.035 gap OK for HT0's on S/C'ed 4,6?

anticubicle

Reaction score
You're likely going to see a slightly rougher idle with them gapped a .32

When my HT0's went in the shop that did them gapped them at stock, after a few nitrous runs I gapped them down to .35 and noticed a change in the idle. Down to .32 now and I definitely feel a difference in how it idles however a good note is that it feels a little smoother up top!

nmeofdst82

STY RMY
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Installed Accel COPs...

I installed Accel COPs and since my gapper tool got lost by FedEx, I haven't gapped them down from .045 after just installing them yet.

With the COPs and only pushing ~7 PSI, is there really a reason to go down from .045? It seems to pull pretty strong at the moment. Is the lower gap just to prevent spark blow out...which is helped by the COPs?

thump_rrr

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
You're likely going to see a slightly rougher idle with them gapped a .32

When my HT0's went in the shop that did them gapped them at stock, after a few nitrous runs I gapped them down to .35 and noticed a change in the idle. Down to .32 now and I definitely feel a difference in how it idles however a good note is that it feels a little smoother up top!
I'm running 12psi at 17º of timing.
I'm gapped at .030 and my idle is perfectly smooth.
I'm also running a BMR K-Member with prothane mounts so I'd definitely feel it if the idle was rough.
My plugs have over 12,000 miles on them so far.

scramblr

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I haven't installed mine yet, but I got them pre-gapped to .32 based on advise from the vendor and everything I've read. I'll be talking to JDM when he does my tune to make sure I have the right gap.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back