Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Can't wait for the run on and sudden price increase of V6 springs

ASRoff

forum member
Reaction score
Damn imagine an Uncle owning a Ford dealership wtf! No wonder he is top dog, he also gets a CJ:clap:
His Uncles own alot of dealerships his dad used to own one too untill he had a motorcycle accident.

Matt's uncle Les Owns Les Stanford Chevrolet "the corvette King"

For the record Matt bought the Cj with his own hard earned money

The reason why he is the top salesman in a dealership that is ranked the #1 ford dealer in michigan Is because He is a very stand up guy.

I bought a V6 convert from him back in 06. I regret getting My GT down here in NC. The next car I buy Will be from Matt even though he is 700 miles away.

My father just bought a new F150 from him. While talking to Matt my father confided in him that he was getting Prostate surgery.

A week after my dad went under the knife, Matt came over in his F150 and keep his Driveway plowed untill my dad recoverd from the surgery.

So While its nice that Matt's uncles own the dealerships. Matt is definatly a "self made man."

No flame Just wanted to clarify:beer:

Lazy Racer

forum member
Reaction score
Damn imagine an Uncle owning a Ford dealership wtf! No wonder he is top dog, he also gets a CJ:clap:
His Uncles own alot of dealerships his dad used to own one too untill he had a motorcycle accident.

Matt's uncle Les Owns Les Stanford Chevrolet "the corvette King"

For the record Matt bought the Cj with his own hard earned money

The reason why he is the top salesman in a dealership that is ranked the #1 ford dealer in michigan Is because He is a very stand up guy.

I bought a V6 convert from him back in 06. I regret getting My GT down here in NC. The next car I buy Will be from Matt even though he is 700 miles away.

My father just bought a new F150 from him. While talking to Matt my father confided in him that he was getting Prostate surgery.

A week after my dad went under the knife, Matt came over in his F150 and keep his Driveway plowed untill my dad recoverd from the surgery.

So While its nice that Matt's uncles own the dealerships. Matt is definatly a "self made man."

No flame Just wanted to clarify:beer:

Sounds like a good man to me. What does he think of the CJ?

fieldy301

forum member
Reaction score
So since it determined they are V6 springs...Is it both front and rears are V6 or are the fronts still GT like someone said in an earlier post?

Lazy Racer

forum member
Reaction score
So since it determined they are V6 springs...Is it both front and rears are V6 or are the fronts still GT like someone said in an earlier post?

Looking at the ride height of the CJ, its not that low, surely they wouldnt use V6 springs all around and then try and sell them as CJ springs would they?

attachment.php

19COBRA93

Ford Racing
Reaction score
For $65 who cares what they're out of. They could be out of a riding lawnmower. They work. They're cheap.

fieldy301

forum member
Reaction score
My other thought was if they are a GT spring up front that you could make your life easier and just swap out the rears rather then swapping the front for another set of gt springs..

GERMANSHEPERD

forum member
Reaction score
If indeed these CJ springs turn out to be V6 springs (and there is a good chance of it) the GT and V6 COUPE have IDENTICAL rear spring rates and the front GT spring rates are 136.5 lb/in-23.9 N/mm and the V6 is 114.2 lb/in-20.0 N/mm according to page 11 of the 2005 Motor Vehicle Manufacutrers Specifications issued 10/25/2004-possible there couldve been a revision along the way but if not I really dont see much of a difference between the two and a benefit of taking the stock GT coupe springs out.
FYI all convertibles run 114.2 lb/in-20.0 N/mm in the front and 122.8 ib/in-21 N/mm in the rear.

Last edited:
Back