12.12 stock on video

Wnt2gofst

Banned
Reaction score
lol makes no difference to me. im just putting it out for the haters so i can more to read and laugh about. but to some having the springs changed out is a performance mod because it can and will affect your 60' times and therefore affect your ET. sway bar relocation, yeah not really going to affect anything. to have a video and timeslip is awesome. i wish i could keep track of my stuff better. i love your new car and cant wait to see what you do with it in the future.

I plan on a supercharger. But will be leaving for Iraq not long after new yr so I have time to plan and think about what I want for sure. It will be a lot faster then the G8. I will also be cockier with it then I was with the G8...lol..And most know i wasnt scarred to run anyone with it win or lose.

Last edited:

Vapour Trails

The Renaissance Man
Reaction score
Conditions, people, conditions. If you think you're going to use your calculator to determine a real world trap speed, you are fairly naive.

I ran 122 mph twice last time out. I had never ran over 120 before. It was all WIND, and it had very little effect on ET, as I ran within 0.02 seconds of my best ET with a 5 mph lower trap earlier in the day.

On a different day this 12.12 @ 114 could be a 12.45 @ 110.

Last edited:

PBstallis

forum member
Reaction score
im not hating or anything but slicks doesnt make it stock to me,other than that good job

Germeezy3

forum member
Reaction score
im not hating or anything but slicks doesnt make it stock to me,other than that good job

I agree with you 100% if you look at the 60 foot times and all of the splits there is nothing out of the ordinary. What is your fastest time completely stock OP? Because stock means stock down to the paper air filter and the tires.

Agreed

Wnt2gofst

Banned
Reaction score
I will agree as tires change some stuff. But if you alter any thing then it isnt stock. If you put Nitto street tires when came with goodyears it isnt stock. I mean we really could do this all day. I have seen this multiple times on diff boards with differant cars. You change rims and keep same tires then it isnt stock see where i am going..But with all that said that why i said said fastest stock 5.0 on slicks...as in no tune, cold air nothing to add power.

No times on street tires. They dont stick shifting hard into 3rd on the street. Wasnt going to watse my time on them.

Last edited:

Germeezy3

forum member
Reaction score
I will agree as tires change some stuff. But if you alter any thing then it isnt stock. If you put Nitto street tires when came with goodyears it isnt stock. I mean we really could do this all day. I have seen this multiple times on diff boards with differant cars. You change rims and keep same tires then it isnt stock see where i am going..But with all that said that why i said said fastest stock 5.0 on slicks...as in no tune, cold air nothing to add power.

No times on street tires. They dont stick shifting hard into 3rd on the street. Wasnt going to watse my time on them.

Ok I think him and I misread your original post and I thought it said fastest stock 5.0. What slicks are you running by the way? On stock tires the wheel spin and wheel hop in 2nd gear is almost comical on a powershift to 2nd gear.

Wnt2gofst

Banned
Reaction score
Ok I think him and I misread your original post and I thought it said fastest stock 5.0. What slicks are you running by the way? On stock tires the wheel spin and wheel hop in 2nd gear is almost comical on a powershift to 2nd gear.
Im running Hoosier 26x10x15s..

yes i can shift it hard enough it will break loose1-3 and then chirp in 4th..A good nail in 2nd it will get sideway even with traction control on.

BAKnBLK2010

Harley Davidson FLHTCI
Reaction score

My 2011 GT has zero wheel hop on dry roads. Ford upgraded the LCA's for 2011.

Germeezy3

forum member
Reaction score
Im running Hoosier 26x10x15s..

yes i can shift it hard enough it will break loose1-3 and then chirp in 4th..A good nail in 2nd it will get sideway even with traction control on.

Oh I did a few 1 to 2 powershifts with T/C on and off and I can't believe how sideways it got in 2nd with everything on.

My 2011 GT has zero wheel hop on dry roads. Ford upgraded the LCA's for 2011.

What makes you think I was talking about a pre 2011 car? And your car must be an anomaly because the ones I have driven all do it. But then again it wasn't warm and dry.

BAKnBLK2010

Harley Davidson FLHTCI
Reaction score
What makes you think I was talking about a pre 2011 car? And your car must be an anomaly because the ones I have driven all do it. But then again it wasn't warm and dry.[/QUOTE]

Because you were talking about a 2011 GT. Look at all the track vids floating around with 100% stock suspension 2011's heating the tires in the burnout box with absolutely no wheel hop. The 2011's just don't hop like the 05-10's did.

fdjizm

Drag Queen
Reaction score
Don't bother he is always right in his mind and applies whatever he says to every car made. :highfive:

Germeezy3

forum member
Reaction score
What makes you think I was talking about a pre 2011 car? And your car must be an anomaly because the ones I have driven all do it. But then again it wasn't warm and dry.

Because you were talking about a 2011 GT. Look at all the track vids floating around with 100% stock suspension 2011's heating the tires in the burnout box with absolutely no wheel hop. The 2011's just don't hop like the 05-10's did.

I was talking about a 2011 GT, and everyone knows that Ford upgraded the LCA's for 2011. I was talking about a hard 1 to 2 shift and the hilarious wheelspin and / or wheel hop that happens. It was dry but not warm outside. Heating the tires up in a burnout box and hitting 2nd hard on the street are two different things.

I was talking to the OP, agreeing with him on why he went directly to a drag slick.

fdjizm

Drag Queen
Reaction score
I was talking about a 2011 GT, and everyone knows that Ford upgraded the LCA's for 2011. I was talking about a hard 1 to 2 shift and the hilarious wheelspin and / or wheel hop that happens. It was dry but not warm outside. Heating the tires up in a burnout box and hitting 2nd hard on the street are two different things.

Must have been that car you were driving.

BAKnBLK2010

Harley Davidson FLHTCI
Reaction score

I was talking to the OP, agreeing with him on why he went directly to a drag slick.

Once again they DO NOT WHEEL HOP, but hey you evidently know everything. :deadhorse:

Germeezy3

forum member
Reaction score
2011 Roush Mustang Rear Wheel Hop Reduction Kit

Be the first to review this product

In Stock
$249.95 with FREE shipping!
List Price: $296.60 plus shipping!

Add Items to CartQty: Add to Cart OR
Item Specifics

Product Description

•Eliminate wheel hop for your 2011 Mustang
•Bracket and arm are made from high-strength steel
•Provides for better delivery of power from wheels to the road
•The same anti-wheel hop kit installed on all ROUSH® vehicles with suspension upgrades

Eliminate wheel hop and improve the delivery of power to the rear wheels with the ROUSH® Ford Mustang Wheel Hop Reduction Kit. This kit fits 2011 Mustangs and is excellent for high horsepower and low traction applications, where wheel hop would normally have a tendency to occur.

This part is the same anti-wheel hop kit that's installed in the ROUSH plant on all ROUSH vehicles with suspension upgrades.

SKURH421120ManufacturerROUSH PerformanceManufacturer Part #421120

BAKnBLK2010

Harley Davidson FLHTCI
Reaction score
2011 Roush Mustang Rear Wheel Hop Reduction Kit

Be the first to review this product

In Stock
$249.95 with FREE shipping!
List Price: $296.60 plus shipping!

Add Items to CartQty: Add to Cart OR
Item Specifics

Product Description

•Eliminate wheel hop for your 2011 Mustang
•Bracket and arm are made from high-strength steel
•Provides for better delivery of power from wheels to the road
•The same anti-wheel hop kit installed on all ROUSH® vehicles with suspension upgrades

Eliminate wheel hop and improve the delivery of power to the rear wheels with the ROUSH® Ford Mustang Wheel Hop Reduction Kit. This kit fits 2011 Mustangs and is excellent for high horsepower and low traction applications, where wheel hop would normally have a tendency to occur.

This part is the same anti-wheel hop kit that's installed in the ROUSH plant on all ROUSH vehicles with suspension upgrades.

SKURH421120ManufacturerROUSH PerformanceManufacturer Part #421120

And what does this prove??? I own one and the car does not wheel hop. Are you retarded??

fdjizm

Drag Queen
Reaction score
Germie baby you're not always right and it eats you up inside.
Lesson one, don't make blanket statements.

You drove ONE mustang that wheelhopped and now EVERY mustang wheel hops? let it go.

Germeezy3

forum member
Reaction score
First I agreed with the OP about the cars lack of traction in 2nd gear, than one guy who owns a Mustang that does not wheel hop tells a guy that drove one that did wheel hop that none of the cars wheel hop. Mysteriously a small Mustang company makes an anti wheel hop kit for cars that don't wheel hop......

I know what I witnessed when I drove the car, and it was a 2011 GT...so maybe some do and some don't. He said ALL of them don't, I said the one that I drove DID.

fdjizm

Drag Queen
Reaction score
First I agreed with the OP about the cars lack of traction in 2nd gear, than one guy who owns a Mustang that does not wheel hop tells a guy that drove one that did wheel hop that none of the cars wheel hop. Mysteriously a small Mustang company makes an anti wheel hop kit for cars that don't wheel hop......

I know what I witnessed when I drove the car, and it was a 2011 GT...so maybe some do and some don't. He said ALL of them don't, I said the one that I drove DID.

You can just leave it at that now.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back