05 with a whipple ...what crossmember will work?

konablue11gt

forum member
Reaction score
Friend just got his whipple installed and is looking for ideas on a shock tower brace that will fit...any ideas? sorry about wrong question in title

Last edited:

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
I have the same dilemma. Really wanted to keep my Bullitt brace but even with the BMR lowering K member it wouldn't fly. I think Steeda makes one that will work but it's stupid expensive.

BMR Tech

Traction Vendor
Official Vendor
Reaction score
Brenspeed will be releasing a new STB soon, that may work. It was designed with a TVS2300, but it should be close to, or, fit.

Keep an eye out! It's a badass STB.

JEWC_Motorsports

S197 Junkie
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Looks like there are a few but wont clear with the stock hood.

Last edited:

retfr8flyr

The Old One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Does the Whipple sit much higher than the FRPP intake? I know the stock boss STB will clear the FRPP manifold.

Earl

konablue11gt

forum member
Reaction score
The height isn't the problem on it so much as the intake tube on the drivers side sits up pretty high and puts it right at the angle in front of the shock tower. The Steeda piece looks like it will work for him as he does have a Cervini hood so clearance there shouldn't be an issue. Steeda's price is stupid though lol. Kelly any idea when Brenspeed is going to have it ready to market?

loots06

forum member
Reaction score
I modified a GT500 SBT to fit over the Whipple and intake tube. But really does the SBT really make a difference performance wise?

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
The GT500 braces are cheap and plentiful. I think I paid $20 for mine. Unfortunately they don't look all that great and they do push on the stock hood , enough to bow it if you add a couple washers under the mounting holes for clearance.

konablue11gt

forum member
Reaction score
I modified a GT500 SBT to fit over the Whipple and intake tube. But really does the SBT really make a difference performance wise?

Not so much performance wise but we belong to a large car club who do shows for our charity.... gotta look good when the hood is up ya know..lol

Fullboogie

King of the Ski - OG Jr.
Reaction score
Are you guys road racing? If not, why the hell do you even need a shock tower brace? I've driven my car hard on the street with, and without, and can't tell a difference at all.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back