06 Saleen S281 SC - can you do a stock tune to gimme some throttle response?

RedMosesSC

Reaction score
Team JDM,

Tried sending you guys a message through your site but it dint seem to get there. I just picked up an 06 S281 SC and the throttle response is turd, im used to a Dyno tuned NA S197 and despite my Saleen bieng more power it doesnt feel that way half the time and i know if has to do with the lag time between hitting the pedal and getting a reaction. I still have a warranty until may so i dont want to swap pullies or CAI until it is up.

Can you make me a tune to run with the stock components and give me some throttle response? I have an SCT 3 from my GT which i think i may have to unlock before i can load a tune on the Saleen.

Fastmover

Resident Fuktard
Reaction score
Call Jim III 732 780 0770,

I can tell you, I had a stock 06 SC and Jim did a tune and smaller pulley for me, WOKE WAYYYYYY up. You will be waaayyy happy!

RedMosesSC

Reaction score
Call Jim III 732 780 0770,

I can tell you, I had a stock 06 SC and Jim did a tune and smaller pulley for me, WOKE WAYYYYYY up. You will be waaayyy happy!

As soon as that warranty is up in May im going to upgrade the CAI, injectors, Fuel Pump, Pulley and get it Dyno tuned!

But for now i have to stay stock, so all i can do is try and load a tune that will gimme some more throttle response.

Thanks for the #

Fastmover

Resident Fuktard
Reaction score
Under warranty Bro, JDM is a Saleen Authorized dealer!

JimIII@JDM

Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Team JDM,

Tried sending you guys a message through your site but it dint seem to get there. I just picked up an 06 S281 SC and the throttle response is turd, im used to a Dyno tuned NA S197 and despite my Saleen bieng more power it doesnt feel that way half the time and i know if has to do with the lag time between hitting the pedal and getting a reaction. I still have a warranty until may so i dont want to swap pullies or CAI until it is up.

Can you make me a tune to run with the stock components and give me some throttle response? I have an SCT 3 from my GT which i think i may have to unlock before i can load a tune on the Saleen.

The vacuum line kit and a tune will really wake the car up. If the tuner you have is not locked to the Mustang you had before than we can just email you a tune file. Those are $200 and will add about 30 HP to the car!

RedMosesSC

Reaction score
Under warranty Bro, JDM is a Saleen Authorized dealer!

There is a big fat sticker on the stock puller that says, if this is removed warranty is voided! My local dealership is a pain in the ass so i dont want to give them any amo to deny something that will come up in the next few weeks.

I can wait two months before turning up the boost, i just cant stand the lame factory drive by wire throttle response.

RedMosesSC

Reaction score
If the tuner you have is not locked to the Mustang you had before than we can just email you a tune file.

How can i tell if the Tuner is locked or not?

If i decide to add the vacum line kit at a later time will i need a retune?

Fastmover

Resident Fuktard
Reaction score
There is a big fat sticker on the stock puller that says, if this is removed warranty is voided! My local dealership is a pain in the ass so i dont want to give them any amo to deny something that will come up in the next few weeks.

I can wait two months before turning up the boost, i just cant stand the lame factory drive by wire throttle response.

Yea funny thing about that, I got that cover on my 3.2 pulley!
;):highfive:

JimIII@JDM

Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score

We machined our pulleys so the cover and sticker would fit on them!

The only way to tell if the tuner is locked is if you did not return it back to the stock file. If you did then you can use the tuner, if not then its locked and you have to send it to SCT to be cleared which is $150

RedMosesSC

Reaction score
Looks like my tuner is locked then, car was Dyno tuned when HotRod cams were installed, i dont want to return it back to stock because id have to remove the delete plates and CAI and the Dyno tuned would be wasted.

I guess i will have to buy a new SCT 3 with a JDM tune. Any recomendations on what i should run? what is the best configuration (bang for buck) on stock injectors/Fuel system/Stock bottom? Pulley, Bypass mod, Tune?

I may as well wait until i upgrade fuel to do the CAI/injectors.... that prolly wont happen until this season is over and the winter mod itch gets scratched.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back