2011 GT With FRPP Lowering Springs

luillo

forum member
Reaction score
I finally decided to lower my car with the springs that i had in storage for over a year. I will post better pictures soon but what do you think for now???

Also look at my car before here: http://www.s197forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=37524

AND NOW HERE :

39947581694_large.jpg

39947581675_large.jpg

39947581688_large.jpg

39947581682_large.jpg

luillo

forum member
Reaction score
thanks it took me a long time to decide if i wanted lowered but is not too bad on the street, i just hope it doesn't hurt me too much in the 1/4 mile. I will be using the CJ on the back, i dont know how much the front will help me but i guest i will see next week.

In the future i will try those QA1 on front with CJ on the back for track, I like how it looks lowered so i will keep it like that for now..

Aandf1978

M90 SUPPORTER!!
Reaction score
Looks sweet, but surprised you didn't opt for the optional track pack with the wheels and Brembo Brake package??!!

NjsGT

Back in the game....
Reaction score
nice!!!!! perfect drop.... time for some new aggressive wheels :beer:

luillo

forum member
Reaction score
Nice.

What have you noticed about changes in handling ?

i have the front sway bar off and a radiator support so is not much i could tell. the car feels more tight and for some reason feels better when i hit the gas, i guess it feels more like a sports car now.

I am just worry how it will handle in the track, i hope at least it will handle better at the end of the track. Using the M/T ET it feels too lose once i am done the 1/4 mile. I am planing to run the car as it is then install the rear Cobra Jet if it runs too bad and see if that help. If the car gets horrible 60 and it really hurt my ET time, then i will buy a set of QA1 for the front to do a quick swap at home and Tokico for the back with the Cobra jet.

viciousride

Needing more power!
Reaction score

Looks good! I recommend investing in LCA relocation brackets to change the angle of the LCA. Optimally for the track (drag racing) you want the front of the LCA pointing up. With that said, an adjustable UCA is also a must in order to adjust your pinion angle as well.

zuritausmc

I love Red Bull
Reaction score
Looks good! I recommend investing in LCA relocation brackets to change the angle of the LCA. Optimally for the track (drag racing) you want the front of the LCA pointing up. With that said, an adjustable UCA is also a must in order to adjust your pinion angle as well.

I noticed that too. May be because I just installed mine today. Lol. Car looks great though man!

luillo

forum member
Reaction score

i have CHE Anti-squat but i need to install them and do some modification to them because it touch my rear anti sway bar now that is relocated to fit the Race Star 15". I am planning to buy the Steeda Xtreeme anti roll bar and take the car to do all the welding job at once.

For now i just swap the rear springs for the Cobra Jet, that is a quick and easy fix that i will test at the track soon. I hope i can go to the track next Friday and run the car then swap springs and see the difference..

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back