2008 "tigermachine II" Bullitt Mustang build, Pics & Video on Post #518 ...

tigerhonaker

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Indeed. Especially in my area (Minnesota) where we park our 'fun' cars for 5 months in the wintertime.

Man you do live where the winter is severe.

Here is a close-up picture of the center JMLab Utopia speaker & Stand.

It is one awesome speaker buddy.

Type 3-way bass-reflex center speaker. Finish
Avant Garde, Classic et Signature.
Drivers 10"(25cm) "W" woofer. 2x6 1/2"(16.5cm) "W" Power Flower midranges. 1"(25mm) TBU pure Beryllium inverted dome tweeter.
Frequency response (+or-3dB) 45Hz - 40kHz Low frequency point 35Hz Sensitivity (2,83 V/1 m) 90dB Nominal impedance
8 Ohms Minimum impedance 3.4 Ohms Crossover frequency
250Hz / 2 500Hz Recommended amplifier power 40 - 500W
Dimensions (HxWxD) 113/4x275/8x171/2
Net weight 85.9Ibs (39kg)

839.jpg

Last edited:

tigerhonaker

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Hello guys,

Well just got a few pictures sent to my cell from Joe (Manager) at Discount Tire.

He said since you can't come and get these with it raining here are a few pictures for you.
tango_face_smile.png

tigerhonaker

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Today was the day for New tires finally ...

Hi Gang,

Well finally the weather was where I could take the Bullitt to Discount Tire this afternoon.

The manager called and said why don't we try for 3:30 pm today.
I'll give you a call if anything comes up by I think that's gonna work.
Did not get a call back from him so drove on over and got there around 3:30 pm.

They jumped right on the Bullitt as soon as they had me pull it in a bay.
I will say this about Discount Tire those guys don't mess around.
Their very careful with mine but they don't play around they are taking care of business.

I took some pictures of them doing their thing.
They also replaced that driver's side front Mickey Thompson Wheel I messed up pulling in Bank-of-America drive through.

At one point there was three (3) of them doing different things on mine.
One was taking the existing M/T tires off.
Another was balancing.
And another was mounting and torquing them on the car.

Lets see what can I say about driving home with them ???
They are Super Smooth even though they are some very large tires (315/35-20" rears).
But driving with them you would not know there size at all.
They also were really smooth going over the interstate joints etc.
Pretty impressive in regards to smoothness.

On the down ramp I got up to like 90 MPH merging onto the interstate.

I will have to hook up the SCT Tuner and reset the 724 RPM (Revolution Per-Mile).
I had my GPS on so it showed me my true speed and it is off a little from the M/T 305/35-20" tires versus the Conti 315/35-20".

I'm glad I got the call from them today as the weather forecast for here is going to suck again.

Oh the rear tires are BIG !!!
They look Bad-Ass when looking from behind the rear.

Okay here are the pictures.

Terry

Pentalab

forum member
Reaction score
Terry, what width rims are u using for your 315 rear / 245 front combo ?
That's a huge 70mm stagger. With that much stagger, I would be concerned about understeer.

tigerhonaker

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Terry, what width rims are u using for your 315 rear / 245 front combo ?
That's a huge 70mm stagger. With that much stagger, I would be concerned about understeer.

Jim,

I'm running the Mickey Thompson SC-5 wheels.

Rears are 10.5" wide and the fronts are 9" wide.

No-Worries on the sizes front and rear I don't do the High-Speed curvy road thing.

I ran this staggered set-up for years and had no problems.
Just had to pay close attention to my driving ..............

T.

Last edited:

tigerhonaker

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Got the SCT Tuner out and made the new change setting for the DWS06 tires ...

Hello crew,

Well had to wait until today to get the SCT Tuner out and make the call to Brenspeed.
Called George and he walked me right through the settings on the New SCT Tuner I purchased last time mine was at their shop.
Actually I think I like the way this newer tuner's messages are in the display better than the older model.
It's pretty darn straight forward ..........

Also had to put the charger on the battery to load the new change in it.
The display said my battery was low and needed charging 1st.
So got the charger out and put it on a slow charge for like a few hours total.
It showed Zero on the battery Display afterwards and then I UN-Hooked it.
The Bullitt has been sitting for a long time and very few miles driven with it so the battery was low for sure.

Below are some pics I think you might like seeing of the New SCT Tuner Display doing it's thing.

Notice in the next few pictures how the RED goes from the Bottom to the Top as it completes it's function.

This next picture shows the New 725 (Revs-Per-Mile) setting I just set.

And this is what the SCT Tuner shows when it's completed loading the change.

Now if the weather will improve I can take it out and see what I think of the new DWS06 tires ...........

Terry

GT E UPP

forum member
Reaction score
Hey Terry... just curious, and sorry if I missed it.....
What was the reason for your new tuner ?
I still have my SCT X2 and was just wondering if I will have to
upgrade to the X4 one day.
Frank

Last edited:

tigerhonaker

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Why is the battery box on the left side of the car?

I ordered mine with the optional Shaker 1000 Sound System see below pics,

Hey Terry... just curious, and sorry if I missed it.....
What was the reason for your new tuner ?
I still have my SCT X2 and was just wondering if I will have to
upgrade to the X4 one day.
Frank

Frank,

I'm doing this from memory now and honestly as I sit here and think back to what Brent told me I don't recall exactly what he said.
Seems like it was something to do with the older model and loading the new tunes in it.
Sometimes it would work okay and then other times it would not.
So I told Brent screw that buddy just switch over to the newest SCT Tuner.
So, to answer your questions exactly I cannot do that.
In my case I figured with the money I had spent what the heck was the price of a new tuner to just make darn sure it was safe.

I suppose if a person was not constantly changing tunes and SCT was still supporting their older model then why change.

Maybe the support from SCT had also something to do with why Brent suggested I up-grade to the new model.

Also as I recall you can load I think 6-custom tunes in the newer model versus 3-custom tunes in the older model.

Sorry I can't be more help on this but I don't want to mislead you either.

Terry

GT E UPP

forum member
Reaction score
Thanks Terry, yah I'm hearing that SCT may no longer be supporting their older X2 tuners and was just wondering if that was the case for you. I will soon find out I guess as I have a custom Dyno tune session scheduled for April at Steeda here in Canada who have been doing all my work for the past 8 years. US $ pricing is a killer for us at the moment, but you know the old saying...you gotta do, what you gotta do ! So,i'm going to see if I can safely squeeze a little more out of my HotRod. Keep well. Frank

retfr8flyr

The Old One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I upgraded because I was told SCT would no longer support the X2. If you don't care about upgrades, I don't see why you couldn't keep using the X2. I also have the Racers package, so upgrades are important to me.

tigerhonaker

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Thanks Terry, yah I'm hearing that SCT may no longer be supporting their older X2 tuners and was just wondering if that was the case for you. I will soon find out I guess as I have a custom Dyno tune session scheduled for April at Steeda here in Canada who have been doing all my work for the past 8 years. US $ pricing is a killer for us at the moment, but you know the old saying...you gotta do, what you gotta do ! So,i'm going to see if I can safely squeeze a little more out of my HotRod. Keep well. Frank

Frank,

The more I gave this thought that was the main reason for the Up-Grade on the SCT Tuner.
(No further Support from SCT on the older tuner)

I think most of us are always wanting to Squeeze a little more POWER buddy. :clap:

I upgraded because I was told SCT would no longer support the X2. If you don't care about upgrades, I don't see why you couldn't keep using the X2. I also have the Racers package, so upgrades are important to me.

Earl,

Yes no more support from SCT was the main reason Brent told me to switch to the newest SCT Tuner.

Terry

tigerhonaker

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Hi Gang,

Well finally the weather was where I could take the Bullitt to Discount Tire this afternoon.

The manager called and said why don't we try for 3:30 pm today.
I'll give you a call if anything comes up by I think that's gonna work.
Did not get a call back from him so drove on over and got there around 3:30 pm.

They jumped right on the Bullitt as soon as they had me pull it in a bay.
I will say this about Discount Tire those guys don't mess around.
Their very careful with mine but they don't play around they are taking care of business.

I took some pictures of them doing their thing.
They also replaced that driver's side front Mickey Thompson Wheel I messed up pulling in Bank-of-America drive through.

At one point there was three (3) of them doing different things on mine.
One was taking the existing M/T tires off.
Another was balancing.
And another was mounting and torquing them on the car.

Lets see what can I say about driving home with them ???
They are Super Smooth even though they are some very large tires (315/35-20" rears).
But driving with them you would not know there size at all.
They also were really smooth going over the interstate joints etc.
Pretty impressive in regards to smoothness.

On the down ramp I got up to like 90 MPH merging onto the interstate.

I will have to hook up the SCT Tuner and reset the 724 RPM (Revolution Per-Mile).
I had my GPS on so it showed me my true speed and it is off a little from the M/T 305/35-20" tires versus the Conti 315/35-20".

I'm glad I got the call from them today as the weather forecast for here is going to suck again.

Oh the rear tires are BIG !!!
They look Bad-Ass when looking from behind the rear.

Okay here are the pictures.

Terry

Guys,

I took the Bullitt out this afternoon running local errands to see how those DWS06 tires would do.
Temperature was 36-Degrees so the roads were cold and what I wanted.
It does darn good for those wanting to know.

Driving normal it does perfect.
Getting into the throttle some it still does okay.
Putting your foot into it pretty aggressive it does instantly brake the rear tires loose in the lower gears.
Get way into the gas and the tires break loose but the car does not go all over the place.
I did go down an interstate ramp on the way home and got into it pretty darn hard and the tires broke loose on concrete.
As it shifted into 3rd I punched it and it really bit hard and accelerated strongly.
I quickly saw at a quick glance the tach went to 6,500 under WOT in 3rd gear and it was hauling ass !!!

Bottom-Line guys, these tires are an improvement over the all summer M/T Street Comp tires for traction in colder road conditions IMO.

I still don't have but maybe 15-20 miles on them so obviously they are not broke in yet.

Even though that is the case I can tell they are a better tire for colder road conditions.

Tire pressures are, 34-Rears & 36 Fronts.

Terry

Last edited:

tigerhonaker

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Hi,

For those interested I took the car out on Saturday for further tire testing.

I took it out yesterday and went to see and hang-out with Bobby.
He lives North of Nashville and that is like an hour drive from my house.
I went by his house and we went and ate a Huge Country Breakfast.
tango_face_smile.png

It was really-really good to a guy that simply no-longer does that.
I totally enjoyed that breakfast !!!

We also went by Bobby's former trucking company as the Manager of the Shop is a car guy.
So Bobby wanted to drop by and say Hello and also let the fellow check out the Bullitt.
Yes, that guy liked all aspects of the Bullitt.
tango_face_wink.png

We drove around some and below is what did take place in regards to the new DWS06 tires.
(That's what your more interested in I'm sure than me having & liking that (Huge-Country-Breakfast).

Let me think how to tell this story ...........

I drove roughly 150 miles on Saturday.
The temperatures outside ranged from Low 20's to 30's for the day.
That's ^^^ one of the reasons I wanted to take the car out plus obviously seeing a buddy.
I tried the tires out from Mild Acceleration from stops to rolling to 3rd gear WOT.

(1) From stops through the day there is now No-Doubt these tires are far superior to the M/T Street Comps.
Can I brake them loose from a stop ???
Yes, instantly obviously .........
But I also found out I can actually take off from stops with getting pretty aggressive with the throttle.
And I'm referring to doing this over and over and over yesterday.
So they definitely have more Grip/Traction even under mine !!!

(2) While moving and getting into the throttle pretty darn hard it will NOW push you back in the seat.
Did that many-many times also yesterday.
Once again of course you can't floor the gas guys as it would break the tires loose instantly.
I'm trying to say given restraint and getting onto the gas while moving it will certainly have traction that it did not have before.
We tried it rolling along on two lane roads over and over and jumping on the gas and it would take-off and push you in the seat.

(3) While running like say 55-60 mph I jumped on the gas and it down-shifted and took off hard.
It would however break the tires loose pretty bad if I did that flooring it.
Not the easiest thing to say to be honest on here with text.
It simply did not go sideways or get all out of control when rolling at say 60 MPH and making it downshift to like 3rd gear.
I did not hold it Wide-Open guys when it went down to 3rd as it accelerates so fast and shifts so fast it just gets to Hairy to Quick.
So I'm saying, no I could not feel comfortable holding it to the floor under WOT and it in 3rd gear and then shifting into 4th gear under WOT (Wide-Open-Throttle).
Keep in mind guys this was a day in the 20's and low 30's temperature wise.

I'm sitting here thinking what I would want to know if I was reading this .........

I do think I made the right decision on replacing the All-Summer-M/T tires with the A/S Continental DWS06 tires.

They are IMO much safer for sure in cold conditions.

Also, if they have this much traction when cold outside they will certainly improve when the winter conditions are gone and spring then summer is here.

I will send a text to Bobby and see if he wants to make any comments from riding in the Bullitt yesterday.
He might do that If I ask him nicely as he is so BUSY with his new job he no-longer post on Mustang Internet Sites even this one.
And yes guys he still has his Supercharged Bullitt Mustang.
tango_face_smile.png

Terry
[/FONT]
[/FONT]

JimC

Reaction score
Hey Terry! I ran into a friend at the Lenten Fish Fry last night. I told him about your car. He likes your Bullitt too!

Last edited:

tigerhonaker

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Hey Terry! I ran into a friend at the Lenten Fish Fry last night. I told him about your car. He likes your Bullitt too!

Jim,

I have seen some very-very-Funny posts for sure over the years.

But this might very well be on the Top of the List Buddy. :clap:

LOL,
Terry

tigerhonaker

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
2ND Meziere electric water-pump for S/C engines install ...

Guys,

Well Friday that just went by I had Jon that owns Lexpro here in Franklin, TN. install another Meziere.

That's correct when I said another .............

The 1st one the bearings went bad and it started making some LOUD noises as you drove it.
So George at Brenspeed dropped shipped a new replacement to me.
Jon did the install on it.

Very recently the one that just got replaced started dripping anti-freeze.
I was backing it out of the garage last week and noticed something on the concrete floor in a small puddle.
I thought oh crap now what.
tango_face_sad.png

Well backed out and went up and looked down and it had a green cast to it as it was anti-freeze.
Not a lot of it but any is way to much as we all know.

So called Jon at Lexpro and ask if he was at his shop?
He said just drive on over and will stick it on the drive up lift and take a look.
Sure enough once we got it in the air it dripped and it was not something one could fix.
Called Meziere and the guy was very helpful and said you can't fix that it has to come back to us.
The Meziere rep suggested we run only the Meziere as it might have gotten some small something in it that caused the dripping.
So Jon gave me a 30 Foot 12V coiled up wiring rig so I could let only the Meziere run over the weekend.
All I had to do was hook up my battery charger to my battery in the trunk and the 12V cable to the battery and the Meziere.
So did that and placed a pan under the car to catch the drips which turned out to be a lot over the weekend.
I actually ran the pump for like 8-hrs and then let it sit for hrs and then repeated the process over the weekend.
It was obvious the dripping was not going to stop ...........

So Monday came and a call to George at Brenspeed was all it took to get things put in motion.
George had already gotten back the rebuilt Meziere he sent them under the 2-Year Warranty so he sent it to me 2nd Day-Air.

Called Jon once it arrived and we set it up for a Friday install.
Install was actually pretty darn easy other than the Bottom Center Bolt that you can't see.
It's a PAIN to get the bolt started !!!

I did not take very many pictures but did take a few of the process I'll post below.

Here is the amount of anti-freeze that dripped out of it over the weekend.
We sent this picture to Meziere.

The rebuilt unit.

Getting ready for the install.

Jon doing his thing.

He had to take the end off the Meziere wiring harness to be able to remove the unit.

Removing the unit's bolts.

Unit removed and ready for replacement.

Replacement installed.

Jon washed and blew-off the front of the engine where the anti-freeze was.

I backed it outside and let it run for like 15-20 minutes to completely dry and recheck for any leak.

I told Jon jump in buddy and take it for a thorough test drive.
He was a little reluctant but I guess I actually insisted so he did agree finally.
I also wanted him to tell me what he thought of the difference between the Old M/T Street Comp 305/35-20" tires and the New Conti DWS06 315/35-20" tires.
He was gone for maybe 20 minutes or something like that I think.
(It seemed longer, LOL !!!)

He really likes the new Conti DWS06 tires and said now you do have some actual traction.
These tires will sit you back in the seat and those others just instantly broke loose Terry when I got into it.
I like these !!!
I did ask him if he had the opportunity to actually get into it in the lower gears, any ???
He said yes I did I took it on a different road so I could actually see what it has.
It is a bad machine buddy and the power comes on "INSTANTLY" !!!
I have not driven anything that acts like your's in it's instant power delivery and it does not let up.
And the Auto Tranny does not miss a beat ...........

Well guys that's basically what Jon had to say driving it this time around and trust me he has, and has had, some Bad Machines.

I'll do a post below this to show you what he has right now.
And believe me they are the real deal.
Some of you have asked why I trust someone other than Brenspeed to work on the Mustang?
Simple, he is maybe 15-20 minutes from my house and he actually owns the Big Boy Toys.
In-fact Jon even volunteered to let George and the other Tech from Brenspeed to use his Shop on the weekend they came down.
That way if they needed it they could use any of his shops tools and lifts.
Not many like him these days and I sure am lucky that one day I looked over and saw one of his Bad-Boy-Machines and pulled in to say hello.
That was one of the better decisions I have made for sure guys as he sure has taken care of me on multiple things on the Mustang.

Terry

tigerhonaker

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Below are Pics of Jon's current cars that works on mine ...

Hello gang,

I have had several people ask me who is this guy you trust to work on your Mustang ???

So I thought this time I would try my best to remember to take some pictures of his toys.

And this is only some of them that he has right now.

I did not think to take a picture of his boat sitting outside with the Big-Block in it.

Anyway below is what I did remember to take pictures of.

I consider myself one very lucky fellow to have met him sometime ago.

On with the pictures ..............

Sorry I don't know anything about these so can't explain it at all.
But I did see him trying it out in the parking lot and it SCREAMS !!!
I do know it has a revised ECM or maybe it's the PCM, whatever.
It's a pretty cool machine I do know that.

Here is his 2011 SS Camaro in Black.
It's dirty in picture because as usual it's been raining here.
It has gears, Whipple, cam etc.
I don't recall the Dyno Numbers guys.
But I did ride in it and it is the Real-Deal for sure.
He bought it new in 2011.
In fact he bought it from the Chevy Dealership I use to work at in Franklin, TN.

It's a 6-speed ............

Runs Conti DW 315/35-20's .............

Here's the pics of the engine compartment.
Oh, it runs like 10-11 PSI boost ...........

Next is the really Bad-Boy.

Here is the GTO and it is definitely the real-deal !!!

Oh it changed it from a manual tranny to the now Fully built Power-Glide with Brake.

Terry

redirelaP

Reaction score
Yeah, not sure why he bought a manual and converted to powerglide when more autos were made than 6 speeds. I can see why you did the Bullitt since all OEM's were manuals, but it seems alot of work for a GTO that could have simply been traded.
:shakehead:

Back