know its only like $30 to get them rotated but I am trying to learn to do these things myself. Also are there any things that I need to look for when I am doing this? Thanks for the help!

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
jack points are in the manual

ScottsVaporGT

Reaction score
The front tires should cross to the rear, and the rears should go straight forward.

Ok to make sure I understand you correctly: drivers side front should go to passenger side rear, and passenger side front go to drivers side rear, correct? Sorry for the noob question...:asshat:

dagamore

Poor Driver mod
Reaction score
as long as you dont have directional tires cross the fronts to the back(switch sides) and move the backs to the front(dont switch sides this time).

and put the lugs on hand tight, then use a good torque wrench put the lugs to 95, then 100. but thats just me. you can see the jack points if you look under the car, there will be two dimples and you put the jack between them, for a rough idea they are marked in the manual.

jha1223

forum member
Reaction score
Google C+ P:

"Directional tires have a "one-way" tread pattern that are optimized for the direction the tires rotate on the car. They must therefore be mounted on either the left or right side. Little arrows or triangles on the sidewall indicate which way the tire is supposed to turn. The tread blocks and grooves are angled to optimize handling. They also do a good job of channeling water out from under the tire on wet surfaces to reduce hydroplaning and improve wet traction. Directional tires can be rotated front-to-rear but cannot be rotated side-to-side."

Check your tires for the sidewall markings before rotating.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back