Will these wheels fit as a drag wheel option? Wheel experts in here pelase

S

swoosh-stang

Guys, I'm looking to do something like this also. Who makes the swaybar relocate kit?

Hokiestang89

Habitual Linestepper
Reaction score
Maybe try checking into these, im going to get a set for my fox body,the site lists the b/space as coming in 1-1/2 increments and they appear to have a load of caliper clearance plus they look bad ass, jegs newest catalog has them listed and they average around $230.00 a wheel, might be worth checking into
http://www.billetspecialties.com/item.asp?cid=16&scid=251&pid=940&rdir=1

0000000940-prod.jpg

S

swoosh-stang

Can we get a 15 on the front if it has almost no backspacing?

I was looking at those billet specialties 15x4 with like 1.375 backspacing.

Man I want to see what big and littles look like on my car.

Enitalp

The lost guy.
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Ok Bogart seems very expensive. Why don't you go Holeshot and make them.

It's not that much.

I paid :
999$ For my two wheel (including 200$ for the blue powder coating).
49.90 for the 10 noix.
99.90 for the spacer matching the color and the shape of my wheel.

This is for 15x10.

And remember i count in canadian dollar. At this time the us$ was stronger than the canadian one (remember this good all time). And i paid import tax on it.

teasing.jpg

Spacer.jpg

PS : here is one of my first email when i contacted them :

Christian,
Thank you for your interest in Holeshot Wheels. You should be able to fit our 15x8 wheel (with a spacer to clear the caliper) on your '05 Mustang. The wheel is $310.50 and the spacer is $30.00. This should fit without relocating the swaybar. Please let me know if you have any questions.
Regards,
John Leisenring
Holeshot Wheels
1-800-372-4533

Last edited:
S

swoosh-stang

Does anyone know if you can get a 15x4 wheel on the front?

What BS is required and etc.

TexStang

Reaction score
I honestly don't see how a 15" rim clears the front brakes...I know with my stock 17's and 18's there is not much clearance from the spoke to the caliper, and even from the internal circumference of the wheel to the caliper...I would think that a 15 wouldn't even fit over the brakes...but I don't know, and people do it so there is a way.

cekim

Large Member
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I honestly don't see how a 15" rim clears the front brakes...I know with my stock 17's and 18's there is not much clearance from the spoke to the caliper, and even from the internal circumference of the wheel to the caliper...I would think that a 15 wouldn't even fit over the brakes...but I don't know, and people do it so there is a way.
I have Bogart 15x4's on the front - no issue with clearance.

BS is 4 1/2. With 28" tires, they balloon at enough that I'd want to have them a little further under the wheel well... With 26" tires they are just right...

On the rear, same BS 15x10's are just right (with a 28" or 26" slick - I would not change that one), but any 15x9 or 15x10 is going to need the sway moved. Unless the backspace is such that it sticks out of the fender quite a bit.

S

swoosh-stang

Cekim,

You have 15x4 wheels with 4 1/2" backspacing? How is that even possible?

Or is the 4 1/2 on the rears?

Can someone post up pics of their 15" wheels on the front?

DONTLIKEYOU

forum member
Reaction score
15'S FIT the front with a little grinding on the caliper.........15x10's with a 7inch BS is perfect mine are 6.5 and you HAVE to do a brake converstion kit unless you buy Bogarts............I went threw all of this see pics below

S

swoosh-stang

15'S FIT the front with a little grinding on the caliper.........15x10's with a 7inch BS is perfect mine are 6.5 and you HAVE to do a brake converstion kit unless you buy Bogarts............I went threw all of this see pics below

I don't mean to be a pain, but can you post a picture of what you had to do to the front.

Does anyone make a drag wheel where they have a matching 17x4 in front and a 15x10 for the back that is reasonably priced? (reasonable to me is less than $300 per wheel)

cekim

Large Member
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Cekim,

You have 15x4 wheels with 4 1/2" backspacing? How is that even possible?

Or is the 4 1/2 on the rears?

Can someone post up pics of their 15" wheels on the front?
Oops - sorry - I was thinking about the rears (man, this thread got me at the start too - must be some cryptonite in here?) - I don't recall the BS on the front's and I can't get to them at the moment to measure...

They are whatever Bogart does by default for the S197 I can check tomorrow and post it...

Again, no caliper issues (or grinding) at all front or back with them, they are not cheap though...

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back