12.12 stock on video

cdutchess78

forum member
Reaction score
Damn,how'd you go 12.12?!?!? Tell me it was the "fog light delete" I've been reading so much about! ;)

Noclutch

forum member
Reaction score
Good job. Very impressive work with the driving....did they have to kick you out to lock up the track?

I would have not wanted to stop and go home.

Riptide

Will work for Mustang.
Reaction score
Did you check the weather? I'm guessing it was near or even a little below sea level. 114.4 is a pretty crazy trap for a 412 crank hp car.

I've linked your results on another forum and let's just say there is some... doubt. lol

VTXFrank

Obama SUCKS!
Reaction score
Did you check the weather? I'm guessing it was near or even a little below sea level. 114.4 is a pretty crazy trap for a 412 crank hp car.

I've linked your results on another forum and let's just say there is some... doubt. lol

Fuck those haters. The OP has video and slips. It's obviously a great run by a driver with lots of experience. And each 5.0L is different, no two are exactly the same. The OP's car could be one of the really tight ones that makes way more than advertised. You should post up a link to that other forum.

Great runs OP!!! There was never any doubt in my mind that a great driver could put those #'s down in this car.

fdjizm

Drag Queen
Reaction score
Those numbers aren't out of the mathmatical realm of reality, that's basically a PERFECT run in great conditions and it ran that time there is the slip. can't argue with that.

Germeezy3

forum member
Reaction score
Those numbers aren't out of the mathmatical realm of reality, that's basically a PERFECT run in great conditions and it ran that time there is the slip. can't argue with that.

I agree with you 100% if you look at the 60 foot times and all of the splits there is nothing out of the ordinary. What is your fastest time completely stock OP? Because stock means stock down to the paper air filter and the tires.

Riptide

Will work for Mustang.
Reaction score
Well lol I'm not going to link to the forum and cause some inter-forum shit storm. The mods may not look favorably upon that. They usually don't.

I don't necessarily disbelieve - just saying some people are doubting the numbers that a 3600' car w/412 @ the crank trapping that number. And they are saying those numbers are out of the realm of mathematical reality. Most of these cars trap around what, 110-112 stock typically?

The whole "factory freak" thing is debatable. I've had people on this forum before tell me that's BS and they are all nearly identical.

Germeezy3

forum member
Reaction score
Well lol I'm not going to link to the forum and cause some inter-forum shit storm. The mods may not look favorably upon that. They usually don't.

I don't necessarily disbelieve - just saying some people are doubting the numbers that a 3600' car w/412 @ the crank trapping that number. And they are saying those numbers are out of the realm of mathematical reality. Most of these cars trap around what, 110-112 stock typically?

The whole "factory freak" thing is debatable. I've had people on this forum before tell me that's BS and they are all nearly identical.

Factory " freak " is not debatable, its absolutely true ....with technology the variances between the cars is much less compared to how it was in the past but you could pull ten motors off the production line and they would all dyno different. He has a time slip, a real one....what is there to debate here?

qwikhuh

Official Vendor
Reaction score
The numbers add up for a very stout stock engine and a very capable driver. I have been 114 with far less than 412 hp and am probably 200 lbs lighter. I am amazed how well the car backhalfs. I am seeing 114 and 7.62 @90 in the 1/8th, with that 5.0 only running 7.8@ 88 it's really moving in the second 1/8th.

Riptide

Will work for Mustang.
Reaction score
What do you think? Basically the statement is being made that something is being left out of the picture. Weight reduction, or some other trick up his sleeve. Or track equipment malfunction. OP had slicks on which have been known to dump a little trap as well.
with technology the variances between the cars is much less compared to how it was in the past but you could pull ten motors off the production line and they would all dyno different
You can dyno the same car on two different dynos and get different numbers. Or the same car, same dyno, just a different day with slightly different temps. The motor stayed the same, the dyno is what changed. Hence why this whole issue gets pretty debatable.

Last edited:

BAKnBLK2010

Harley Davidson FLHTCI
Reaction score
Well considering there are dozens of these cars running 11.70 to 11.80 at 117 or 118 with a tune, slicks and a cai I really don't see what all the fuss is about. DA is lower everywhere in the country now with the cool weather so naturally everyones times are getting better.

fdjizm

Drag Queen
Reaction score
Personally, haters gonna hate.
that will never change, nobody loses their minds when the automatics run 12.5 and trap 115 though?

JJ@WMS

forum member
Reaction score
Our car ran 12.4's stock with DR's in 90* weather so why wouldnt a car with slicks and better weather/air run 12.1? I can see it happening very easily.

JJ

Riptide

Will work for Mustang.
Reaction score
It's not the ET it is the 114 trap speed some people are doubting. His DA was certainly low no doubt. 40' under sea level. That entered the discussion and basically even after the correction (which took it to a 113.5) that was still to much to settle the matter.

To be fair, the factory freak thing was brought into it at that point and it may just be the OP was a lucky guy the day he picked his car out off the lot. Who knows.

Wnt2gofst

Banned
Reaction score

post the link i dont care. I am prolly on there or know some one who is on there. A lot people can believe what want i know what car ran and we backed it with multiple 12.47 runs and a 12.23 all at 114mph.

The car is stock minus the slicks. No filter, short throw or anything. Fuck i just back from California for training so i can deploy agian. When i come back from Iraq it will not be stock and i better get 10s

This was one them days everything worked good. Weather, track prep, etc etc. DA was 152, 50 degrees out, and prep was great last night.

Last edited:

Riptide

Will work for Mustang.
Reaction score
OP: I believe you btw. I am not doubting the results. Congratulations!

Wnt2gofst

Banned
Reaction score
nice runs, cant wait to see your car all done up with some mods. i get back in april so i probably will miss you there in killeen. but then you can sit out here like me and watch my video's lol
ya i will be gone when you get back. Alot of us was in shocked and excited when the 12.12 came up. We knew it was moving that time just not that fast. Over intercome next time up after the anounced that the car was completely stock. People then wanted to see..The camaro guys was in shock

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back