Wiring questions.

05Redfire

Reaction score
OK so after searching I am probably more confused that ever... BUT from what I read with a factory Shaker 500, when I want to change the head unit and retain all the factory speakers without adding anything else...

I need this Harness .
And to do this resistor mod.
And get a RCA 'Y' adapter: 2 male to 1 female (and only use the white output from the harness.)

And then its just like installing a stereo in any other car....right?

Just want to make sure before I order everything. I am trying to avoid ordering a 130$ module.

BTW the info I got came from Tacobill in THIS thread. I am not using a Alpine but a Pioneer and just wanted to be sure I had the main parts right.

bigwilly43729

I do stupid shit, a lot
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Yep. Run those RCA's to your headunit and it's all good. Make sure you plug it into the SUB output of the HU though. The Pioneer unit likely will have a 3rd output; that would be the one you would use for this application.

scramblr

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Taco Bill stated he did not use the RCA Y adaptor and just plugged the RCA plugs to the head unit and it worked...just like on a Shaker 1000. I need to put the small harness in and I should be GTG.

05Redfire

Reaction score
Taco Bill stated he did not use the RCA Y adaptor and just plugged the RCA plugs to the head unit and it worked...just like on a Shaker 1000. I need to put the small harness in and I should be GTG.

I do not see where this was stated, though admittedly I did not read past page one with the install. (Was skim reading after the search) I thought you only use the Y-adapter with a 500 system (which I have) plug the female to the white lead and then the male ends of the adapter both get plugged into the radio...

Did I read it wrong or was that stated somewhere in the next 6 pages?

BadHabit2Break

forum member
Reaction score
The Shaker 500 & 1000, for some reason, need 2 different sub input types.

The Shaker needs the Y adapter and should plug into the white RCA on the Metra Harness. Both the other ends plug into the SUB out on your HU.

The Shaker 1000 you just connect the SUB RCA to the Metra RCA.

It is stated in the write up. Believe me, I read it ALOT before doing mine.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back