Tuning a turbo s197

one eyed willy

Pizzle fo shizzle
Reaction score
thats way too high, im no pro tooner by any means and really only know my car and at 15psi i see less than 100 #/min.

what injectors and what file are you using for them? are you putting the car in open loop when datalogging or are you manually just giving it enough gas to make it switch over to open loop? what thottle position do you have it set to switch over?

Bullitt6301

forum member
Reaction score
I typed the wrong value. I meant to say that is 560 maf counts. Not the #/mins. I have it set around 99 @ 1023 counts right now but cannot get past 560 counts. My apologies for the confusion.

one eyed willy

Pizzle fo shizzle
Reaction score
k,that sounds much better,lol. Your maf counts will only go as high as the amount of air you are pushing in, where is the maf located? where is your BOV, where do you get your boost reading?

@7.5psi i see 835 maf counts with a load of 1.6
@15.5psi i see 971 maf counts with a load of 2.2

do you have a boost controller? is it holding boost thru the rpm range?

Bullitt6301

forum member
Reaction score
the maf located? It is located in a 3in pipe just I front of the TB.

where is your BOV? it is located after the intercooler when it comes out ways away from the MAF.

where do you get your boost reading? I am referencing from the FPRS line like have always done with a mech guage.

I have attached an updated datalog I did a few minutes ago. I am captured everything important in the pic at the top where it leans out. I saw full boost before I backed out. I went back and check my other datalogs and it is the same no matter if I richen up the MTF or not. So I am trying to figure out how to deal with the MAF flatlining... I went and checked the Base Fuel Table and it is commanding .790 on the tops. The transition is good. The spark table is good as far as I can see.

What am I missing???

Attachments

• Datalog 17 Oct.JPG
    Datalog 17 Oct.JPG
    93.4 KB · Views: 9

BruceH

BBB Big Bore Boss 322
Reaction score
I typed the wrong value. I meant to say that is 560 maf counts. Not the #/mins. I have it set around 99 @ 1023 counts right now but cannot get past 560 counts. My apologies for the confusion.

Could you tell me what the counts = in #min on your maf xfer or post a screen shot of the maf xfer?

one eyed willy

Pizzle fo shizzle
Reaction score
I'm guessing if you go back to your old tune the issue goes away? That should rule out anything mechanical.

What throttle position do you have set for going open loop?

Bullitt6301

forum member
Reaction score
I do not have my original tune anymore because my tuner crashed. Right now I believe my open loop is set at 300. But I am in forced open loop right now anyways.

So I went back to the VCT tables because that was an issue to start with and I was once in awhile getting DTC for P0021 P0011 which over overadvanced cam... So I went and made the tables all stock because I believe it was forcing more spark then the borderline table was asking for. I just drove the car around and I believe that it was way to much spark was my problem. The car responded a lot better and I got it up to 622 counts and full 9 psi before it leaned up and it slowly leaned. I think I am making progress. I also went ahead and made alot of corrections to the MAF on the curve line graph and I seem to be making improvements. More to follow.

Last edited:

Bullitt6301

forum member
Reaction score
So I think it am doing good. So I datalogged after changing the spark tables around and commanding good numbers. I datalogged a couple of good 4th gear pulls and I am seeing 1.10 load at full boost then it flatlines and the load slowly drop drops off. I am seeing the spark I am commanding at 1.10 then it drops off. So I have read the Don Lasota guide and followed his direction of locking spark on lower load to spot the drop then I lower my base fuel table to not drift lean. I made transfer function corrections to lean it up a bit because it was really rich. I will continue to datalog and see how it responds.

Attachments

• Datalog#2  17 Oct.JPG
    Datalog#2 17 Oct.JPG
    74.4 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:

Bullitt6301

forum member
Reaction score
So gentlemen, I got it all figured out with some awesome help from a good person on the forums and it is all responding like it should seeing full load and boost and rich as it should be. Thank you all for your suggestions and help.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back