looking for wire tuck threads

one eyed willy

Pizzle fo shizzle
Reaction score
threads made by those who have moved thier ecu and fuse box....

im about half way thru doing mine. i can see 2 harness's that i will have to cut looks like, the headlight harness and another harness that goes to the coils for power.....

no ECu wires will be cut at all.

I was planning to put the ECU in the fender and the fuse box under the dash......

b00stedgt

Reaction score
Take some pics along the way. This is on my to do list but I keep putting it off

05stroker

Never enough power guy!
Reaction score
I have rewired my whole car . What are you looking for . I hope you are good with a soldering iron.

one eyed willy

Pizzle fo shizzle
Reaction score
I have rewired my whole car . What are you looking for . I hope you are good with a soldering iron.

very good!

i was planning to put the fuse box under the glove box but i really dont like the fact that i will have to cut the harness that has the coil power in it, so im looking for options on how some other have done it. im debating putting the fuse box where the battery used to be....i dont think it will be a issue to cut the coil power wires....maybe upgrade the size wiring at the same time?

one eyed willy

Pizzle fo shizzle
Reaction score
9af97100.jpg

179f112a.jpg

ac410c1e.jpg

d3e79214.jpg

shitty pics so far, this is about 4 hours into it, its alot easier than i thought it would be.......most any hassle i have had so far is with all the aftermarket crap i have added over the years....i havent cut a single OEm wire to this point

Rasmus

forum member
Reaction score
More pictures, please. As many as possible. I need to do this too.

1lowtoy

forum member
Reaction score
We didn't do the full blown wire tuck, but we did move the ecu into the wiper cowl and the fusebox to the factory battery location. I'll check to see if I can find any pictures from when we did it.

DSC00515.jpg

05stroker

Never enough power guy!
Reaction score
very good!

i was planning to put the fuse box under the glove box but i really dont like the fact that i will have to cut the harness that has the coil power in it, so im looking for options on how some other have done it. im debating putting the fuse box where the battery used to be....i dont think it will be a issue to cut the coil power wires....maybe upgrade the size wiring at the same time?
I rewired the whole engine harness to fit my car and the mods I have done. The BUSS fuse box is under the glove box along with my twin MSD BAPs and MSD DIS 4 setup . The DIS 4 coils are where the pass side air bag was and the ECU and the alternator kill solenoid is in the pass side fender.

Last edited:

J.Cagle

forum member
Reaction score
wow, that looks like a shit load of work. Id love to have the nice clean engine compartment, but I dont think i could ever bring myself to start cutting wires. Im gonna keep watching this to figure out how to hide or relocate as many a possible without any cutting or disassembly. I may try a little here and there if there is such a thing.

Dreadknought

HOON MONSTER
Reaction score
Well for the most part the whole driver side can be hidden under the intake pretty easily. I've done it on mine. But the passenger side is a whole different animal. VERY interested in this thread casue I want to relocate my fuse box and battery as well with a minimum of cutting.

one eyed willy

Pizzle fo shizzle
Reaction score
yeah, i figure the driver side i will do last cause nothing should have to be cut or spliced on that side.

today i will remove all the loom and black tape from the wires going up to the front of the motor and split those wires off that main harness, then re-route all of those from the fender>under the frame and directly to the sensors, hopefully with out cutting any of those.

then ill concenrate of cleaning up the coil and injector wires while running the TB and alternator wires under the intake manifold.

what im not too sure of right now is the fuse block going inside, and getting one of the ECU plugs back to behind the fender with out either cutting the harness or opening up a bigger hole to fed it thur......as i work on the other things tonight i will ponder a solution for the fuse/ECU.

ill try to take some better pics tonight as well!

Dreadknought

HOON MONSTER
Reaction score
I like the firewall idea. Better protected from dumb shit happening than in the fender.
Hows moving the ECU going? Think its pretty reasonable at this point in time?

Last edited:

EagleStroker

N/A Junkie
Reaction score

dysan

Dis-Member
Reaction score
That is a very clean job! I have been thinking about doing this but have been nervous about royally screwing something up.

Do people buy the color matched wiring or just use similar gauge stranded wire when extending the wires?

waketek516

Pedal to the Metal!
Reaction score
God I want to do this so bad. Do any of you have more pics of how you did it without cutting wires? I mean detailed pics of where you routed everything.

I'd like to do the cowl idea as well. That looks really clean.

UltraKla$$ic

PERENNIAL WAXXER
Reaction score
Willy, it is possible to get that harness under there with a little prying from a block of wood in the corner under the battery tray. This is my buddy Scott's, he's done some more since these pictures but more pictures to look at.

http://forums.themustangsource.com/f691/sooooo-i-did-little-engine-bay-cleanup-rewiring-479675/

IMO, if your trying to do it without cutting wires your making it harder than it needs to be!

jaw.gif
THAT is the money right there!!!!
headbang.gif

1lowtoy's looks bad ass too!

one eyed willy

Pizzle fo shizzle
Reaction score
ive only had to cut 1 wire so far, the wire going to the vct was a little short. I know i will need to extend the a/c compressor wires.

d68b7134.jpg

ive got some better pics on my camera.

im routing the a/c, crank sensor and the starter from underneath. the coils,TB,cam sensor,VCT are all done. ill jump on the injectors tomorrow night and get all the wires thru the fender. I welded the ECu bracket to the inside of the fender and cut a hole in the very corner of the inner fender to allow the wires to pass thru. i think the biigest chore will be rerouting the fuse box wiring back under the dash......maybe not but looks like alot of slack im going to need to hide!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back