Forward facing headers with A/C pics

GB10

8s coming soon?
Reaction score
Maybe I missed it but how much boost.
Not sure yet, but I would think 20-25psi would get me to where I want to be. I have ported heads and custom cams matched to my setup and the turbos will be in their efficiency range, so that should help with keeping iats down. If I have trouble with iats and an unsafe tune I can add an intercooler later if needed.

GB10

8s coming soon?
Reaction score
Not really, this is nothing new. Plenty of people running efi with e85 and no intercooler making way more power than I plan on. As long as the tune is setup correctly it will be fine.

WOT

forum member
Reaction score
That could definitely be done with the way the headers are and you could keep a/c and power steering. I'll be building a setup like that for a friend soon and he will probably post pics as it progresses. It will be a T6 single turbo with 5" downpipe to dual 3.5" downpipes.

Sounds like it's going to be a stout build. I could imagine the single would be run on the driver side since there is less clutter there with the charge pipe run towards the passenger side for an intercooled set up? I think the only thing that would need relocating would be coolant tank if this is the case.
Looking forward in seeing that build and how you clock the turbo, your fab skills are pretty awesome.

GB10

8s coming soon?
Reaction score
Sounds like it's going to be a stout build. I could imagine the single would be run on the driver side since there is less clutter there with the charge pipe run towards the passenger side for an intercooled set up? I think the only thing that would need relocating would be coolant tank if this is the case.
Looking forward in seeing that build and how you clock the turbo, your fab skills are pretty awesome.
Thanks man! Yea, I'm not sure the exact placement of the turbo yet, but I would think something along those lines sounds about right. I know it will have an air/water intercooler. I'm waiting for his motor to be finished and in the car before I start planning.

GB10

8s coming soon?
Reaction score
I'm still working on this. My wife had a baby early May, so that kind of slowed everything down for a bit. I have the engine out right now with the hot parts being ceramic coated. I repainted the engine bay and I plan to finish most of the wiring this weekend. I still need to mount my fuel cell, and build the rear end. I have everything to build it, so I just need to get the car running and take it to a friend's shop and use his lift to take the trans and rear end out to build the rear and upgrade a couple of parts in my trans.

I'll get some pics next week after the motor goes back in.

WOT

forum member
Reaction score
Congrats on the NB!! Good luck in getting any sleep LOL :thud:

Was wondering hat had happened to this tread? I'm sure this car is going to be a beast when get done with it. Post pics of the progress when you get a chance.

GB10

8s coming soon?
Reaction score
Thanks, I'll post some pics soon. I'm hoping to have it running in a couple of weeks or so. All the little stuff just seems to take up so much time though.

GB10

8s coming soon?
Reaction score
Well, it's still not running, lol. I'm down to mostly small things where I keep forgetting to order small parts and I have to wait on those parts. I'm sure you guys know how that is.

Here is a pic of the engine bay with all of the parts coated and most everything finished except coolant overflow which just needs to be installed and oil/boost lines routed.

2013-07-24174244.jpg

GB10

8s coming soon?
Reaction score
Looks so sick! Are those the allstar performance catch cans?
Thanks guys!

I made those catch cans, but they are Allstar breathers on top.

I'm working on the parachute mount right now and hopefully I'll have that finished this weekend.

GB10

8s coming soon?
Reaction score
Man I sure hope so, lol. Realistically I should have a start-up vid in a couple of weeks.

silverpoison

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Well, it's still not running, lol. I'm down to mostly small things where I keep forgetting to order small parts and I have to wait on those parts. I'm sure you guys know how that is.

Here is a pic of the engine bay with all of the parts coated and most everything finished except coolant overflow which just needs to be installed and oil/boost lines routed.

2013-07-24174244.jpg

that intake looks familiar!

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back