1,200 Miles and It Needs a New Transmission. WTF!!

J

jaydub

Over the weekend, my car, 2007 Shelby GT 5 spd, was making a strange noise from under the car. I was thinking and hoping it was the exhaust rattle.

I took the car into the dealership this morning.

It turns out that the transmission (manual) was full of metal particles.

Now, I have to wait for a new one tranny!!

Hmmmm Not happy.....:furious::furious:

PenguinGT

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Man, that's horrible.

Look on the bright side, at least this didn't happen in the 37th month of ownership or at 36,001 miles!!!

I've got an '07 with 1,100 miles on it, at least now I know to be watchful...

cekim

Large Member
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Sorry to hear that - like Penguin said - good that it happened now - there are plenty out there with many more miles and 1/4 mile passes on them without issue...

Out of curiosity, did you press that third pedal at any point during those 1200 miles?:samuri:

J/K - hopefully you have your mulligan out of the way - if not, keep your paper work, track the days you have lost the use of the car and find the lemon laws in your state just in case...

I wouldn't worry too much - just be prepared...

tom281

Warp Rider
Reaction score
I've heard about a rash of clutches in the 2008 cars failing prematurely.....nothing about the 07s though. Get'er fixed and she'll be like new.

J

jaydub

Well, the dealership called and a brand new tranny will be installed tomorrow.

Yeah!!!:clap:

W1ldcat

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
The 1st day I got my 06 the rear end went out with 114 miles doing 65mph with the cruise on. Poop occurs and they sent a whole new rear end in and swapped it. I never heard of anyone else having that happen. I figure I have my probles out of the way now...

travelers

Reaction score
Sorry to hear about the tranny problem. I got 98 miles on my 07 before the pinion bearing roller cage broke. I figured its under warranty so I just drove it home and to the dealer.

cekim

Large Member
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I figured its under warranty so I just drove it home and to the dealer.
You must have purchased the "hand of god" warranty upgrade to keep it from seizing up on the trip...

cekim

Large Member
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Right I didn't care if the rear hangrenaded or not
1 word for ya - shrapnel! Though I admit I have driven a loaner or two in my time that I could tell was spinning a rod bearing - and I just romped on it... I was pissed at the garage... damn 4 cylinder engines just won't die...

J

jaydub

what noise was your car makin?

It was a whirring noise. It sounded like a loose timing chain hitting the inside of the engine block. YIKES! It was louder coming from beneath the car. It almost sounded like a disel.

I don't know what it was in the tranny, yet. Hopefully, I'll pick-up my car tomorrow and they can tell me.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back