Whiteline KDT928 MT82 Transmission Bushing Insert Tested. Reviews/Tips & Tricks

csamsh

forum member
Reaction score
I don't mean to put words in your mouth Jason, but you guys do stuff with Mustangs differently from from what most other people are.

Vin302

forum member
Reaction score
We've installed one in our own car and a few in customer cars and while there is more vibration than stock, there's not enough to complain about it. I feel the amount of vibration is acceptable for a street car.

While we do make competition parts, we realize that the majority of our customers have dual purpose cars and do put a lot of street mileage on them. Most of our catalog is built to that end - parts that can work in a dual-duty car. We do have race-only parts (nylon motor mounts) and will make sure that any customer buying them knows that they are not for street use.

You have struck my curiosity. Where are the nylon mounts. My car is street/strip. NVH does not bother me. Everytime I bring my car into work my boss says "what are you adding now go fast or make vibrate."

But back to topic. I put in the insert today. Absolutely love it. Vibration is tolerable. More upside then downside.

modernbeat

Jason McDaniel @ Vorshlag
Official Vendor
Reaction score
I don't mean to put words in your mouth Jason, but you guys do stuff with Mustangs differently from from what most other people are.

Like our built-for-the-street car? The 2013? Good shocks with street spring rates, wheels with real-world tires, rear relocation brackets and it's still a ball on the track or ready for date night in the town.

Just because we occasionally build them hairy doesn't mean we don't know what's tolerable on the street. :beerchug2:

_DSF6052-M.jpg

Barefoot5.0

Reaction score
I can see where people get the complaints on the vibrations. I have mine as a dd and occasionally the vibrations get annoying but I have taken it to the strip and the help is way ahead of the hurt. The 2nd to 3rd up shift is so much easier through Street and strip. When I looked up the part all it said was helps with the misshift and stiffens the bushing which it did. Vorshlaq's review was spot on and sold me to the part. Also for the people who expected the Holy grail of upgrades, a 40$ part curing all aspects of the mt-82 while maintaining dd comfort, I'm sorry your disappointed but this is great for the money.
+1 for whiteline

If I had an extra bushing I would cut it and test it but seeing what I have is my only one I don't wanna risk ruining it

Len

Reaction score
I can see where people get the complaints on the vibrations. I have mine as a dd and occasionally the vibrations get annoying but I have taken it to the strip and the help is way ahead of the hurt. The 2nd to 3rd up shift is so much easier through Street and strip. When I looked up the part all it said was helps with the misshift and stiffens the bushing which it did. Vorshlaq's review was spot on and sold me to the part. Also for the people who expected the Holy grail of upgrades, a 40$ part curing all aspects of the mt-82 while maintaining dd comfort, I'm sorry your disappointed but this is great for the money.
+1 for whiteline

If I had an extra bushing I would cut it and test it but seeing what I have is my only one I don't wanna risk ruining it

Do you have any other modifications to your shifter? I'm curious if it makes much of a difference if a shifter bracket has already been installed.

Nick@JDM

Official Vendor
Reaction score
Do you have any other modifications to your shifter? I'm curious if it makes much of a difference if a shifter bracket has already been installed.

I have one on mine. I don't think it really makes a difference in helping shifting issues. An after market bracket will help some cars more than others also. I have noticed that some cars have a very loose shifter (side to side movement) and others are just fine with the stock unit. Mine was pretty tight always so a bracket helped very little with anything.

IMO I would not add a bracket without adding the Whiteline bushing or part of it as in my case.

My theory on this:
If you tighten up the top part of the shifter mount it will not let the assembly move with the transmission under torque. This can possibly worsen any shifting issues. Adding both together will stiffen up both mounting locations keeping them more in sync.

Heck, maybe people are having problems hitting shifts because of only having an aftermarket shifter/bracket and nothing on the trans side...There has to be a reason for that half-engineered stock bracket..right?

Barefoot5.0

Reaction score
I have the Barton short throw and bracket.if I would have gotten the Whiteline first I might not have gotten the bracket. I noticed my biggest difference in helping the 2-3 shift with the bushing.

NoSlo5oH

forum member
Reaction score
How many end users are installing the bushing from the front side of the transmission mount and how many are installing it from the rear? It appears that Vorslag is installing them from the rear and Whiteline from the front. I was just wondering if one way or the other affects the NVH?

NoSlo5oH

forum member
Reaction score
What site sponsors actually have the black colored bushings in stock right now? I have one on order already, but I am considering buying a second to modify.

Barefoot5.0

Reaction score
There are few and far between that have them in stock, but you install from the front. The view from the rear on Vorshlaq I believe is just for visual aid. The front of the cross member has a lip that keeps the bushing in.

csamsh

forum member
Reaction score
Like our built-for-the-street car? The 2013? Good shocks with street spring rates, wheels with real-world tires, rear relocation brackets and it's still a ball on the track or ready for date night in the town.

Just because we occasionally build them hairy doesn't mean we don't know what's tolerable on the street. :beerchug2:

_DSF6052-M.jpg

Ha, no not what I meant. I meant that you build Mustangs that go around corners!

Vin302

forum member
Reaction score
Put some actual testing to it last night. It stiffens up the shifting alot. 2-3 is perfect now. My car sometimes would give issues with 2-3 hasn't happened and I must have done the shift close to 100 times last night. So the extra little vibration is totally worth it.

2013MustangGT

Budget Boss
Reaction score
I had mine installed by the guys at Vorshlag. I know, not that hard to install. It's hot here in Texas and I didn't feel like crawling under the car when it has been hovering around 100 F. Can't wait to see how it does this weekend at the track.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back