Coyote with a carb and a turbo...why? Why not.

spyder7724

Reaction score
It's an UCA relocation mount from Baseline Suspensions. It raises the rear upper control arm mount to adjust instant center and anti-squat. Also has track locator built in which Centers the rear housing. Fox body fords and Gbody GM cars have triangulated 4-link suspension. Once we replace all the bushings with spherical rod ends there is nothing to stop the housing from moving side to side during launch or cornering. You see the foxbody twist or Gbody shuffle .... It's poor control of the suspension. My car also has an ARB but it's not necessary with a good locating device unless really going after it hard...I plan on that.

S197 cars have an panhard bar or sometimes called a track bar in circle track. That is what controls the housing sway in those cars.

83-88T-Bird Guy

forum member
Reaction score
Cool build !

Love the pics and different approaches to achieve the end result.

I plan to buy a Mod6 ignition setup to fire the plugs on my 3valve when I go to a SDS fuel injection setup

spyder7724

Reaction score
Cool build !

Love the pics and different approaches to achieve the end result.

I plan to buy a Mod6 ignition setup to fire the plugs on my 3valve when I go to a SDS fuel injection setup

Works good but unfortunately MSD decided not to give the MOD6 individual cylinder timing...other than that it's fine.
Love the red S197 .... Reminds me of somebody that had one bad ass N/A 3V back in the day.....:whistle1:

spyder7724

Reaction score
Finally got to test this thing out today.
Losing boost at 800-900ft. and pretty soft on timing. My BOV is opening and dumping all boost. Still got a number of decent shakedown passes. Even blew off the discharge tube on my carb hat the last run. Gonna run good when that stupid crap is ironed out.
Best ET 1/4mile 9.49 (shutdown at 900ft.)
Best ET. 1/8 mile 6.06
Best MPH 142 (shutdown at 1,000ft?)
Best 60' 1.39 (launching at 4600rpm 7psi 1.48 low gear TH400 two-speed)

Just a bone stock junkyard truck coyote with no VCT and a carburetor...and boost of course.

spyder7724

Reaction score
So far making 800-1,000 ft passes it's run 9.34 at a slowing 142mph (1/8 mile was 5.99 @ 121) ....not too bad for something that wasn't supposed to even start or run.
I'm having some over boosting issues so I bought two 50mm wastegates and in the process of reworking my hot side to accept those. I'm pretty sure once I cure that issue and can run flat out the full run it'll run well into the 8sec range at probably 155mph+

jodadejss06gt

TEAM DELETE SHIT
Reaction score
Where are you in MD. I'm in Severn, currently in Dubai for all of 2018. I can't wait to see this thing when I get home. Considering swapping out the built 3v at some point to go with an already running 6r80 in the car.

spyder7724

Reaction score
Where are you in MD. I'm in Severn, currently in Dubai for all of 2018. I can't wait to see this thing when I get home. Considering swapping out the built 3v at some point to go with an already running 6r80 in the car.

I'm near Frederick and normally race at Mason Dixon, MIR or Capitol but now that I'm re-licensed by NHRA and can go anywhere and run it flat out.
Update: ran 5.95 @ 120 1/8 mile 9.24 @ 148 1/4 mile in the heat with very little track prep.
Slowly upping the timing and checking plugs. That run was launching on 10psi ramping up to 12psi but low timing and really rich.

spyder7724

Reaction score
That sucks!
Yep. My fault trophy cars tracked water up further than normal and I just wasn't focused. Had my rev limiter set up to save the oil pump gears...they survived for what that's worth. Sad part is this was a really low mileage engine but it was just stock I'm not out a ton of cash. Looking for a good core now. Next one will have better rods.

spyder7724

Reaction score
New engine is done and getting some street time for break in. Going to test next week.
New combo isn't much different except forged internals, comp cams, good valve springs and updated the carb a bit for more power.

spyder7724

Reaction score
Anyway...new engine is done and went 8.90 @ 156mph still launching in 2nd gear.
Have a Coan 2.10/1.40/1.00 gear set for my TH400
Pretty sure it'll go 8.50's once I can get it to 60' & 330' better.

spyder7724

Reaction score
Whom ever put a carb on a coyote and disabled the VVT Cams.
That was me ass clown. Please list your credentials and accomplishments that make you qualified to be the Internet performance king.
If you are going to troll & shoot drive by insults in multiple threads you may want to search the member a little. What you find may humble you....ahhh what am I thinking...a 13 year old in moms basement isn't that intelligent.
Troll on my friend.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back