1986 F-150 4x4 Shortbed thoughts..... What to do with it

WILECYOT

forum member
Reaction score
In an effort to stop it, you can wire brush, spray rust reformer, and then a color over top. This was a temporary solution for my 96, but now I'm spending the money to get the cab corner replaced.

I'll be pulling the bed and cab off I reckon and do something along those lines. I'm not too sure what I can do permanently if the frame is in bad shape. I may just have to find a donor frame.

GallopingFord

I'm Cam - Mr. Indecisive
Reaction score
Do you have any pictures of the frame? I've seen some bad ones that have been revived surprisingly. For the frame of my truck, I wire brushed and did rust reformer and rustoleum black semi gloss.

durr4456

forum member
Reaction score
Should've dropped it off in Baton rogue. I would've taken care of it!

How bad is bad?

07TR

forum member
Reaction score
Ahhh another truck with the famous red interior, my dad had a grey ford when I was a kid with that interior I always thought it needed something to break up all the red and I am eager to see some more pics of this truck and what you are going to do with it

WILECYOT

forum member
Reaction score
Ahhh another truck with the famous red interior, my dad had a grey ford when I was a kid with that interior I always thought it needed something to break up all the red and I am eager to see some more pics of this truck and what you are going to do with it

Currently it's sitting in my driveway. I need to pull the bed off and clean that frame up first thing.

07TR

forum member
Reaction score
Are you going to power wash and put undercoating on your frame of you don't have to make any structural repairs? I ask because I am building a 93 Stepside into a hot rod and debating on putting undercoating on the frame or not

WILECYOT

forum member
Reaction score
Are you going to power wash and put undercoating on your frame of you don't have to make any structural repairs? I ask because I am building a 93 Stepside into a hot rod and debating on putting undercoating on the frame or not

Prob strip, wire brush, repair, phospho, paint, then rubberize coat some areas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

07TR

forum member
Reaction score
Fair enough and how does a phosphate coating hold up?

07TR

forum member
Reaction score
Very interesting I will have to do some more research thanks man

Back