2008 "tigermachine II" Bullitt Mustang build, Pics & Video on Post #518 ...

waylander

forum member
Reaction score
that looks amazing old chap

were-not-worthy-o.gif

tigerhonaker

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
that looks amazing old chap

were-not-worthy-o.gif

Waylander,

You do have a way presenting your thoughts Ole-Chap.
icon14.gif

Glad you like the finished product.

Stay-Tuned for pictures of the new incoming QTP Remote electric-Cut-Outs.
icon7.gif

tigerhonaker

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Hi Gang,

Just got the call from John at DBR Performance that the Bullitt is ready for pick-up.
tango_face_smile.png

I also got a text message from Jon at (Lexpro) early am this morning.
He said if you need a car just let me know come on over and pick one out.
And when your's is ready we will drive over and get it.
tango_face_smile.png

So, looks like today is the day as I got with Jon and we will be going over to pick the Bullitt up today.

So, I don't have a clue if DBR actually took install pics or not much less a video of the Bullitt Mustang idling with the QTP cut-outs closed & open.

I'll find out when I go get it later today.

tigerhonaker

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
New QTP Remote Electric Cut-Outs & a New Oil-Catch-Can ...

Guys,

Okay I just finally got the doggone pictures and videos loaded into photobucket.

So that being done it is time to share with you what the QTP Performance remote cut-outs look like and sound like.

Jon at (Lexpro) let me pull it up on his alignment rack to do the videos and take the pictures.

I also took a few pictures of the new Oil-Catch-Can that DBR Performance just installed.

It may not show up well in the pictures but it really looks great when seen in person.

I hope you all enjoy the videos as I went by Verizon and got educated on doing videos with my Galaxy 5 cell phone.
I found out you have to limit the video to approximately 60 seconds or another way to say it 1-minute.
That's the time frame that you can send to your E-Mails through the different servers.
So I did do more than 1-video so maybe you would get a better idea of how the QTP cut-outs look, operate & sound.

This was the pic I took of the Old Location of Oil-Catch-Can location underneath the CAI (Cold-Air-Intake) assembly.

Engine%20picture%20with%20notes_zpszmsn7lbf.jpg

This is the Old Oil-Catch-Can below.

The below picture shows the new Oil-Catch-Can and it's location.

Close-Ups of it.

Here is a picture of the QTP electronic controller location & fuse holder.

QTP Electronic remote controller.

Underneath pictures of the QTP Electric (Remote) cut-outs.

Below are the videos taken by DBR & myself I think they will give
you an excellent idea of their operation and sound.

Click on the link below each picture to see & hear the videos.
To view the videos Full-Screen click on the 4-arrows to the right on the videos.

http://vid258.photobucket.com/album... completed/NEW Save DBR Video_zpsv6fyczu5.mp4

http://vid258.photobucket.com/album...ing March 17th 2016 number 1_zps9ux4qttc.mp4

http://vid258.photobucket.com/album...ing March 17th 2016 number 2_zpsekmqxq19.mp4

http://vid258.photobucket.com/album...ing March 17th 2016 number 3_zps60gme5i8.mp4

http://vid258.photobucket.com/album...so underneath March 17th 2016_zpsdeq03qlo.mp4

Terry

Terry

Last edited:

tigerhonaker

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Guys,

Ordered a few things for making the draining of the Oil-Catch-Can really easy and cleaner.

DBR%20new%20Oil%20Catch%20Can%20March%2016th%202016%201_zps4kh2avek.jpg

51JRWxdXhZL.jpg

I also have the two options coming that attach to the drain.
Then if you wanted you can attach a hose to them.

1-straight

h-animation.gif

1 L-Shaped

withl-hose.jpg

T.

tigerhonaker

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
My thoughts on round trip to KY and back yesterday ...

Hello Crew,

So I woke up early and got on the road real early to make the 480 mile round trip to Frankfort, KY. and back to my house in Franklin, TN.

1st off I can tell you it makes for a very long day for sure.

It's roughly an 8-hour round trip in driving time and 480-miles.
(Stopping for gas, restroom etc)

I actually made that trip for more than one reason.

I wanted to check the Bullitt out from an operational stand-point.

But I also wanted to get some idea of just how it would feel to sit my butt in the driver's seat for an extended long-distance-trip.

Well I was out of the Bullitt visiting my older brother for like maybe 2-hrs.

Then right back in the Bullitt heading home.

I can only speak for myself in saying it made for a long-long-day for me.

And my right leg from the position it was held in for hours on end was not feeling all that great.

I stopped at the KY/TN visitor center just to get out of the Bullitt for a bit and use the restroom.

My right leg took a few steps or more before I could walk in a normal manner.

Plus rubbing it as hard as I could to help the process along.

I mention the above as I have been considering making a trip to TX. by myself to like San Antonio.

I have some buddies that live in that area and was thinking of visiting with them.

It is however a 14-hour drive 1-way to San Antonio, TX. and approx. 933-miles.

I just drove 480 miles with a 2-hour break and a time frame of approx. 8-hrs.

So in looking at the numbers for both I don't know if I am up to this or not.

It would be like {Doubling} what I just did for just 1-leg of the trip there.

I think my mind may be better at dreaming these things up than my body carrying them out.
tango_face_surprise.png
tango_face_surprise.png
tango_face_surprise.png

Some of us are getting older so I thought I might want to do the trip now before getting any older but maybe my wishing is much stronger than my doing at this point in time.

Maybe I should be thinking about making the Texas Shootout coming up in April.
It is a 10 hour drive and 652-miles 1-way.
Perhaps that might be a much better choice if I'm going to do this

Speaking of the trip and the Bullitt yesterday.

All was A-OK going and coming as far as the Bullitt which is a good thing.

On the way back it got a little toasty inside the cabin so I turned on the A/C.
It worked perfect once again and I'm sorta glad I actually got to try it out.
Now I don't have to think about that working this summer.

My brother and I have not seen one another for many years.
He is a 76 year old fellow and does not travel.
So glad I did make the trip up and we got to visit for a bit.

Not really a lot to say about the Bullitt other than it is surely Fast when the need arises.
I don't drive really all that crazy or fast these days on the interstate.
It's much easier to me to simply set the cruise-control on 70 MPH and sit back and enjoy the drive.
And not be worrying about any of the Law Enforcement Professionals.

I did take a few pictures that I think some of you might very well be
tango_face_surprise.png
at the results.

I took a picture after going 200-miles on the way to KY. for you all to show the MPG (Miles-Per-Gallon).

And I also took a picture once I parked the Bullitt in the garage once back home.

This time I did not reset the MPG setting I just let it run continuously going and coming from my garage.

(Meaning I usually reset it for the return trip home from KY this time I did not)

So the pictures are a good representation as close as the computer figures them for the trip.

As I have said before Brent was serious when he told me he spent days tuning the Bullitt.

It surely shows from the pictures below in the overall Fuel Economy of such a high H/P car IMHO.

Also keep in mind that this was the Fuel Mileage with me stopping for multiple top-ups of gas, restroom stops, construction zones bumper to
bumper, driving in Frankfort stop-light to stop-light, and once back
driving to Franklin downtown to NAPPA to pick up Special-Ordered
Parts.
The thing I'm sharing here is that this is a Real-World sort of thing just as one drives not something where we simply show the BEST.
I'm totally pleased with the results of the Bullitt in it's overall fuel-Economy.

Note* No I did not hammer on it all the time going and coming and I did try to use the cruise-control when I could.

Picture after driving the 1st 200-miles heading to KY.

Next two (2) pictures once I parked the Bullitt in the garage from the trip to KY yesterday.

Just different angles ............

481.8 miles total traveled.

19.9 Miles-Per-Gallon.

tigerhonaker

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Tough to beat 1,000 horsepower and 20 mpg!
Hello Andy,

Not to shabby at all. :clap:

It does okay on the interstate and even the A/C blew nice and cold when I turned it on.
Heck I even listed to the 60's channel on the Sirius radio channel with the Shaker 1000 sound system.

T.

ZmanM3

The Evil One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Hmm, I like the long trips. My wife hates it, but likes the fact that she can pack a crap ton of stuff into the bed of my F350 so she does the driving thing. I'm sure though that at some point straight through trips to WI or TX from NJ will start to look less appealing. I already can't go straight through with the wife and kids as it is though so I do have an excuse. All that being said, who says you have to drive straight through? Why not take a couple days to get there and to get back? Pick an interesting place to stop around the half way mark and see something interesting.

tigerhonaker

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Hmm, I like the long trips. My wife hates it, but likes the fact that she can pack a crap ton of stuff into the bed of my F350 so she does the driving thing. I'm sure though that at some point straight through trips to WI or TX from NJ will start to look less appealing. I already can't go straight through with the wife and kids as it is though so I do have an excuse. All that being said, who says you have to drive straight through? Why not take a couple days to get there and to get back? Pick an interesting place to stop around the half way mark and see something interesting.
Matt,

If I did it I would split it up into two days for sure.
icon14.gif

T.

ZmanM3

The Evil One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Way I see it, your retired, what else do you have to do? Looks like you cleaned out your garage and man cave already, why not go.

tigerhonaker

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Way I see it, your retired, what else do you have to do? Looks like you cleaned out your garage and man cave already, why not go.

This coming Saturday the process for our new carpet starts.
It's going to be a Saturday to Saturday sort of thing.

So no rush at all on going on the trip.

T.

tigerhonaker

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Went to Beech Bend in Bowling Green, KY. {Drag-Strip} Saturday ...

Hello everyone,

Well I got a call from Jon at (Lexpro) and he said DBR Performance in Springhill TN. was going to Beech Bend Raceway Saturday.

They are taking 16-cars and they also have done work for Jon and I on our cars.

DBR High Performance

header-banner.jpg

He said I'm calling you out brother like they do on (Street Out-Laws).

So get that Raggedy Ann Mustang out of the garage and stop wiping on it and come on with us.

So I said I'll meet you at Lexpro (Jon's Shop) in Franklin where I live Saturday morning at 8am.

We all met up and off we went to Beech Bend Drag-Strip.

They were taking up 16-cars they had built for customers so it was going to be a pretty darn good turn-out.

I did take some pictures but not many but I'll post up what I did take below in a few minutes for you.

Speaking of my Mustang and what I thought it would do and what it it actually did do.

(Sometimes what we think and what reality is just simply does not match-up)

Let me just cover this the best I can ............

Jon drove the SS Camaro with the Continental DW 315/35-20" tires as he drives it on the street.

I did the same thing with mine.
It has the Continental DWS06 315/35-20" tires I had installed not long ago.

So we both thought it would be fun to run one another just to see what the difference would be.
(Jon thought his SS Camaro would not beat mine)

But don't think his SS Camaro is some slouch as it's not I have been in multiple times and it does run Strong people.

It has a Whipple, Meth Inj., Cammed, gears, headers 6-speed manual etc.

So it's not some stock SS Camaro at all.

Mine you all know about but what you might not really realize is .........

It does not have the power it had on the Dyno with Race Gas, Race Tune & 50-Shot NOS for a number.

It has a street tune, 93-octane gas and No I did not turn on the NOS.
(That would have really been a very bad decision)

So honestly I don't know what the real power is as I drive it around as I never saw that Dyno Number.
It had 110 Octane Race Fuel in it when they had it.
(I don't even know if Brent ran it as I drive it on the Dyno)

With the above being said these cars are probably a closer match than what one would think initially.

I can definitely tell you that are interested the following on what I found out yesterday making passes in mine.
And for those of you that actually know me you know I have no problem telling it exactly as I see it.

I thought about it many-many-many times since I got it back the last time from Brenspeed as to how fast would it be as I drive it.
Well if yesterday was a true example of it and my driving talent, man was I {Totally-Wrong} !!!
I thought it might very well go in the high 10's as it sits.
Talk about a Huge Wake-Up for this fellow I sure got it yesterday.

Here is how it actually went from my viewpoint and since I was in the driver's seat hopefully you can except what I'm going to say.

The 1st pass I thought I would try not to go crazy on the gas but get into it pretty darn hard right off the lights and keep it up.
That went to CRAP instantly people.
It just spins the tires right off and then shifts and still spinning them and I let up some and it shifted and I went full throttle and it spun them some more.
It never got crazy in my lane but I could tell it was skating around right off the bat and continued to do so through 3rd gear.

So after seeing that time slip I was a little Surprised as I thought honestly it might have made up for some of the ET once it stopped spinning the tires.
It was hauling ass once it actually stopped spinning the tires.

Anyway not to draw this out into a darn encyclopedia let me say the following about how it was running it.
You just simply could not really get into the gas much and if you tried the ET as you will see from that 1st pass goes to Crap.

So it comes down to trying to get the 60 foot down and as best you can and at the same time try to not get to aggressive on the darn gas at the same exact time.
Then go Wide-Open and hoping the ET and MPH will be there.

Well this is now where I come in with what I think takes place with it.
You just can't get into the gas much and by the time you can you simply have covered to much of the 1/4 mile for it to make up the ET and MPH to the end.

So I did have fun making passes in it the four I did.
If your wondering if I am {Disappointed} in the car ???
I have thought about that yesterday as well as last night and this morning and this is what I have come up with in my mind.
The darn car is just what it is and I have to be willing to except the fact that it's highly Un-Likely I will be able to turn the times I thought with the power it currently has on Street Tires.

But it darn sure is a Blast to run and especially if you really get into the gas it does keep one's attention I promise you. LOL !!!

Here are the pictures below of Jon's Black SS Camaro and it is a really nice Machine.

Also the GTO is a 2006 Jon just texted me the year it is.
Now that bad boy is the real deal for sure.
It's the 1st time he has ran either the SS Camaro or the GTO, period.
So he did pretty darn good I think.

Enjoy the pictures everyone.

2006 GTO

Terry

ZmanM3

The Evil One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
With the power you have I doubt you'll ever get a great pass on street tires. Slicks if you want to hook I think.

Five Oh Brian

Mustang Guru
Reaction score
Even a drag radial properly heated would do wonders. With your trap speed, there's a low 11-second time slip waiting for you. Maybe even a 10.90 with good traction and good weather.

More importantly, sounds like you had a lot of fun!

tigerhonaker

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Even a drag radial properly heated would do wonders. With your trap speed, there's a low 11-second time slip waiting for you. Maybe even a 10.90 with good traction and good weather.

More importantly, sounds like you had a lot of fun!
Brain,

See new post below I'm trying to change rear-end-gearing if it works out.
I have had better success running the 4.10's in mine over the years.
It had the 4.10's in it for many years when it was being raced by me and Brenspeed.
That's the gearing it had when it went 10.32 at 135 plus in the 1/4.
It also went the next pass 10.35 and 138 plus MPH.
It had like 560 H/P with the Saleen Supershaker back then.
Of course that was with M/T drag radials above ..........

I don't know what the actual true H/P & Torque is with the existing street-tune on 93-octane and not using the 50 shot NOS.
I'm sure it's way more though than the 560 H/P with the Old Saleen Supershaker set-up.

Below is a post I did over on the Bullitt Mustang INTERNET Site the other day.
I didn't bother to Copy & Paste it here as I honestly felt like no one cared if I did or didn't.
So I decided to not post it here but since reading your post you might find what's going on with it of interest.

DBR%20Performance%20springhill%20TN%201_zpsf9tdfjwd.jpg

The complete story on gear changes ............... Quote:
Originally Posted by R/T Chaser View Post
How are the 4:10's Terry?

Hi Al,

Well my Long-Distance-Friend it goes like the following.

I did pick it up last Friday and heard virtually No-Annoying-Noise below say 55-60 MPH.

But when I took it up to say 65 MPH and beyond ..................

There was noticeable {Gear-Whine} when not on the gas or letting off the gas.

So .................

I took it back on Monday of this week and actually met with John the Shop Manager.

We went over the situation in-depth and have a plan he is going with this time around.

The 4.10-gears he chose the 1st time were {Richmond-Gears} as he felt like they had the Closest-Tolerances.

He agreed that this time he was going to go with the Ford Racing 4.10 gear-set.

So the New Action Plan goes like the following in steps.

(1) John will install the new Ford Racing 4.10 gears and see if the noise-level is acceptable to him.

(2) If it is acceptable to him which would also be more than likely okay with me.

He will then, per my request, strip the interior down and do a complete Dynamat Sound Deadening to the complete interior.
That will include the Spare-Tire wheel-well, trunk, seats removed, door-panels removed, rear-seat-delete removed etc.
Anywhere that can possibly be added the Dynamat will be installed.
As you know Dynamat makes several different materials according to where it is going to be added to the vehicle.
So, John, will order the appropriate Dynamat material per the application.
Hopefully the Bullitt after this is done will be more civilized for long distance traveling.

Dynamat.com | Automotive & Restoration And Car Audio Products

Dynamat.com | DynaPad Under Carpet Padding

Dynamat.com | DynaPad For Automotive And Restoration

(3) If the 4.10 Ford Racing Gears make Noticeable {Gear-Whine} he will then remove them.

And go back to the Ford 3.73 gears and if there is No-Noticeable gear-whine he will then also do the Dynamat sound deadening insulation to the complete interior.

John/DBR Performance has the Ford Tool to set-up the gears when installing them.
Also John use to work for a company that did installs for gears.
He did them day after day so he is very-very-capable of doing the gear install as perfect as it can be done.

He took the time to show me pictures of the gear install for the Richmond Gears.
It was perfect as it could possibly be.
It simply turned out to be that the Richmond Gears had gear-whine even though the install was excellent.

Well, Al, the above is the new game-plan buddy so we shall see if I get to run the 4.10-gears or have to go back to the 3.73 gears I was running.

I'm hoping the Ford Racing 4.10 Gears will work out and so does John.
As the two of us discussed it he is well aware that when it's completed I don't expect to hear Gear-Whine that is simply so noticeable that it is Unacceptable.

Note*
Guys it's not that I think the 4.10 gears are going to be perfect with Zero-Noise/Gear-Whine at some speed or speeds.
I'm referring to Noise/Gear-Whine that would drive you crazy on long distance driving.

Terry

Last edited:

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back