P0304 code on 2012 GT!

Falkinman

forum member
Reaction score
I got the check engine light last night on my way home. Plugged a scan tool in today and it said code P0304 cylinder #4 misfire. What's up with that? Anybody else have that one? What did the problem end up being?

COYO TT

Stangless
Reaction score
I had it once, upon starting up my car on a cold day after it had not been driven in 2 weeks.

I cleared it and it never came back.

Falkinman

forum member
Reaction score
I will take it in but I wanted to hear from some others who have had the same problem and find out what their experience was.

Mugzy

Reaction score
That was a common code for the Subaru I had. The techs all say to clear the code. If it happens again then you take it in to have it looked at. Could be a fluke you never see again or something like a coil going bad or I believe a crank position sensor as well. I would just clear the code and see if it happens again.

stang389

forum member
Reaction score
a p0304 is a misfire DTC in cylinder 4. is a p0316 DTC present or a p0300? a misfire code can be a few things, plug, injector, COP-coil on plug. if the vehicle is stock, recommend to bring the car to be looked at, at the dealer.
whats the mileage on the car? have you checked your oil level lately?

Falkinman

forum member
Reaction score
Just the P0304. The car seems to be running fine. Why would you ask about the oil out of curiosity? It actually was a quart low. The mileage is 3,300. I added a quart but the light did not go out. That's when I put the scanner on it.

stang389

forum member
Reaction score
low oil can cause issues with the VCT system which can cause a misfire DTC to show, its rare but can happen. bring it in to ford and have them look it at. or you can clear the code and drive it to see if it comes back. if it comes back swap the plug to a different cylinder and the coil to another different cylinder and then clear the code and drive it again. if the code comes back on cylinder 4 could be a compression issue or injector issue, if it follows the coil r plug then there is your cause of the code

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back