‘13 ambient temperature sensor wiring

Dusty13GT

Reaction score
Hello, pretty new here but I’m trying to track down my ambient temperature sensor because my EXT temp constantly reads 50* outside. I know where the sensor/wiring SHOULD be but mine is not connected to the horn wiring like I’ve found on diagrams and seen on videos. My harness at the horn also doesn’t look damaged so I don’t think it was tore off, so my question is, could I just order a new connector/sensor and tap into the wires necessary that run along the horn loom?

DC3B3708-EFA7-4C4B-84FE-E6AA9093914C.jpeg

Juice

forum member
Reaction score
Do these have a separate sensor?
I dont have an ambient sensor. But Torque displays accurate outside temp.

Dusty13GT

Reaction score
Do you see the sensor? Should be in front of the condenser.

I don’t see the sensor nor the wiring that’s supposed to meet up at the horn harness loom like shown in the picture. I know where it should be, but it’s not there, it’s the wildest thing. My temp on the radio constantly reads 50* and on a day like today where it was 95*, my ac was basically useless because the car thinks it’s colder outside than it really is.

Dusty13GT

Reaction score
[
Do these have a separate sensor?
I dont have an ambient sensor. But Torque displays accurate outside temp.

yes, there’s supposed to be a sensor basically behind the grille. What’re you calling torque? My radio reads “EXT 50*”

Dusty13GT

Reaction score
Pulled the bumper and unraveled the loom at the horn harness and found the yellow/green and blue/grey wires where the ambient sensor wiring once ran. Spliced in ford part #WPT437 and attached a new sensor and my car now reads the ambient temperature appropriately.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back