2012 Boss 302 Dyno results inside!!!

JJ@WMS

forum member
Reaction score
Bet you would have never guessed that you would see results like this and I didnt either.

Red track key for all 3 pulls. Totally stock car and get this.....87 octane in the tank. :wtf: Yes after the first pull I started talking to my buddy and he said the owners manual says its ok to run 87 so thats what was in the tank. The same fuel as when it went 12.37@115 last weekend. He did not know that the track key calibration required 93 octane. I could have shot him right there on the spot but we wound up laughing and just doing 2 more pulls anyway.

So here it is, something that you wont see anywhere else... 87 Octane Boss 302 Track key dyno results...

These are SAE, sorry it got cut off in the printer. You can also see the graph look the way it does from the timing being pulled. The highest STD number was 401. Airfuel was 13.0-12.8 the entire pull.

Last edited:

PBstallis

forum member
Reaction score
looks like a regular gt with a cai and a tune can match these hp numbers and beat the tq, glad to know

Flite

Reaction score
I really wonder what difference 93 would make. I really expected more.

Hysteria

0 .· ` ' / ·. 30 psi
Reaction score
How much power does it make with the regular key? Curious to know the difference in power.

Chris B.

forum member
Reaction score
looks like a regular gt with a cai and a tune can match these hp numbers and beat the tq, glad to know

Can a regular GT On 87 octane with a CAI and tune match or beat those numbers?

cobra mike

rice killer
Reaction score
Can a regular GT On 87 octane with a CAI and tune match or beat those numbers?

Mine made 401 with just a cai and tune on 93 when you get a tune you should always run 93 imo..but im shure with 93 in the boss it will make more, the comp will Sense detonation and pull timming. I have heard 416 so far stock for the boss im shure with just a tune it will be in the 420s.

Chris B.

forum member
Reaction score
Mine made 401 with just a cai and tune on 93 when you get a tune you should always run 93 imo..but im shure with 93 in the boss it will make more, the comp will Sense detonation and pull timming. I have heard 416 so far stock for the boss im shure with just a tune it will be in the 420s.

I think you and PBstallis are missing the point. Those BOSS 302 dyno results are from the owner dynoing the car with 87 octane, not the 93 octane that the car is tuned for when usign the track key.

cobra mike

rice killer
Reaction score
I think you and PBstallis are missing the point. Those BOSS 302 dyno results are from the owner dynoing the car with 87 octane, not the 93 octane that the car is tuned for when usign the track key.

No that's why I said it will make more with 93. And the reason it wasent was because the comp pulls timming when it sees dedination because of the low octaine gas.
That dyno is still impressive for stock with 87.

JJ@WMS

forum member
Reaction score
Get him back with 93 octane ASAP!

Trust me I plan on it. We were even looking around the shop for some octane booster or something to help but were limited on time due to it being Sat with other commitments.

The car will be at the MIR shootout tomorrow making some passes on DR's and 110 octane. :thumb2:

JJ

PBstallis

forum member
Reaction score
when I posted the 87 octane part completely slipped my mind even though I looked at the graph and read it a few times ha

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back