1 piece driveshaft $290 shipped **SOLD**

Hatchman

Stangless
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
S O L D !!!!!!!

Up for sale is a Denny's Driveshaft for a 2005-2010 Mustang GT. This will fit a manual or automatic stock transmission. This may fit a TR 6060 conversion as well, since when it was installed it had about ~3" of compression still available in the slip joint. I have heard the 6060 shaft is only about 1" shorter so with this being able to compress another 3", it should work, but correct me if I'm wrong. Used for 25K miles. Swapped out to a T56 transmission and this will no longer fit. This is a steel driveshaft, much stronger than aluminum, and only 3" diameter so lots of clearance for lowered cars. Much better than than the stock, heavy, 46 lb boat anchor stock driveshaft. This Denny weighs 25 lbs. Comes with aluminum adapter plate and all the bolts to mount it up.

This driveshaft is similar to the VMP driveshaft, that costs $699
http://vmptuning.com/index.php?p=product&id=1008

Good condition, but it does have paint/surface scratches from sliding on the cross brace during install and uninstall. Check the photos. It would be easy to shoot a coat of paint over these, any gloss black Krylon/Rustoleum will do.

Vibration> I had some slight vibration around 17 mph and then again around 83 mph. It wasn't bad, I could live with it, and drove that car like that for 25K miles. Other forum members have rode in my car and nobody every noticed it either, I just don't cruise around at 17 mph. I replaced the transmission, clutch and driveshaft when I did the T56 conversion... and the vibration is still there! So it must be from the rear end and getting "transmitted" into the driveshaft. I will say the vibration is less with the new aluminum than with the Denny's steel driveshaft. So if you have 4.10 gears and a noisy rear end, this may not be for you. If you have stock 3.31 or 3.55 gears and have no vibrations, then this is a great way to drop 20 lbs of rotational weight.

Also, this thing has a grease fitting, and you have to grease it every 3k miles, but it only takes an extra minute during an oil change.

These are discontinued by Denny's so you won't find them on their website.
But when they were there, here's the ad info:

More info:
Lighter driveshafts don't rob as much horsepower, typically show a .15-.20 second improvement if 1/4 mile ET in S197s and most importantly are much more durable than stock driveshafts. You won't need to worry about twisting or breaking your driveshaft and having to tow your car home everytime you launch on sticky tires!

Denny's Driveshafts now offers a driveshaft capable of handling your '05+ Ford Mustang GT's horsepower and run smoothly throughout your full rpm range. Denny's has developed and tested a driveshaft that is a direct bolt in installation that attaches directly to the existing flat flange mounts. It's as simple as removing the original equipment Mustang driveshaft and bolting in ours. It is a 3 inch diameter using our Nitrous Ready tubing, two 1350 series solid body maintenance free universal joints, two flange yokes and the CNC precision machined aluminum adaptor plate with grade 8 bolts to connect our driveshaft to your car. It utilizes an inline spline and slip for the necessary slip travel that all driveshafts need to function correctly. HIGH SPEED BALANCED and TESTED to be sure it will run as smoothly for you as it did for us here in our shop. And best of all, your worries about vibration as well as shaft breakage are eliminated. The package weighs 23 pounds, almost half the weight of your original equipment Mustang driveshaft. No clearance issues with the 3" tubing! No need to replace your pinion flange this is a direct bolt-in!

What does Nitrous Ready mean?
"If you could ever twist the tube or break the welds complete driveshaft replacement is FREE!" > Warranty only for the original owner.

How strong is a Nitrous Ready driveshaft from Denny's?
Mike Janis of Jan-Cen Automotive has many impressive IHRA Pro Mod records and the 2001 and 2004 IHRA Pro Mod World Champ Title using one of Denny's Nitrous Ready Driveshafts to get the job done.

This should fit all 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 05, 06, 07, 08, 09, 10 Ford Mustang GTs with stock tranny. May fit 6060 conversions.

DennyDriveshaft006.jpg

DennyDriveshaft011.jpg

DennyDriveshaft010.jpg

DennyDriveshaft004.jpg

In the trunk of the Benz parts hauler:

T56014.jpg

T56007.jpg

Last edited:

Hatchman

Stangless
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
So tempting.

Do you need to mess with the pinion angle with this one?

My car has rear Roush lowering springs, so just a tad. I adjusted it with CHE adjustable lower control arms, adjusted just a little longer.

Hatchman

Stangless
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
All PMs replied to. Sent out paypal info, so first to send money gets it.

Thank you for all the interest!

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back