Trunk water channels.

BlackReign

forum member
Reaction score
Hey guys, whats the easiest way to clean some nasty build up in the trunk channels just before the tail lights? Kind of hard to get your hand in there or any of the brushes I have.

Was thinking of trying to take a MF rag ad soak it in some hot soapy water then laying it on top of the grime to beak it up....but didn't know if you guys had a better way to take care of this problematic area.

BlackReign

forum member
Reaction score
Yeah, I'll try that but it seems a bit thicker than something thats going to blow off.

BlackReign

forum member
Reaction score
Alright...I'll go pick up a tooth brush, or just use my wife's (she won't notice).

Don't know why I didn't think of a freak'n tooth brush. :mad2:

07TGGT

@user
Reaction score
Try some diluted APC, all purpose cleaner, and scrub it with a soft bristled brush and rinse. A toothbrush with scratch up the paint.

BlackReign

forum member
Reaction score
Try some diluted APC, all purpose cleaner, and scrub it with a soft bristled brush and rinse. A toothbrush with scratch up the paint.

Even a soft bristle brush?

I may shop around for some new brushes....most of the ones I have are a bit firm and or have wider heads/handles than what I need here.

07TGGT

@user
Reaction score
Even a soft bristle brush?

I may shop around for some new brushes....most of the ones I have are a bit firm and or have wider heads/handles than what I need here.

Yes, toothbrushes are not designed with paint care in mind. You can find a wide variety of brushes that are specifically made for car detailing and they don't really cost much. Just keep lubricity in mind, and water is NOT, I repeat NOT, a lubricant.

Lupo222

forum member
Reaction score
I second the APC, however, I would recommend threading the rag as someone else mentioned. The soft bristle brushes work, but you said you can't get them in there. When you're done, spray some spray wax, or coat some sealant on a rag and drag it through to get some protection. This will help prevent it from happening again.

BlackReign

forum member
Reaction score
Thank you, gentlemen....

I took care of it last night with a SOS steel wool pad....paint's a little dull, but the grime is gone.

just kidding, I'll take care of it this weekend :boobies:

TxGt1

forum member
Reaction score
Meg's APC and a microfiber if you had a steamer that would make thing a lot easier

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gothamite302

forum member
Reaction score
Meg's APC and a microfiber if you had a steamer that would make thing a lot easier

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I use my steamer. Spray some aAPC on it, let it sit then hit it with the vx5000

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

W3bb3r04

Slow 3v Member
Reaction score
Yeah I was going to say steamer! I dont have one but they work the best for sure.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back