Videos after 4r70w swap

n0nleft13

forum member
Reaction score
Looks nice Paul. Is there any way to download the clips from there? Is that flounder at the end of the second clip?

terry5357

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Very, Very nice man. Weight transfer looks perfect and the car looks to be "hooking up" from the jump. I AM ENVIOUS!!!!!!!! HOWEVER I AM HEADING IN THE WHIPPLE DIRECTION.

ALL IN ALL, GREAT JOB, CARS LOOKS AND SOUNDS GREAT, i KNOW YOU ARE QUITE HAPPY, NOW JUST BE CAREFUL AND TRY TO KEEP IT TOGETHER (THE MOTOR AND TRANNY I MEAN............LOL

PNR Welding

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Sounds good,you gotta work on that dial in Paul !

I would of won if I could of found the transbrake button. I just relocated it to the shifter handle. It was in the SOS cupholder pod, Very bad place to put it. Now I have it right on the shifter. I have a few more. Ill post one up now.

Born To Run

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Trans swap

I am picking up my car Fri pm from Lentech,i am going to the track on Sat,i can't wait,two more sleeps.I asked that the transbreak be on a tether cord for now.I will post my drive home results Fri night if time permits.We must race some day for pinks (meat) say prime rib ???

PNR Welding

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I am picking up my car Fri pm from Lentech,i am going to the track on Sat,i can't wait,two more sleeps.I asked that the transbreak be on a tether cord for now.I will post my drive home results Fri night if time permits.We must race some day for pinks (meat) say prime rib ???

Your gonna love it. Its alot more streetable than I thought it would be. Did you go with the street terminator plus? The one rated at 1000hp. Im goin back on Sunday to the track, with 14psi in the tires this time. Its the season finale of 12.0, 10.0, 8.50 and quick 8s indexes. So basically the track will be as prepped as its going to get.

canuck power

forum member
Reaction score
Do you miss the 5spd and how is the fun factor with the auto.
I need the auto but i will miss the stick

Born To Run

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Trans swap

Dam,car not ready,had some minor set backs.I did drive it,the horsepower dropped by 45 RWHP,belive it,we did before & after tests.We our going to re-tune the car.It runs very strong,shifting it is cool & fast as hell,streetability is very good,i did not drive it for long 5 min.The shifter is way cool,like nothing i have shifted before,when you salp the stick its like you just found another 100 HP,dropping you back to the ultimate torque band range.I did not use the transbreak it is on the stock tires.Yes i got the terminator + rated for 1000 BHP with a guarantee.I may not get to the track before they close for the year,weather is getting cold,wet snow & rain tonight,but will warm up next week.I will post more info when i get the car back next week.

canuck power

forum member
Reaction score
Is yours an AODE or AOD?
Sounds great i cant wait to get one and run it with my turbo

ChevyKiller

Preferred Internet Drink
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Dam,car not ready,had some minor set backs.I did drive it,the horsepower dropped by 45 RWHP,belive it,we did before & after tests.We our going to re-tune the car.It runs very strong,shifting it is cool & fast as hell,streetability is very good,i did not drive it for long 5 min.The shifter is way cool,like nothing i have shifted before,when you salp the stick its like you just found another 100 HP,dropping you back to the ultimate torque band range.I did not use the transbreak it is on the stock tires.Yes i got the terminator + rated for 1000 BHP with a guarantee.I may not get to the track before they close for the year,weather is getting cold,wet snow & rain tonight,but will warm up next week.I will post more info when i get the car back next week.

Forget dyno numbers once you have the 4r70 - they don't mean sqaut. Sure you lost some rwhp numbers but I bet you GAINED torque numbers. You are going to see the most loss on the dyno from a non-lock-up converter but have no fear. You'll be running faster than guys with 500 rwhp with 450 rwhp...:leghump:

On my set-up, I see about a whopping 90-100 less dyno rwhp than I would see with a manual cause I have no lock-up and no kickdown. But I have incredible torque curves also. Example - 586 rwhp and 689 ftq...:shock:

Remember torque wins races, rwhp looks pretty on the internet.

PNR Welding

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Forget dyno numbers once you have the 4r70 - they don't mean sqaut. Sure you lost some rwhp numbers but I bet you GAINED torque numbers. You are going to see the most loss on the dyno from a non-lock-up converter but have no fear. You'll be running faster than guys with 500 rwhp with 450 rwhp...:leghump:

On my set-up, I see about a whopping 90-100 less dyno rwhp than I would see with a manual cause I have no lock-up and no kickdown. But I have incredible torque curves also. Example - 586 rwhp and 689 ftq...:shock:

Im using that in my sig. Thanks

Born To Run

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Trans swap

You are 100% correct.i remember when i went from 8 psi pulley to the 10 psi pulley,the RWHP only went up by 15 but the TQ went up buy 30.Its funny my car dynoed 480 RWHP on a 'dynojet',but @ Lentech on a "Mustang" dyno it dynoed 430 before the trans swap.After the trans swap without changing the tune it dynoed 386 RWHP,i did not get the TQ #s cause i started flipping out a little.The car is not done complety so i took a deep breath,test drove & was impressed,but man i want to go to a track when its done to prove all the uncertainty.I was running 11.68 ET @ 120 MPH granny shifting,this better be better.What would you guess my et's to be & MPH now ??

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back