10" = 10 3/4"?

vincent518

forum member
Reaction score
I recently ordered some 10" stripes from American Muscle.

http://www.americanmuscle.com/matte-10in-stripes-0512.html

So I open them up today to check them out and they measure 10 3/4". Wtf am I missing? According to the directions they just lay right on, do I need to trim them to the 10". I looked over the're website a dozen times and it specifically says 10" multiple times and doesn't say anything about 10 3/4". I called them but the operator was no help at all and everyone else had left. Does anyone know where I can buy stripes online that measure exactly 10"

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

RedfireV8

forum member
Reaction score
Its just a guess and I could be wrong but they may be 10 3/4 on purpose. When you go to lay em down, the heat and water you use to install them will probably shrink em some maybe?:idea:

superslow86

forum member
Reaction score
Call AM during business hours and ask. I am sure they either have an explanation or will send you the right size

vincent518

forum member
Reaction score
Just got off the phone with them and there gonna get me a new set sent out today. I ended up checking the sizes of the roof stripes one stripe is 10 3/4 and the other is 10 13/16. Wtf

AMWill

AmericanMuscle.com
Official Vendor
Reaction score
Just got off the phone with them and there gonna get me a new set sent out today. I ended up checking the sizes of the roof stripes one stripe is 10 3/4 and the other is 10 13/16. Wtf

vincent518,

I'm sorry about the sizing mistake on our part! I'm not sure why this went wrong, but I'm going to have a talk with our vinyls team to see what could have happened and what we have to do to prevent this in the future.

On the other hand, I'm very happy our Customer Service has a new set headed your away. Again, I'm sorry about the mistake. Let me know if there's anything I can take care of or help with!

Shane

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back