Reische Thermostat Results

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I put this info in my build thread but figured i would post my data here so you all can see the results.

Reische performance 170 degree t-stat
http://reischeperformance.com/

Greg got a package deal on 3 of them so it cost us 28$ shipped each.

On to the data.

My setup. 07 GT oem 192 t-stat. Mishimoto 52mm twin core radiator, Mish single slim line fan 16" around 2200cfm, no shroud. Fan is wired to come on high only at 180 degrees. Front mounted turbo.

So last week i got my water temp gauge installed. And my initail readings on an 88 degree day were:

Fully warmed up at idle hood open 185ish
Driving around in city 205-210
Crusing highway 200.
Sitting in traffic hood closed for 1-2 minutes went to 210+ and started settling.
After heatsoaked and sititing for more than 2 minutes i saw a max of 220 settled.

Imediately after installing the Reische 170 t-stat(no other changes) on a 100 degree day:

Fully warmed up at idle hood open 182
City driving never went above 200 and likes to hang out at around 198ish
And on the highway it quickly cooled down and settled at 190 and 5mins later was at 188.
Sitting still for greater than 2 minutes settled out at 205.

I wasn't sure if it was going to help as much for my setup, but boy was i wrong! Since the stock one on my 07 is a 192, the 170 is a nice change. Dropped a good 5-7 degrees city driving and a solid 10-12 on the highway. I also noticed when coming up to speed from a stop the temps dropped noticeable faster too. Quite suprised and impressed as this was on a 12 degree hotter day with the cooler overall temps thanks to the 170 degree t-stat!

Only thing left to test is watter wetter so when thats done and tested i will post the results as well.

Last edited:

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Yeap! Reische performance sells direct as well as lethal performance. They have t-stat for the 05-06 and one for the 07-10. They primarily have been making cooling suff for 03/04cobras and 2v's.

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Comes with a new O ring and instructions on where to set your fan on speeds for either the Xcal or the Predator...I set my Xcal on the lowest settings for both high/low speed.

bullitt2086

forum member
Reaction score
mister roper has a point^^^even for a full bolt on N/A car its not going to see much of a difference

Mustang30212

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Cooler underhood temps aren't a plus?

Cooler radiator temps don't help the a/c to cool?

Cooler temps don't help keep the oil cooler for better oiling?

BY no means am I taking sides....these are just observations.

RH

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Waste of money.

Learn how to read....I said this was highly recommended for all FI cars-that is short for Forced Induction....I would expect as experienced of a mechanic as you to know that...

How you can say keeping a car cooler is a waste of money, especially for $28 makes me wonder how good of a mechanic you are..or claim to be.

:wtf1:

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Look at the car that the "test" results were done on.

Not sure how the "test" car is a variable; he is FI, has a water temp gauge, took before the t stat install readings and after the t stat readings and posted them...and all done in 88+ degree and high humidity summer days in VA..so what is your beef?

94tbird

4R70W FTMFW
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
kenne bell comes with a 160 tstat. i love it

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back