1.28 60 foot time, and kept it off the wall

wbt

forum member
Reaction score
Are you running an anti-roll bar on the car? Run looked good until the rear let loose.

Neal@

forum member
Reaction score
Again sir amazing 60'. Glad that nitrous system is working out well.

BMR Tech

Traction Vendor
Official Vendor
Reaction score
Great job Paul.

Can't wait to see the 1.25 or better sixties, it's got it!

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Are you running an anti-roll bar on the car? Run looked good until the rear let loose.

Yeah I need to adjust it. I just want to confirm something:

Drivers side is lifting just a bit more then passenger side. What would be the proper adjustment to the anti-roll bar? Shorten drivers side adjustment?

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Again sir amazing 60'. Glad that nitrous system is working out well.

Thank you. Best pass on motor (1/8th) has been a 5.894 @ 119.70 mph. This pass on the 200 shot was basically a half track pass and it coasted to a 5.91 at only 96 mph lol.

I was already just under 3/10ths of a second faster at the 330 mark vs the 5.89 pass, so this definitely has a 5.5X pass in it. And that is with only a two spread on the jetting and 8 degrees pulled at 7psi fuel pressure, at only 900 psi bottle pressure.

That flow tool made a BIG difference because apparently I was running way too much fuel pressure going off of the little 1 1/2 inch gauges.

BMR Tech

Traction Vendor
Official Vendor
Reaction score
Paul, if the car is hooking and shooting straight, you don't need to adjust it.

It does not hurt for the driver side to lift slightly more than the passenger side.

The only time I recommend adjusting is if the car is pulling to the left or right anytime through the first 60' - 100' of the pass.

Do you have the links set neutrally?

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Yes its neutral now. It has always lifted the drivers side a little more then the passenger side, but it runs straight as an arrow, so I never messed with it.

Here are my most recent runs 1/4 mile (motor only) from the front and the back facing cameras. You can see the car is totally straight. The backwards facing camera is the best angle I think:

BMR Tech

Traction Vendor
Official Vendor
Reaction score
I wouldnt touch it.

You can only launch so level on these cars once you get into the 1.3 range and better.

I have worked with some VERY fast cars with this S197 platform, and once the car gets into the < 1.3 range, making the car launch like a board, typically leads to the car pulling to one side or the other due to the amount of preload you need to run. That is the last thing you want when hitting it with BIG power out of the hole.

wbt

forum member
Reaction score
I wouldnt touch it.

You can only launch so level on these cars once you get into the 1.3 range and better.

I have worked with some VERY fast cars with this S197 platform, and once the car gets into the < 1.3 range, making the car launch like a board, typically leads to the car pulling to one side or the other due to the amount of preload you need to run. That is the last thing you want when hitting it with BIG power out of the hole.

I agree with this. Sounds like the car is tracking straight so I wouldn't change where it is currently set.

BMR Tech

Traction Vendor
Official Vendor
Reaction score
If I were you Paul, I would probably start looking into other methods.

As far as you have gotten/come with the car....it may be time to start looking into some limiters, if you are worried about the roll.

To be honest though, if the "lift" or roll is not the culprit of unloading of the tires....negating that extra little bit of roll wont do anything for you.

silverpoison

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
ay ay ay ayyyyy!!!!!! looks like you just joined my boat! Im thinking about back halfing my crap!

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Did you sort yours out and find out what was wrong?

I am going back next Thursday if its not raining. Was going to go back yesterday but as you know, it was rained out.

wbt

forum member
Reaction score
Just curious....have you run the car with it's current setup at a different track? If it reacts the same then you know there is something to look into. If not, you may be a victim of track conditions which seems to bite me more often than not.....thinking aloud. :)

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
yeah, the video on the OP is Irwindale, the video on post #27 is Famoso.

At Famoso it was straight as an arrow, as you can see in the vid. Irwindale, however, there was dew on top of all of the cars and there was 3 other crashes that night--normally there are none--so I am leaning towards track conditions, or I drove it out of the groove. Kind of hard to tell in the vid.

For Silverpoison, however, its totally different as his problem arises within the first 60 feet on every pass, so that indicates some kind of suspension adjustment is needed. Mine just made a weird move just after half track (330 feet).

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Just a tiny bit better last night, but still in the 1.28s. Traffic was horrible yesterday (should have known) so I didn't get to the track till 6:00 pm. Took me 2 hours to get there vs the typical 45 minutes.

I was by myself so I only have some go-pro vids, no vid from the stands.

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
On this one 1.287 60', 3.613 330', then a blistering 6.38 @ 79.85 mph. Let off at half track since the car was all over the place--you can see in the video. What is really funny about this is when my car used to run 10.1Xs in the 1/4, my best 1/8th mile time was a 6.47. Now, I let off by half track, and I still beat that by a 1/10th. Haha.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back