new turbo kit

CraigNnem

forum member
Reaction score
Very intrested in what SD & a few other knowlegeable people have to say about this kit.

SUBSCRIBED

Freaknazty

KEYBOARD NINJA
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Ok I didn't read the fine print but here goes ......

As far as the on3 performance themselves I have actually heard pretty good things about them from the 5.0 crowd they said the welds and fab work was pretty unreal for the price . I have never seen a kit first hand but from the pics I have seen on install photos they look pretty good . I was actually going to put one on a fox if I got it . They are basically a BG turbo clone kit also .

This kit looks to be a damn near direct copy of the hellion kit with a little turbonetics merged in , The main downfall of this kit is the low hanging pipes under the k-member/a-arms , if ya don't believe me ask Randy ( Rypper1 ) The second is clearance around the bellhousing/tranny itself . The main downfall to these kits are the use of knock off parts ( BOV , WG , TURBO , ETC. ) Once you add in these parts you get up to roughly the same amount as all the others on the market . Can this kit work and make power ? Yep ! would you catch this kit on my DD/streetcar ? NOPE I don't mind blowing up a 200 5.0 motor but trashing a 3v again ....aint happenin

jroc07gt

its orange not yellow!!
Reaction score
well the kit just came out so i know nothing about it. however one of my friend runs consistent 8.9-9.0 in his fox body with a on3 performance kit. ill try to kit some pics and vids of the car.

US-1

Banned
Reaction score
Very intrested in what SD & a few other knowlegeable people have to say about this kit.

SUBSCRIBED
You sure you want to hear what I have to say about it?

Do the letters P.O.S. mean anything to you? Note they do not say exactly what turbo comes with the base kit. Only that you can upgrade to other units. The intercooler is 2.5" thick? Any air/air intercooler under 3" should be tossed out into the street and run over. Injectors....39# take outs????? They recommend a Boost-A-Pump? Please....should say GT500 dual pump setup as a minimum. As Beau pointed out, the no-name stuff in the kit is what really bugs me. Not to mention the fact that these guys have been copying Hellion for years then whoring their stuff out on TurboMustangs.com and Ebay.

And if you tested it at 5psi then why didn't you test it at 6psi or 8psi? That whole "coming soon" line is a bunch of shit.

well the kit just came out so i know nothing about it. however one of my friend runs consistent 8.9-9.0 in his fox body with a on3 performance kit. ill try to kit some pics and vids of the car.
That is probably a copy of another Hellion setup. Building a system really isn't that hard. Hell, Rick's been 235 mph at Bonneville with a single turbo system he built over a weekend.

jroc07gt

its orange not yellow!!
Reaction score
You sure you want to hear what I have to say about it?

Do the letters P.O.S. mean anything to you? Note they do not say exactly what turbo comes with the base kit. Only that you can upgrade to other units. The intercooler is 2.5" thick? Any air/air intercooler under 3" should be tossed out into the street and run over. Injectors....39# take outs????? They recommend a Boost-A-Pump? Please....should say GT500 dual pump setup as a minimum. As Beau pointed out, the no-name stuff in the kit is what really bugs me. Not to mention the fact that these guys have been copying Hellion for years then whoring their stuff out on TurboMustangs.com and Ebay.

And if you tested it at 5psi then why didn't you test it at 6psi or 8psi? That whole "coming soon" line is a bunch of shit.

That is probably a copy of another Hellion setup. Building a system really isn't that hard. Hell, Rick's been 235 mph at Bonneville with a single turbo system he built over a weekend.

like i said it was a on3 performance kit which is a copy hellion no doubt. it held up goos on his car but im sure it wasnt the base kit either. the motor started as a 351, where it ended im not sure. the car went into the 8's and trapped about 150. the kit looks like it works better on older models cuz of fitment.

Natural1

all around duguder
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I bought hotside piping from HP for a single 88mm, SN95 we were doing and it was around $1500 alone. I think this is a decent buy at $1800, for a shade tree fabricator who doesn't mind adjusting the fitment (bandsaw/TIG req'd), getting another cooler, and opting for the MasterPower T76. The MasterPower turbos are not bad units (presonal experience). I have found journal bearing turbos to be much more forgiving on a daily driver, as ball bearing turbos don't like oil coking in them.

:beerdrink:

GrnBullitt08

Dale Jr
Reaction score
Thats definitley an interesting kit....but US-1 hits it on the head. There is alot of unknowns with the kits and room for improvement all around to make the kit sound to make decent power.

SilentScope

Chemist by profession
Reaction score
if you upgrade the turbo, wastegate and BOV, ure still around 3k... not bad huh?
add injectors, gt500 pump etc and uve got yourself a complete power kit for what? like $5k..
seems ok to me

Dex

I'm Dexolishous
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Those pipes do hang low. Not a bad proce for the piping. I would throw a different turbo on anyways.

SilentScope

Chemist by profession
Reaction score
damn, talk about customer service, emailed them earlier and got a reply within an hour...

anyways, you can get the kit without the turbo, and they will take 240$ off...

Also, theyve upgraded the intercooler to a larger core.. 3" IIRC

id drop a turbonetics or sumthin on that bitch!

08nastygt

forum member
Reaction score
Crazy thing is there's only 2 of them that do the on3 stuff. He's def a cool guy n will do anything to help you.

Eric Brooks

forum member
Reaction score
Remember guys, you always get what you pay for. If it is cheaper (like MMR stuff), its cheaper for a reason.

SilentScope

Chemist by profession
Reaction score
Remember guys, you always get what you pay for. If it is cheaper (like MMR stuff), its cheaper for a reason.

well at my age its worth the risk, to an extent...

If you upgrade the vital organs to brand names like precision and tial, i think its a happy median between cost, performance and risk...

anyways, lets see how things develop and the results will be the ultimate decider...

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back