Supercharged 3V into a 65 Falcon Hardtop

Lowfast

Just another idiot
Reaction score
I continue on my quest to swap (the easy part) and get running (the harder part) the 3V out of a 2006 mustang, now with an E-Force Supercharger, into my 1965 Ford Falcon Hardtop protouing car.

I have the engine and transmission in the car, everything fits nicely with some shorty headers, I tried long tubes but the narrow Falcon frame rails make it a no go.

My current challenge, cooling. I have a Fluidyne radiator for an S197 and have it fitted. But what about coolant routing? The Edelbrock E-force requires moving to the 07' and newer coolant flow layout, but if I am going to spend the money, is there a better/cleaner way to route the cooling lines? Or just go with the 07 routing? I will be doing a custom Ron Francis wiring harness and tucking everything I can and cleaning up all the stock cooling line mess would also be nice. Any thoughts or advice?

tjm73

of Omicron Persei 8
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Please post pictures. This sounds cool as shit!

Lowfast

Just another idiot
Reaction score
Here are a few pictures. No pictures with the blower yet, just picked it up locally this past weekend.

Attachments

• 017.jpg
    017.jpg
    489.1 KB · Views: 33
  • 082013 Download 021.jpg
    082013 Download 021.jpg
    489.9 KB · Views: 32
  • 019.jpg
    019.jpg
    495.2 KB · Views: 35

Lowfast

Just another idiot
Reaction score
Thanks. I am going to try and at least set the blower on top this coming weekend, as well as get some more of the interior parts set in place. Once I do I can take a few updated shots of how it is all looking.

tjm73

of Omicron Persei 8
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
The only way to be any cooler was if it was a '64 or '65 Ranchero.

Lowfast

Just another idiot
Reaction score
Hah, sorry, not a Ranchero fan at all.

So anyone have any thoughts on the cooling. Do I just go 07' up routing and call it a day or is there a better way?

RocketcarX

95% of my weight is fuel
Reaction score
I'm using a stock fitment aluminum radiator from eBay in my 69 Falcon build. They make them with driver or passengers side outlets.
That Ron Francis stuff is awesome, I use it in every build I can.

Blk06GT

Reaction score
Sweet! No idea about the best way to plumb the radiator but keep us posted on this!

Lowfast

Just another idiot
Reaction score
I have the radiator already. Fluidine for the S197. It is huge compared to a stock Falcon unit but I figured out how to make it fit. Should give plenty of cooling. The question is how to most efficiently and visually cleanly route the coolant hoses themselves.

RocketcarX

95% of my weight is fuel
Reaction score
Post some pics of the mock up so we can see what you're working with

stv_huff

Stock
Reaction score
Why not just use easily available cooling parts? It's going to look rad regardless.

Lowfast

Just another idiot
Reaction score
Broke down and just ordered the Edelbrock Upgrade cooling kit, hopefully it will all fit given I have less room in the engine bay than a normal mustang would. Also ordered a 05 trans crossmember so that I can mount it to work with the Blowfish Racing shifter support/driveshaft loop setup. I had made my own custom crossmember before but it will not work with the BFR support and I wanted to not have to mount the MGW shifter to the Falcon trans tunnel.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back