well i did it, the 08 GT is gone, and i will miss her, the replacement'S arent bad...

SLOPONY

Gotta love Stangs
Reaction score
I delivered my 08 Vapor silver GT to her new owner tonight, and i'm not sad. I will definitely miss that car a lot, but my mustang adventure is not over by any means.

I have replaced it with TWO mustang mach 1's. One is an original 1969 Mach 1 with a built 351 stroker, and N20. The car is fully built and caged. Its previous owner laid down a best run of a 10.51, and the car was driven to the track!

The other one is a BEAUTIFUL Torched red 2003 Mach 1. It has a little over 37K on the odometer, and it is also FULLY built. I dont have the complete mod list, or the car yet, but i am picking it up in a few hours after i nap. The car does need a new short block, as the one thats in it now has a lower end knock, and filings in the pan. That being said, its procharged with a D-1 making 14 psi of boost. It has/had a built short block, ported heads, cams, full exhaust, TKO-600, and on and on and on. The car made 638 RWHP before the bottom end let go. As i understand the motor was from a not so hot internet company, and will be replaced with a nice new aluminator this winter.

Here is the 69
IMG_0022S.jpg

SLOPONY

Gotta love Stangs
Reaction score
I'm going to pos some pics of both in a few hours in the photo section! I'm pretty happy, and feel that we both got what we wanted out of the deal!

I'll keep posting with the progress!

ZmanM3

The Evil One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Sweet 69, I always loved that body style. It sounds like it is a real beast.

Rasmus

forum member
Reaction score
Oh yeah, I'd replace my 06 with a 69 and an 03 Mach 1 in a heartbeat. Congrats.

DraggnRoush

Jimi Hendrix Blues
Reaction score
OMFG I'm DROOOLING... what a beautiful 1969 Mach 1 - I'm SO jealous!

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
congrats, very nice swap indeed

SLOPONY

Gotta love Stangs
Reaction score
Thanks for the compliments. I'm really happy with the deal. Even though the 03 needs a short block, it's still a very well built car and it has absolutely ALL the goodies. I will try and get pics up tomorrow.

US-1

Banned
Reaction score
Thanks for the compliments. I'm really happy with the deal. Even though the 03 needs a short block, it's still a very well built car and it has absolutely ALL the goodies. I will try and get pics up tomorrow.

Congratulations on the deal. I'm jealous as hell!!!! That '69 is outstanding. Let me know when you get ready for a shortblock for the '03.

Dr Detail

Reaction score
Very nice. 69-70 Mach's are my favorite cars.

I had a 70 years ago and I kick myself for getting rid of it. I grew tried of the small block that was in my car and retro fitted a 429 into that small engine bay. Required some crazy looking headers, boss 429 mounts and an oil filter angle adapter.

SLOPONY

Gotta love Stangs
Reaction score
The 69-70 fast backs are really the only early stangs I like. I never imagined myself in a position to own one, especially a nicely built one that runs mid 10's!

Natural1

all around duguder
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I love the drag radials mounted on Magnum 500 wheels. That's killer!
My dad's looks identical! If it wasn't for the chin spoiler and rear wing, I'd have to go make sure his was still at the house. Nice ride!!

Back