Workshop Manuals

TurboX

Formally Buzz Lightyear
Reaction score
Louie,

I am just passing this info on as it was relayed to me by Apple. I spoke to a Tech last week who really seemed to know his shit.

According to him, the code or whatever does not indicate what program to use to open the file. I believe he said that you must put something about using adobe and then Apple will know what to use to open it.

Since Snow Leopard 10.6.7, Apple has not used Adobe. This is the reason that when you go to the Adobe site, it doesn't say it supports Lion or anything about 10.6.7. Ever since 10.6.8, Apple uses Preview to open pdf files.

If you are interested in the fix, I have the guys email. He said he would be more than happy to help with whatever needed to be corrected. The bad part is, our offices are closed until Jan 5th and I left it there.

Thank you for the manuals you have provided, I gladly donated to Paypal and the manuals have been of great use in the past. I have found a way of getting around this issue, I pulled out a Old POS PC :)

Ingwe

Sun, Sea, Sand and Camels
Reaction score
Thanks Louie, You da man.

Think i'll be waiting till everyone leaves the office before i print this one off! :D

Reaction score
Please let us know the outcome. These seem like very good manuals that I would like to view.

G.T

Reaction score
Since Snow Leopard 10.6.7, Apple has not used Adobe. This is the reason that when you go to the Adobe site, it doesn't say it supports Lion or anything about 10.6.7. Ever since 10.6.8, Apple uses Preview to open pdf files.

If you are interested in the fix, I have the guys email. He said he would be more than happy to help with whatever needed to be corrected. The bad part is, our offices are closed until Jan 5th and I left it there.

Thank you for the manuals you have provided, I gladly donated to Paypal and the manuals have been of great use in the past. I have found a way of getting around this issue, I pulled out a Old POS PC :)

Thanks for the kind words... i just got done resolving a PayPal dispute where someone made a donation and disputed it within 3 minutes claiming a "Significantly Not as Described" case because he couldn't view the pages :(

i did some research that led me here and here

and i added a "type" parameter to the embed tag hoping this makes a difference..
please check and let me know, also please try Google Chrome, many reported it to work just fine with the later OSX updates

TurboX

Formally Buzz Lightyear
Reaction score
Apple just called me to ask if you did something to the web page because they were not able to view it. Kudos to them on the continued follow up but even more thanks to you for making this accessible to those of us with Apples. It still isn't viewable with Firefox on a Mac but I can view it with Safari.

Thanks again

G.T

Reaction score
Great to know that it works on Safari now.. I wonder what's the deal with FireFox and whether chrome works (chrome usually does as it keeps a separate set of plugins)

08StangGT_CS

forum member
Reaction score
I can "print" them with Adobe Acrobat Professional if anyone needs them. I'd have to go one by one though so it'll take me a while.

yellowrubiu

Reaction score
Great to know that it works on Safari now.. I wonder what's the deal with FireFox and whether chrome works (chrome usually does as it keeps a separate set of plugins)

I'm running Lion 10.7.2 and I am able to open the files with Safari (5.1.2 (7534.52.7)) and Chrome (16.0.912.63), stil no dice with FireFox.

snakebit05

forum member
Reaction score
thank you this should help me alot if i ever do get around to doing a new 5.0 swap down the road and help to fix what ever may come up in between then

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back