Tired of changing 4 tires at the track?

ChevyKiller

Preferred Internet Drink
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I know I was, so I got rid of my MT Front runners and put these on...

MT Sportsman Radials 28x7.5-15 They fit just fine on the Bogart 3.5/15 and the weight is probably 3 lbs more if I had to guess than the front runners. Plan on putting these on at track day and driving them to the track so I only have to change the rears at the track.

I went with a 28" cause the 26" I had previously were way too low. These should work out nicely and work great on the street when need be.:victory:

View attachment 692

Last edited:

cekim

Large Member
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Knock on wood, but I feel like I am on borrowed time before I have to bring a trailer just to get the peices home and I am no where near your car's level (yet:whip:)...

spyder7724

Reaction score
Knock on wood, but I feel like I am on borrowed time before I have to bring a trailer just to get the peices home and I am no where near your car's level (yet:whip:)...
i usually trailer mine just cause i don't want to swap wheels and tires at the track but i'm gonna do the same thing mark has done. i tried driving my car a few miles on the street with those m/t e.t. fronts and it drives like sh*t unless you're wide open and the front end is up a bit. i'm gonna stick some m&h drag radial fronts and just drive to the track with them and my e.t. streets then pray it doesn't rain.

GI Joe

Reaction score
Those tires are what I run. I can put the rear D/R's on at home too and drive to and from the track..I like that. Now I have slicks to try but I'll probably do those at the track. I use the 28" too. The other would be too short. The OD is actually 27.5 and works well with a 28" rear

don_w

Dyno Numbers - Who Cares?
Reaction score
I know I was, so I got rid of my MT Front runners and put these on...

MT Sportsman Radials 28x7.5-15 ... the weight is probably 3 lbs more if I had to guess than the front runners
Mark... what is the p/n for these? All I see on M/T's website is a bias tire in a 28x7.5-15 size (p/n 1574). And it's about 8 lbs heavier than the 26x4.50 ET Fronts I've been using (20 lbs vs 12 lbs).

fordracing

12.84@108 1.89 60' N/A
Reaction score
Don;

Looking at the picture they look like the 1574's check out the bottom of the sticker.

2k05gt

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Has anyone considered doing this to their stock rims?

WheelsNarrow1Big.jpg

http://www.weldcraftwheels.com/

JohnKABig.jpg

Marius1Big.jpg

Marius2Big.jpg

jumpinjoe

Used up has been
Reaction score
Wow.... how much to have this done? My next question would be, what size tire would you run on the front skinny?

2k05gt

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back