Yet another ring and pinion install question

suleman09

Sully's Stang10
Reaction score
Hey everyone,
i have yet another question about my install of my gears. Now the stock bearings and races, do i HAVE to replace them with new ones or can i just use my stock ones?
(i just wanna see if i can save my $50 for something else)
the stock gears have 25k miles on them.

Last edited:

suleman09

Sully's Stang10
Reaction score
help me out here!!!!!

ALSO
anyone know anyone in the northern VA area or close enough where they do fairly priced tuning?

3vs197

forum member
Reaction score
you don't have to replace them...as long as you don't ruin the cage pressing them off you can re use them. I reused mine when i did my install at 25k.

TexasBlownV8

Formerly TexasBlownV6
Reaction score
You dont need a custom tune, but your gear ratio will be off without changing it, which if you already have a tune, you can simply change the gear ratio when reloading the tune.

The only bearings I'd consider re-using are the carrier bearings, and only if you dont pull them off the carrier. For pinion bearings, replace both of them, and the races. You can get them separately if you need to.
There's doing it cheap, then there's doing right.

me32

forum member
Reaction score
You dont need a custom tune, but your gear ratio will be off without changing it, which if you already have a tune, you can simply change the gear ratio when reloading the tune.

The only bearings I'd consider re-using are the carrier bearings, and only if you dont pull them off the carrier. For pinion bearings, replace both of them, and the races. You can get them separately if you need to.
There's doing it cheap, then there's doing right.

sorry to hi jack, but damn thats a fast V6 you got there

R7r5

NEEDS MORE BOOST!!!!
Reaction score
I would replace them much easier first time around. Plus I took mine off ground down the inner race on the old ones to setup the new shims.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back