BrenSpeed Detroit Rocker Cams

2007Vert

forum member
Reaction score
I had these cams installed at BrenSpeed today. They also installed Pypes LT headers. The car put down 320 at the wheels with torque of 311. The driveability of these cams are just like stock. The car is a little loud because of the FR500s. There was no noticeable loss of low end torque. Great Cams!!!

Last edited:

IHVOCD

forum member
Reaction score
I've been thinking about getting these!

Last edited:

Mike K

WANNA BE FAST
Reaction score
I like it is it just cams and exhaust you have done? What does an average shop charge for cam install and tune? I am thinking of just doing a few bolt ons and hold off on a sc for a few years so if these made that kind of power they might be worth it

2L8IWON

forum member
Reaction score
How do they sound in comparison to HR cams? I can't watch the video as I am on a iPhone without wifi connectivity.

2007Vert

forum member
Reaction score
I have 3.55 gears and a C&L Racer CAI. The cams cost about a $1,000 installed and a dyno tune was $245.

BullittWow

mod-crazy-fool
Reaction score
I had the Detroit Rockers installed at Brenspeed on Tuesday! You're right about that, great cams with excellent driveability! I had them also install Kooks LT's, udp's, dp's, dynotech driveshaft, and 4.10 gears....car really pulls great now! :thumb2:

IHVOCD

forum member
Reaction score
I have 3.55 gears and a C&L Racer CAI. The cams cost about a $1,000 installed and a dyno tune was $245.
So it drives good with cams and gears? Because thats the same gears and intake I have.

jodadejss06gt

TEAM DELETE SHIT
Reaction score
Ok here is my question, Wow do you have a CAI? I'd assume with everything else you probably do. I want to know how with the addition of udp and dp that you dynoed 323.00 RWHP and 302.92 Torque, while 07 vert got 320 at the wheels with torque of 311. Is it the fact that you have 4.10's and thats making the dyno read low??? I would think the udp and dp would be good for a few more than that. I know you don't care about numbers, but wouldn't you expect to see yours dyno a few more than 07verts?

2007Vert

forum member
Reaction score
Bullittwow, when I asked what they felt my car would lay down for rwhp they mentioned your car with 323 at the wheels. I do not have the udp's or dp's. We are close as mine was 320.

BullittWow

mod-crazy-fool
Reaction score
The car drives and sounds great.

I took my Bullitt out on a test drive with Chandler after the cams and 4.10's were installed, and I hit the rev limiter right off the bat, I couldn't believe how fast the rpm's jumped with my car's newfound power! Runs strong now for an N/A setup.

BullittWow

mod-crazy-fool
Reaction score
Bullittwow, when I asked what they felt my car would lay down for rwhp they mentioned your car with 323 at the wheels. I do not have the udp's or dp's. We are close as mine was 320.

You're right about that.....Chandler told me during my dyno test that the N/A cars they tested were running within 3 hp of each other.

BullittWow

mod-crazy-fool
Reaction score
Ok here is my question, Wow do you have a CAI? I'd assume with everything else you probably do. I want to know how with the addition of udp and dp that you dynoed 323.00 RWHP and 302.92 Torque, while 07 vert got 320 at the wheels with torque of 311. Is it the fact that you have 4.10's and thats making the dyno read low??? I would think the udp and dp would be good for a few more than that. I know you don't care about numbers, but wouldn't you expect to see yours dyno a few more than 07verts?

I have the stock Bullitt CAI. I know that we had a lengthy dyno tune session because of throttle hanging issues, which seem to be a problem with the Bullitt computers. They had to scratch-build me a new tune and after several dyno runs, nipped it in the butt, and now it runs super! So like I said, runs good for me now till I save up enough dollars for a new forged bottom end with a S/C! :thumb2:

jodadejss06gt

TEAM DELETE SHIT
Reaction score
So do you think the difference in numbers is becuase of the 4.10's reading low on the dyno vs. the 3.55s? I'm assuming both of you got dyno tunes??

Edit: bullitt you posed while I was typing! Well i'm glad it feels good now. I'm hoping to do something soon, just can't decide if I want to spend the cash and get lt's and cams or just save a few more k and go straight for the TS.

2007Vert

forum member
Reaction score
Are you running the stock Bullitt axle backs? How do they sound? I have the FR500S which is a straight through design with no baffles and it is loud. I can pick up a set of stock bullitt axle backs for a good price. A local guy is turning his 2009 bullitt into a track car so he is parting out most of the stock parts. I am swapping interiors with him on Saturday.

BullittWow

mod-crazy-fool
Reaction score
Are you running the stock Bullitt axle backs? How do they sound? I have the FR500S which is a straight through design with no baffles and it is loud. I can pick up a set of stock bullitt axle backs for a good price. A local guy is turning his 2009 bullitt into a track car so he is parting out most of the stock parts. I am swapping interiors with him on Saturday.

I'm running the Kooks LT's, w/catted H-pipe, and the Magnaflow #16674 3" catback exhaust. Sounds bad-ass for miles, and I wonder how long it will be before the neighbors call the cops! :chainsaw:

Last edited:

BMWM3

Always Online
Reaction score

I can answer your question with our group data. my mustang friends and i wondered which was the best cam to get. between Ford racing cam, Blow by Racing cam, brenspeed cam, and Comp cams no springs required big mutha thumpa cam, all these were the hot rod cam No springs required...

The common factor between all 4 mustangs was we all had the following: bbk 62mm throttle body, long tube headers, pro-chamber, steeda UDP, steeda delete plates, aluminum drive shaft, aluminum flywheel and clutch, JLT II cold air intake all are 5speed maunual, we all have 4.10 gears, electric water pump, aluminum radiator,

we all had the basic bold-on's before the cam all tunes were custom and done by DYNOSPEED featured in 5.0 magazine who also built some of the KOTS winners for 2005, 2006, 2007 .

car 1 ford racing cam (tuned by dynospeed)
before cam 323rwhp 319rtq after cam 340rwhp 339rtq

car 2 blow by racing cam tuned by dynospeed
before cam 306rwhp 298rtq after cam 357rwhp 323torque
dynospeed said that the believe if the car had aftermarket injectors it could have hit into the 365-380 range as they advertise b/c the computer on the dynojet reported there wasn't enough fuel being sent so the stock injectors of his car was topping out.

car 3 mutha thumpa cam tuned by dynospeed
before cam 315rwhp ???rtq after cam 350rqhp 331torque

car 4 brenspeed cam ( this one was tuned in Houston)
before 303rwhp 289tq after cam 310whp 299torque
(we think the tune shop in houston messed up his tune b/c his numbers don't add up) plus this guy has ported MMR heads.... dynospeed is going to retune it next friday so we all are waiting to see his true numbers. we know he should be way higher than us b/c of his mmr heads.
we have another guy who had the brenspeed cam and he said it made 337rwhp and 320torque

Ford racing cam will probably give you more torque out of all of them with ported ford racing heads, but blow-by racing cam will give you more rwhp.

Franchi

Senior JR Member....
Reaction score
Guess I will find out Friday. :)

Not getting the Rocker cams but going to Brenspeed next week and they are installing Thumpr series 2 ( 127020 ), new Brisk plugs, and delete plates with a dyno tune.

Car currently has C and L Racer intake, underdrive pulleys, 4:10s, o/r H, Bassani axelback, Xcal 3. Looking forward to see what I put down on the dyno / butt dyno and sound! Rather excited. :)

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back