07 S197 Coyote swap

lito

forum member
Reaction score
Forgot to add, need to test wiring so fuel pump would prime and stop.

Only mods in the car for now, apart from the coyote engine are, McLeod RST clutch, ARH LTs and Magnaflow 3" catback.

Boozshey

Reaction score
The tail lights were a pita... But I swapped the entire body harness. The problem I ran into was the new cars using LED's vs the regular bulbs...

Sounds like you will have it under control soon enough.

minivanracer

forum member
Reaction score
Yes, i am very curious about this swap as well. Does the a/c from a 05-10gt car bolt right in. Not to worried about powersteering . What about motor mounts

lito

forum member
Reaction score
what k-member did you use?

Can you put up a list of whats needed for the swap, seems like alot of electrical?

Now it has the stock k-member, switching to BMR 11+ to use the EPAS steering rack.

More than parts is the labor of doing all the connections and test what can go where, there are some things that need to be done in the calibration too.

Yes, i am very curious about this swap as well. Does the a/c from a 05-10gt car bolt right in. Not to worried about powersteering . What about motor mounts

Responded your PM on the other stuff, is using the stock 07 mounts now.

sounds healthy. haha Nice work.

Thank you.

The tail lights were a pita... But I swapped the entire body harness. The problem I ran into was the new cars using LED's vs the regular bulbs...

The wiring is all the stock SJB and all, the issue is not harness wise is that the SJB is not seeing that the car is reverse from the PCM.

very nice man!! looks like you guys are making some real head way.

how does that motor feel?

It feels good but needs a new gear in the back, 3.31s and a car that spins 7000+ do not match, lol.

BMR Tech

Traction Vendor
Official Vendor
Reaction score
Keep up the great work. I am sure I speak for all of S197, your innovation and willingness shown in the build are MUCH appreciated.

Four.O

forum member
Reaction score
Damn Lito.. amazing job. I always wanted to see someone do a coyote swap into the earlier generation S197s

lito

forum member
Reaction score
We were waiting on parts, they arrived, hopefully would finish the NA stage next week, after we get the AC and EPAS working and clear on what are the calibrations changes we need I will send the data to KenB so he can apply some Lund Racing magic to it.

lito

forum member
Reaction score
Hopefully this week as the car is back on the shop to install the new parts. Hope to have it completely done by this/next week max in its NA form.

Then a few weeks back, whipple it as it has already been ordered!

Deez-67

forum member
Reaction score
Hopefully this week as the car is back on the shop to install the new parts. Hope to have it completely done by this/next week max in its NA form.

Then a few weeks back, whipple it as it has already been ordered!

I want to see more video

lito

forum member
Reaction score
This is part of what is going in this/next week. (again sorry for the crappy picture)

coyote4.jpg

There is an event over the weekend so don't think it will be done until next week.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back