**Saftey Check**Check Your Whiteline Uppers

Wicked97

forum member
Reaction score
photo1-1_zps093dbcf9.jpg

Hey guys check your Whiteline uppers. Looks like their uppers are having some issues as pictured above.

Just make sure for safety reasons you hop under your car and check it out.

:thumb:

Roadracer350

forum member
Reaction score
It looks like they forgot a spacer or washer. Look at how the bracket is bent from the bolt being tightned. Right where its cracked its "U" shaped. I bet money it was installed wrong! :wtf1:

19COBRA93

Ford Racing
Reaction score
It looks like they forgot a spacer or washer. Look at how the bracket is bent from the bolt being tightned. Right where its cracked its "U" shaped. I bet money it was installed wrong! :wtf1:

There are no spacers or washers to install. What's in the picture is what happens when the material used is simply too thin, and is pulled/stretched in that way.

Roadracer350

forum member
Reaction score
I read some of the posts on the SVT site and apparently its isolated to only a few cars. Definitely need to look to see but their are a lot that has been sold and Whiteline is standing behind the parts and are doing something about it. They may have been sent the wrong material. It happens here sometimes. Maybe Terry can chime in. I know they have been using theirs and have had no problems from his posts.

Roadracer350

forum member
Reaction score
There are no spacers or washers to install. What's in the picture is what happens when the material used is simply too thin, and is pulled/stretched in that way.

Yea I just read the posts and got on Whitelines site to look at the installation instructions.

BMR Tech

Traction Vendor
Official Vendor
Reaction score
It looks like they forgot a spacer or washer. Look at how the bracket is bent from the bolt being tightned. Right where its cracked its "U" shaped. I bet money it was installed wrong!

I read some of the posts on the SVT site and apparently its isolated to only a few cars. Definitely need to look to see but their are a lot that has been sold and Whiteline is standing behind the parts and are doing something about it. They may have been sent the wrong material. It happens here sometimes. Maybe Terry can chime in. I know they have been using theirs and have had no problems from his posts.

:wtf1:

I know you are a large supporter of WL, but, come-on.

1/8" material on one of the hardest hit parts under the car.....

Roadracer350

forum member
Reaction score

OH I AGREE 100% something is wrong! But to sit here and say that everything about them sucks is wrong. Look at your A-arms. Their have been failures yes but you stood behind your product and you are fixing the problem. According to Whiteline they are standing up and addressing the problem. Will we know the exact root cause of the problem (thin metal, wrong material etc) probably not. But if they stand up, address the problem and get it fixed and take care of the customer then it will be good. You guys had failures also and you addressed the problem, got it fixed and took care of the customers and everything was good to go. Just because you have some isolated failures does not mean an entire suspension line is junk. :thumb:

leviathon

forum member
Reaction score
"sigh"...coulda had a V8 :beerdrink: lol

photo1-1_zps093dbcf9.jpg

Hey guys check your Whiteline uppers. Looks like their uppers are having some issues as pictured above.

Just make sure for safety reasons you hop under your car and check it out.

:thumb:

jayman33

Official Vendor
Reaction score
Whiteline stopped sales of the UCA for the time being. Eric, who's car is this?
I'm wondering if there was a bad batch? Don't get me wrong the walls are thin but there are a few 600 plus HP cars that have been running this for quite some time.

Good thing WL is taking care of this problem.

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
OH I AGREE 100% something is wrong! But to sit here and say that everything about them sucks is wrong. Look at your A-arms. Their have been failures yes but you stood behind your product and you are fixing the problem. According to Whiteline they are standing up and addressing the problem. Will we know the exact root cause of the problem (thin metal, wrong material etc) probably not. But if they stand up, address the problem and get it fixed and take care of the customer then it will be good. You guys had failures also and you addressed the problem, got it fixed and took care of the customers and everything was good to go. Just because you have some isolated failures does not mean an entire suspension line is junk. :thumb:

Well said.

GoneFord

forum member
Reaction score
It looks like they forgot a spacer or washer. Look at how the bracket is bent from the bolt being tightned. Right where its cracked its "U" shaped. I bet money it was installed wrong!

Come on... do at least a cursory look at the issue before "bet[ting] money it was installed wrong." Good thing Whiteline didn't immediately jump to blaming the customer.

I'm pretty sure Kelly was talking about the LCA and it's mount.

JEF_6884-L_zps85eea584.jpg

OH I AGREE 100% something is wrong! But to sit here and say that everything about them sucks is wrong...

So where exactly did Kelly say, "everything about them sucks..."? Seems there's an agenda behind your approach.

BruceH

BBB Big Bore Boss 322
Reaction score

This is where you realize there was no engineer involved in the design.

I wonder what kind of product testing they do? Aftermarket suspension companies must not be subject to ntsb oversite. As ridiculous as it sounds a suspension failure could be catastrophic to anyone on the road.

Roadracer350

forum member
Reaction score
Come on... do at least a cursory look at the issue before "bet[ting] money it was installed wrong." Good thing Whiteline didn't immediately jump to blaming the customer.

I'm pretty sure Kelly was talking about the LCA and it's mount.

JEF_6884-L_zps85eea584.jpg

So where exactly did Kelly say, "everything about them sucks..."? Seems there's an agenda behind your approach.

Their is no agenda and I'm really not sure what your problem is but you new to take a breath and calm down. Im not a dealer or geting any freebies from them. If you go to the SVT site and read thru everything they are saying yes a lot of them are saying the complete line sucks. He did not. I was generalizing. I have not installed mine as of yet nore have I read the instructions until today. The pic looks like the bracket was squeezed together by the pic until you go and read the description on the other site. With that being said with just a couple units doing this I think Whiteline I going above and beyond trying to fix it just like BMR did with their a-arms. Look at Terry, he pushes his car every weekend and has never said anything about a failure. Just like the guy just below your post saying its a weak ass part. 5 parts out of thousands makes it weak ass? Let them figure out what happned and lets see what they do about it before we flame the shit out of them.

05stroker

Never enough power guy!
Reaction score
Their is no agenda and I'm really not sure what your problem is but you new to take a breath and calm down. Im not a dealer or geting any freebies from them. If you go to the SVT site and read thru everything they are saying yes a lot of them are saying the complete line sucks. He did not. I was generalizing. I have not installed mine as of yet nore have I read the instructions until today. The pic looks like the bracket was squeezed together by the pic until you go and read the description on the other site. With that being said with just a couple units doing this I think Whiteline I going above and beyond trying to fix it just like BMR did with their a-arms. Look at Terry, he pushes his car every weekend and has never said anything about a failure. Just like the guy just below your post saying its a weak ass part. 5 parts out of thousands makes it weak ass? Let them figure out what happned and lets see what they do about it before we flame the shit out of them.

"That guy" still thinks it looks weak. I don't care how you want smooth it over. I will wait to see the results though before making a judgment.

:hi:

Roadracer350

forum member
Reaction score
"That guy" still thinks it looks weak. I don't care how you want smooth it over. I will wait to see the results though before making a judgment.

:hi:

I'm with you I want to know why it failed. Just because it looks week does not mean it is. We don't know what research they did before they made it, testing, heat treating etc. I will be intrested to see what actually is the root cause of just 5 units failing out of thousands they have sold.

BMR Tech

Traction Vendor
Official Vendor
Reaction score
Whiteline stopped sales of the UCA for the time being. Eric, who's car is this?
I'm wondering if there was a bad batch? Don't get me wrong the walls are thin but there are a few 600 plus HP cars that have been running this for quite some time.

Good thing WL is taking care of this problem.

I agree, it takes a lot of effort to jump on and attempt to rectify a situation like they have, it is surely good to see companies take that step.

As for the testing, and the cars running these parts, I guess it just depends on the fine details. Has there been an issue that was hidden, or not mentioned? Are/have the people with these cars actually inspected their components? Not sure if you are seeing the threads on SVTP, but, 5+ people in a single thread is, well, overwhelming.

We had an A-Arm incident with someone, who admitted to me on the phone that he had never one time inspected the parts after the years of abuse he put them through. When we analyzed the piece, we discovered that the gusset on the A-Arm had been cracked for a substantial period of time, we estimate 1-2 years. We have felt the pain that WL is feeling, and I truly hope they get everything squared away for their customers, and release a new UCA system that performs flawlessly. Heck, they should just duplicate our UCA differential side mount, and they will be good to go! ;)

I will be intrested to see what actually is the root cause of just 5 units failing out of thousands they have sold.

First of all, I have never stated their entire line is junk. I recommended their Wats Link to a customer last week.:thumb:

Thousands? They (WL) claimed "100's" on another thread.

Regardless, 5+ people in a single thread is proof that there is an issue, no matter which way you spin it.

That thread on SVTP was made, and it appears that almost every user in that thread checked their WL UCA, and it was defective.

The above in bold is exactly why some companies are making these threads.

Last edited:

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
While it may have been an isolated incident I personally saw how weak your A arms were on Jeremy's (Lightblades) car; one side cracked all the way through while he was driving, had to pay for a flat bed to haul him to a shop, buy a stock A arm ($300), while it was at the shop they inspected the other side, saw the crack starting on the other side and replaced that one with a new stock one ($300). Jeremy had taken the car to the drag strip maybe 3 times and never road raced the car, he daily drives it and your A arms failed.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back