Why i hate street racing

Johnf78

forum member
Reaction score
I dont know about your guys area, but racetracks are hard to find and when you do go out of the way to "take it to the track" the poopoo is there to F with you $$$

as bad as cali roads are racing on them is crazy. Just wish there would be more little places too race and not have a swam of police pulling people over for little shit.

They do that around here. State police set up a road block a mile before the track last year. Not to mention the local cops have a field day with the cars headed to and from the track. Really B.S. If you ask me. It discourages people from going.

D1984

forum member
Reaction score
I dont know about your guys area, but racetracks are hard to find and when you do go out of the way to "take it to the track" the poopoo is there to F with you $$$

as bad as cali roads are racing on them is crazy. Just wish there would be more little places too race and not have a swam of police pulling people over for little shit.

go to infineon

johnnyv8

S197 Team Member
Reaction score

That is true, however, people are dum and do dum things leaving the track. I remember this Jeep SRT that I raced at the track tried racing me at a red light right after we left. Thank god, I knew better and stayed completely still when the light turned green and watched a cop out of none where snatch him.

5.0 Probie

forum member
Reaction score
They do that around here. State police set up a road block a mile before the track last year. Not to mention the local cops have a field day with the cars headed to and from the track. Really B.S. If you ask me. It discourages people from going.

That does not happen around my neck of the woods. Taking it to the track is encouraged here. Fact is, you are likely going to race against an officer at some point in the day as they bring their toys out to play. They are no different They too enjoy "Fun time"...

Boaisy

Dark Knight
Reaction score
In Memphis they introduced "Street Warz" I believe last year. It was a collaboration effort with the PD, local racers, and the track to help eliminate street racing. Instead of using the tree, they do arm drops. There are no times, no track prep, and no water boxes. Any kind of tire is allowed, but they do not allow cars with parachutes or wheelie bars. They try to keep it as close to a "regular car" as possible. It is $20 to run, and they run from 9pm to 1am with "Call Outs" in the final hour. Call outs have a "flashlight" start instead of the arm drop.

There are still quite a handful of idiots who meet up at a 24-hour AutoZone and run off to do street races. There is a small group of Mustang owners that will meet up at the AutoZone, place bets, and then run off to street race. They think they are the shit, but after visiting that place ONCE, I swore to never go back. A bunch of idiots who either didn't pay for the shit they are driving, or are just plain retarded.

A couple weekends ago, during one of the AutoZone meets, there was a car doing donuts in the parking lot. He ended up losing control of his car, running into 2-3 other cars, and apparently the driver had hit a couple people while he was at it. The police had a warrant out for the driver's arrest since he fled the scene shortly after. The weekend before that had happened, an SUV was flipped by a car who just bolted out of the parking lot without looking.

EDIT: Not sure if anyone can see this, but here is a video of the guy doing the donuts - https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=720480128066786

Last edited:

loots06

forum member
Reaction score
In my area, a couple decided to race each other on home in their cars. The woman approximately 23 years, old lost control of her Mustang and hit a sound wall. Her car rolled a few times, needless to say she died as a result of head trauma. The POS boyfriend lied through his teeth about what happened. I still pass that cross on the side of the road on my way into work.

Last edited:

Pentalab

forum member
Reaction score
If you hit anything stationary.....140 mph is quadruple the kinetic energy of 70 mph. With utility poles, trees, ditches, road signs, concrete dividers, debris on the road, deer, animals, other vehicles... parked or moving, street racing is dicey at best...and completely stupid at night.

If you total or damage your car at your local drag strip, are you covered by insurance?

Boaisy

Dark Knight
Reaction score
If you hit anything stationary.....140 mph is quadruple the kinetic energy of 70 mph. With utility poles, trees, ditches, road signs, concrete dividers, debris on the road, deer, animals, other vehicles... parked or moving, street racing is dicey at best...and completely stupid at night.

If you total or damage your car at your local drag strip, are you covered by insurance?

You would have to get track insurance.

BleedinBlue

forum member
Reaction score
That does not happen around my neck of the woods. Taking it to the track is encouraged here. Fact is, you are likely going to race against an officer at some point in the day as they bring their toys out to play. They are no different They too enjoy "Fun time"...

:thumb2:

Murdamarshall

forum member
Reaction score

I was a the local track one night and my buddys 5.0 raced a guy in a brand new off the lot 370Z. The 5.0 smoked him then made a U turn into the return lane. The 370Z hit a U turn right after and he crashed right dab into the middle of the concrete barrier that separates the return lane and the track. We asked the 370Z driver about it later and he says it shut off on him at 10-15 mph and he could not get it started again.

370Z driver was almost crying. There was definitely frame damage and possibly a total loss, the radiator was crushed into the motor. To top it off, there is no way in hell that the insurance will cover his fun time at the track.

After the race, I asked my buddy in the 5.0 "Hey did you see what that 370Z did?" He said "Hell yeah, I smoked that ass" When I told him he crashed he jumped out of his mustang to witness the accident. You could hear the track official on the announcement tell everyone " Hey guys save the texting and driving for when your car is parked. Dont be a dumbass out here on the track"

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back