Atf 5r55 Ready

jason0156

Kenne Bell Time
Reaction score
Atfspeed.com has completed my 5r55s Trans. They will be selling them for $3995.00. From what I have been told by ATF it has Billet everything inside and should hold up to some power.
Chris at Blow By Racing will be tuning the car this week. Then to the track with in two weeks for some testing.

Car specs:
Livernios Stroker
Stage 3 heads
Comp Cams 127550
Kenne Bell Mammoth set at 18psi
All supporting suspension mods

Trans has PI triple disc 3000 stalll

TurboPete

forum member
Reaction score
Atfspeed.com has completed my 5r55s Trans. They will be selling them for $3995.00. From what I have been told by ATF it has Billet everything inside and should hold up to some power.
Chris at Blow By Racing will be tuning the car this week. Then to the track with in two weeks for some testing.

Car specs:
Livernios Stroker
Stage 3 heads
Comp Cams 127550

Great news Jason, Im anxious to see the results.

Pete

94tbird

4R70W FTMFW
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
What do you mean , " Here we go again" ?

Pete

+1

This coming from a guy who agrees to sell a part, takes the buyers money, then gets a higher offer so he takes it away and give it to the second guy.

hellion

Banned
Reaction score
+1

This coming from a guy who agrees to sell a part, takes the buyers money, then gets a higher offer so he takes it away and give it to the second guy.

I refunded him. Dont worry i sold all my parts and will tuck my tail between my legs and leave

Last edited by a moderator:

hellion

Banned
Reaction score
and what i meant was the whole 5r55s trying to make power i wish them the best of luck its not that easy with that tranny,thats why we all went to a 4r70w

MexGT

forum member
Reaction score

Car specs:
Livernios Stroker
Stage 3 heads
Comp Cams 127550

I'd like to see the results aswell !!

Any idea of the price of the components used in the trans?

TurboPete

forum member
Reaction score
and what i meant was the whole 5r55s trying to make power i wish them the best of luck its not that easy with that tranny,thats why we all went to a 4r70w

This is true, but the difference with ATF is that they made all the internal componant's cnc billet . Other's have tried with better bands and have had no real success. That's why I said Im anxious to see the results . If it all works that tranny should handle 800 hp all day . Not an advertised tranny that hasn't done what it was supposed to do . That's why we all went with a 4r70w.
We were going to build up my 5R55S , but I went with the stage 4 4r70w , damn thing is unbreakable . Alex has made a few hundred passes on it and he runs 25 psi's and 100 shot , still running strong and shifts on its own.

We'll see what happens when its all said and done , Good Luck Jason hit me up with any updates!

Pete

ZmanM3

The Evil One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Hi Jason! Its about time you had that car on the street and running already. Your car has been down longer then I've been up here haha. I seriously can't wait to see what your car will do. What is up with the Livernois stroker engine? I though you were going for a big boar engine.

jason0156

Kenne Bell Time
Reaction score
I Have 2 big bore blocks now. i went with the stroker for the sake of time, Because there where no proven big bore pistons at the time that where proven. the new big bore motor is already in the works. Billet everything!!!

Also Atf reused as few factory parts on the 5r55 as possible. It should be a shout piece.

US-1

Banned
Reaction score

Yeah....mine was a real pile of shit. Damn thing had over 20K miles and 250 runs with the turbos and had ZERO FUCKING ISSUES when P/A took it apart last week.

JDM had two 4100# behemoths solidly in the 9.60's at over 140 mph for over 100 runs with no problems on their 5R55S transmissions.

I had talked with Jason at ATF Factory last year (about this time of the year) and he stated they didn't want to release something they'd be ashamed of so they were redesigning everything in billet. Should be interesting. P/A has done their new SFI legal bellhousing on my transmission so we'll see how the "transmission wars" play out this season.

US-1

Banned
Reaction score
Yup. Jim wanted to see for himself what they would take. The Platinum car had 132 runs on it when it finally lost second gear. That was with a full season on the car running right at 10.00 in index racing. Then over 50 runs flat out below ten flat.

Pumpkinfish

Johnny Quarter Mile
Reaction score
Level Ten told me that the 5R55S needs a quality tune by someone who really understands an auto trans. When I had a JDM tune on my car it ran great and the stock trans held up fine. I went to anothner tuner and lost two transmissions in less than a year. I went back to JDM and as long as I have the 5R55S that is the only tune I will run. All I can say about JDM is they have figured out something in the tune with these transmissions and I have ran my best times with their tunes.

ZmanM3

The Evil One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I Have 2 big bore blocks now. i went with the stroker for the sake of time, Because there where no proven big bore pistons at the time that where proven. the new big bore motor is already in the works. Billet everything!!!

Also Atf reused as few factory parts on the 5r55 as possible. It should be a shout piece.

Are they just the blocks or are they short blocks?

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back